🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Unable to verify identify
Page options
Audun N Community Member

Identity Verification

Gov. ID was not approved, and yet it worked on a different page.

Everything shows. It´s not a pristine picture, but everything´s perfectly legible. Not sure how I could take a better picture..

Is there a place I can send it for a personal verification ? 

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Ahmad,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

Freelancers requested to submit identification documents should submit any of the documents listed during the verification process. Note that the list is different for each country.

If you do not have any documents from the list, you can submit a different government-issued ID, ensuring it’s unexpired and valid. This will trigger a manual review process. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria. 

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update:

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

- Pradeep

View solution in original post

2,538 REPLIES 2,538
Chukwuemeka C Community Member

Hello Ogunsola, 

Congratulations on your just completed task on Upwork. 

What I used for my verification was my drivers license. 

Hope this helps 

Cheers
Chukwuemeka

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hoi Ogunsola,

I see that you've been coordinating with the appropriate team to address your ID verification concerns. A support ticket was raised and we suggest you continue communicating with the team through that ticket or email so that they can assist you more efficiently.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Alexander N Community Member

I tried again but the system doesn't want to recognize my passport. This is the 6th day of my torment.....

Anshul J Community Member

Hi Upwork team,
I have the same problem with identity verification, it's been a week and I'm unable to verify my profile because of that I can't bid for the work.
I've submitted my Id, selfie more then 10 times and tried different documents but getting notification to upload again or a document with a country or different selfie, it's really frustrating.
Can you ask an agent to check my account, please?

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Anshul,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Anshul J Community Member

Hi Luiggi,
Thanks for escalating, it's resolved now.

Habibullah M Community Member

hi,

my name is habibullah mehmood qazi which is my legal name but my verified name is habib mahmood and becuase of that it is not verfiying my identity card 

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Habibullah,

I can see that one of our team members is already assisting you via a support ticket. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Habibullah M Community Member

kindly guide me how to do I get in touch with support ticket it just says solved further reading it it says that your request for verification is declined please submit documents named after habib mahmood which is not my real name it is my nick name 

my real name is habibullah mehmood qazi I used habib from habibullah and mahmood from my surname but i guess some how they can't find resemblance in the name and i can't add addtional comments on my support ticket because it says solved ut they have just rejected my verification

Pradeep H Moderator

Habibullah, you can also respond to the email notification sent to the registered email address to open the support ticket. 

- Pradeep

Nikoloz B Community Member

Hello everyone!

I'm new to this, just started, but I'm having trouble with the ID verification. I've sent an ID card for verification and even a passport as well. But every time it asked me again and again, not sure what the problem was. Now it says, manual review. So what should I do? Should I wait or should I be worried? If the photos need to be sent here, let me know and I will do it right away. 

Thank you!

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Nikoloz,

I can confirm that you were able to submit the required documents. For now, you need to wait; the team's manual review will take 1-3 days to complete. Let us know if you don't see any updates after that time, and we'll gladly follow up.

~ Luiggi
Muhammad Shahzad S Community Member

i have connects but i cant use them. apply job button is not enabled.what is its soulton.

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Muhammad Shahzad,

I saw that you've been requested to complete the ID verification process. Please go here and get this started at your earliest convenience. This is a required step so that you can start submitting your proposals. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Tim L Community Member

I also have the same issue, i cant apply since the apply now button is unable to click even though i have enough connects to send proposal

Tim L Community Member

i received about my complain about why i cant apply work even though i have enough connects. upwork told me to update my profile picture to more accurate picture of mine and i already did but still cant apply any work

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Tim,

I'm sorry that you were having trouble with the verification process. Upon checking with the relevant team, I can confirm that your account has been successfully verified. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Uthman P Community Member

I am from Kosovo and i try to verify my id but is not working !

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Uthman,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Sushant N Community Member

I  have been trying to verify my ID but it is not recognizing my document and keeps giving error.

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Sushant,

~ Luiggi
Sergey N Community Member

I can’t confirm my identity. Is there another way?

https://prnt.sc/uwn1P9KYunyd

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Sergey,

I see that you've recently resubmitted your documents, which are under manual review. Kindly allow 1-3 for the review to be completed. Please let us know if you don't hear back from the team within that time, and we'll gladly follow up. 

~ Luiggi
Mradul T Community Member

Page erroring out after submission of I'd and Selfi. All browser settings are enabled. Wifi is good. See attachment.

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Mradul,

I would be happy to help. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths