🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Bar Code on Driver's License
Page options
Audun N Community Member

Identity Verification

Gov. ID was not approved, and yet it worked on a different page.

Everything shows. It´s not a pristine picture, but everything´s perfectly legible. Not sure how I could take a better picture..

Is there a place I can send it for a personal verification ? 

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Ahmad,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

Freelancers requested to submit identification documents should submit any of the documents listed during the verification process. Note that the list is different for each country.

If you do not have any documents from the list, you can submit a different government-issued ID, ensuring it’s unexpired and valid. This will trigger a manual review process. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria. 

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update:

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

- Pradeep

View solution in original post

2,538 REPLIES 2,538
Lelanie Grace Ann G Community Member

I already have the Identity Verification tab in my settings. Upwork also restricted my job hunting and pay claims until I gained the Identity Verification Badge. I don't have any new IDs reflecting my recent address except for an NBI. The option for Identity Verification did not provide for the document, only the driver's license, passport, permanent resident card, and ID card. Also, I tried scanning the NBI but to no avail. 

Since I read that NBI is accepted for freelancers in the Philippines, where should I send it so that I can restore my applications and withdraw my pay?

Thanks. 

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Lelanie,

Thank you for your message. We accept NBI clearance for ID verification. Could you please confirm the error you get while uploading your documents? 

- Pradeep

Lelanie Grace Ann G Community Member

There was no error, but it won’t detect maybe because NBI is not an ID card like the rest. Is there another way like sending the document in a upwork’s email address instead? 
Joanne P Moderator

Hi Lelanie Grace Ann,

The documents we accept include a passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria. 

Could you please try again after clearing your cache and cookies or using a different browser? For additional information, please check out this help article

~ Joanne
Upwork
Alain Abriel V Community Member

Hello, I'm a PWD looking for some jobs here - landed my first contract but now Upwork keeps asking me for an ID even though I already did twice. I can't work on the contract yet and I tried both my government ID and postal ID.

How long should I wait? been waiting for a few days but I still see the attached. And how do you file a ticket?

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Alain,

I am sorry to hear about your verification status and difficulty reaching our support. I checked your account and can confirm that your previous submission was rejected due to an image quality issue. Could you please try uploading your ID again with a clear image? 

- Pradeep

Hieu N Community Member

I was asked to do an Identity Verification, and when I navigated to upwork.com/ab/identity-verification, then hit Start Now button, I'm redirected to a Choose how to continue on a mobile device page.

At this page, I'm unable to move forward to the next step, as it requires me to Scan QR code with a mobile device, or Send a text message to my phone number, which none of them works for me

Scan QR code with a mobile device asks to open the same page on my mobile

Send a text message to my phone number shows a yellow warning ofYou have exceeded the max number of texts that we can

Please advise what to do next so I can submit my documents for verification.

Hieu

Alain Abriel V Community Member

Mine's past that but after sending them my ID I didn't get any update.. i already did it twice but it is still showing this: Screenshot 2024-04-05 at 4.05.27 PM.png

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Hieu,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here

- Pradeep

Akinniyi O Community Member

Hi Pradeep

This is the same issue i am currently facing too. Kindly help me out.

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Akinniyi,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you with further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Nonkululeko M Community Member

Hi Arjay, 

I'm also experiencing the same issue. Please assist. 

Akinniyi O Community Member

Thanks, but It's 5 days now yet your agents have not been able to solve this issue.

I've e exchanged 27 emails with different agents in just one support ticket yet Upwork is yet to verify my ID.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Akinniyi,

Thank you for following up. I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Amanda C Community Member

The back of my driver's license will not scan. I have no issues with the front, just the bar code on the back. The chat just goes in circles and I'm never connected with a person. I've tried all the troubleshooting that is given to no avail. Now my account has been suspended. This is beyond frustrating. UPWORK, please get in touch to assist. Thank you.

Rajkumar Y Community Member

Hello can I help you

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Amanda,

I am sorry for the frustration this has caused. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
James H Community Member

Having the exact problem to the point it asks for me to take the photo itself and it still doesnt recognize the back of ID. Tried a switched browser and everything

Joanne P Moderator

Hi James,

We wanted to confirm: Is all of your ID information not showing up on the front of your ID? 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Prevail N Community Member

I'm trying to verify my account but Upwork isn't accepting my improved NIN Slip and it's the only means of verification I own. What do I do?

Marcelo M Community Member

I'm having problems with the system that performs the biometric reading of the identity document and selfie. I was unable to verify my identity. Your system is terrible and doesn't work.
I need some solution.

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Marcelo, 

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing frustration with your verification process. Could you please share more information about the issue you are experiencing? If possible please share a screenshot of the error message from your end so that we can better assist you.

~ Nikola
Marcelo M Community Member

I don't have a screenshot to present, because it's just information like:
"We were unable to recognize your photo", or even,
"We were unable to identify your document."

I can't perform any work within the platform because of this.
I need a solution.
Could I send a photo of my document here so you can continue the verification process?

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Thank you for your response and confirmation, Marcelo,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket to give your report the attention it deserves. One of our agents will contact you soon on this page with more information and to assist.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Jose Amec V Community Member

Hello! 

I'm new to Upwork and I'm having the same issue I've seen several people mention in this thread.

I use a mobile device to scan my government issued ID, and it seems like it's rejected but it's not clear why. I don't recieve any kind of notification or aditional information. I've spent some time reviewing documentation and requesting support via the chatbot but I haven't been able to find a concrete answer.

Let me know if I should be creating a new post instead of commenting on this one. It seems to be the same issue so this made sense to me.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths