🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Identity Verification
Page options
Trisha Mae P Community Member

Identity Verification

Why can't I see the option for identity verification in my profile settings on Upwork, I have already completed my profile on Upwork, but still cannot see the option for identity verification, what should I do to ensure that my identity is properly verified and being able to access all of the features and benefits of the platform? I need help please.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Trisha Mae,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,030 REPLIES 1,030
Nikola S Moderator

Hi Shabnoor,

Thank you for reaching out to us. While our system does require you to enter both a first and last name, we understand that not everyone has both names. You can go ahead and add your one name in both the first and last name fields.

~ Nikola
Paul K Community Member

>> My government-issued ID only includes my first name, which is "Shabnoor."
Your ID system Aaadhaar, includes both names, just like every other ID system in the world.

Noor F Community Member

HELLO UPWORK!

I'm Newbie, I created my profile on Upwork on Friday, and today I got rising talent badge. But still I didn't get the option to verify identity. So I'm disturbed about that, when will I get ID verification. 

Mykola A Community Member

Dont worry, start working as-is. You will be asked for verification later.

Abhishek S Community Member

Hii In identity verification I have uploaded my wrong Govt ID.  How could I change that now?

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Abhishek,

Thank you for your message. If you have already submitted the document, you will be unable to make any changes to your submission. Our team will reach out to you after they review your previous submission.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Phyu Phyu W Community Member

Hey guys,

I am a newbie here. I haven't got an ID Verification Badge. Can I work with clients withought getting ID Verification Badge?

Or When will I get this?

And haven't seen any Identification Verification on my setting as attached.

Could you please kindly check and answer? Thanks!

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Mykola A Community Member

You can start right now. Upwork will ask you for verification later.

Umar M Community Member

Take a look at the top?

Prashant M Community Member

Hi,

I would like to get verified as I've the option now but since I don't have a last name in any of my Govt. Ids, I'm worried about the application not being approved.

If I follow the suggestion of giving my first name in both the fields, what happens when I try to add payment method because my bank account is also in my first name. Also do I've to change my profile name with my first name in both first and last name field.

Kindly provide assistance. I'm very confused as how should I proceed.

Thank You

Andrea G Community Manager

Hi Prashant,

Rest assured, our team will be able to assist you with any or all of these eventualities. Including your name for both fields was the right thing to do. Please go ahead and submit your documents for ID verification. If any clarification is needed, our team will reach out to you directly in order to assist.

~Andrea
Dessy Atika Suri H Community Member

I have tried to verify my ID before the due date. However, the process is longer than it should be. I am worry if Upwork hold my account. Can you help me to resolve this? Because I need that badge to apply the job.

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Dessy,

I checked your account, and it looks like someone from our verification team reached out to you about the verification process. Please refer to the information they shared with you on the ticket by going here and following the instructions provided. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

I have tried to change my photo profile but it is stated that I have to verify my identity before I change to new photo. So how is it? My ID is not verified yet.

Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi Dessy,

We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

~ AJ
Upwork

This comes up after I resubmitted my ID card. However, the ID card that I applied is still valid in my country. Please assist me in solving this problem.

I know that there is validity period in my ID card, but the government of my country decides if this type ID card is valid for lifetime and no need to be extended.

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Dessy,

I am sorry to hear about your ID verification status and I understand your concern. I can see that one of our team members has already notified you about the status via a support ticket. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,
Pradeep

John Christian S Community Member

From what I read, it will be shown after 30days

Jiten J Community Member

I have no last name, how to verify myself on upwork.

I tried adding my single name in both first name and last name field but after 24 hours it still asking for verification. What should I do now?? It's becoming frustrating, as there is no support from upwork.

Ahmed Osama A Community Member

you should Write your firist, Middele and last name to make your profile appeare with firist and middle name.

Prashant P Community Member

How does your name appear on PAN or Aadhar card?  What name do you use for banks?

Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi Jiten,

Thanks for reaching out so we can help. While our system does require you to enter both a first and last name, we understand that not everyone has both names. You can go ahead and add your one name in both the first and last name fields.

~ AJ
Upwork
Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Jiten,

I'm sorry to learn that you're having difficulties verifying your ID. I can see that the team has contacted you via email with more information and further instructions on resolving the issue. Feel free to coordinate with the team by responding to the email or updating your ticket on this page. They will surely assist you accordingly.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Lucas T Community Member

I am unable to add payment information onto my account due to my account name and bank account not having the same name. I am transgender and my legal first name has not yet been changed, so all of my banking information is in my legal name. I've looked and I can't find any way to verify my identity or any way to get in contact with someone who could help me out. There is no verified identity section in my settings and everything I've tried hasn't worked. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths