🐈
» Forums » Support » Identity Verification
Page options
35c60370
Community Member

Identity Verification

Why can't I see the option for identity verification in my profile settings on Upwork, I have already completed my profile on Upwork, but still cannot see the option for identity verification, what should I do to ensure that my identity is properly verified and being able to access all of the features and benefits of the platform? I need help please.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ArjayM

Hi Trisha Mae,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,030 REPLIES 1,030

Hi Muhammad,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble completing your verification. I can see that one of our team members has already reached you via a support ticket. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,
Pradeep

Upwork
2bd49bb6
Community Member

I used my English name, Jason Sun, when I registered.
But then I realized that I need to do ID verification after logging in, and my passport and ID card are in Chinese pinyin name (Jianan Sun), so I changed my name in the backend and bound my credit card with the name (Jianan Sun), which took two days.
But when I opened the ID verification, the page prompted me to submit Jason Sun's supporting documents, and I couldn't find anywhere that I had filled out Jason Sun. I submitted (Jianan Sun)'s supporting documents twice, and both times, how long is this cache going to last?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

2bd49bb6_2-1692260525962.png

2bd49bb6_1-1692260511553.png

Hi Jianan,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble while verifying your account. I see that one of our team members has already reached you via a support ticket regarding the same concern. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,
Pradeep

Upwork

Hi,

I upload my passport and ID card to support tickets two days ago , BUT NO ONE ANSWER me , 

But strangely the page says Last activity Yesterday at 22:32(maybe a bug)
but I can't get any new replies.

can you just see that tickets , and approve my account?

I'm not jason , there's always ask me to upload jason's file

2bd49bb6_0-1692413815722.png

**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Jianan,

I can see that one of our agents has already reached out to you. Please check the ticket by logging in to your Upwork account and going here. Please allow them time to review the documents you have submitted. Someone from the team will get back to you with more information.  

~ Joanne
Upwork
2bd49bb6
Community Member

hi

no one answer me on that ticket 2 days long

Hi Jianan,

We know you're eager to hear back from us, but our support teams are dealing with an unprecedented number of inquiries, causing delays in our response time. That being said, your concerns and questions are still our top priority, and we're doing everything we can to get back to you as soon as possible.

~ AJ
Upwork

Still no one has responded to me, can you please intervene with the ticket, my account will expire in 3 days, but I have a work in progress right now

The problem is that the verification page keeps asking me to submit jason's info, but it's been more than 7 days since I changed my name to my ID name (jianan sun) Still no one has responded to me on that open tickets, can you please intervene with the ticket, my account will expire in 3 days, but I have a work in progress right now

Hi Jianan,

I have followed up with the team handling your support request and one of our team members will reach out to you as soon as possible. 

- Pradeep

Upwork

Is there a bug in the ticket page, the page shows that someone responded to me 6 hours ago, but I can't see the latest reply!

2bd49bb6_0-1692664049203.png

2bd49bb6_1-1692664103628.png

The system still asked me for Jason's info and uploading my (Jianan Sun) passport and ID didn't go through. And no response from ticket. and I can't upload a new photo , cause "Please verify your identity before uploading a new profile photo." 

So there's no way for me to change the profile with the sunglasses, which is mentioned in the unauthenticated message.

👇 My photo

Hi Jianan,

I checked your account and it looks like our team reached out to you just yesterday. Please update the ticket should you have further questions or concerns as your ticket is assigned to the team who can help you regarding this matter. You may access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hello, please listen to me very carefully, we have had ineffective communication for more than 7 days. There is no more time.
The problem is that my name is Jianan Sun, my profile and bank card are all in this name.
But now the system authentication page prompts me to upload Jason Sun's profile, which is a wrong name, the English name I used when I registered, not my government-authenticated name, because I didn't know it the first time I used it.
I've changed it a week ago, and now my profile and linked bank card are in the correct name (Jianan Sun)

The problem is that the authentication asks me to provide a name that is not mine
The problem is that authentication is asking me for a name that is not mine.
The problem is that the authentication is asking me to provide a name that is not mine.

All the time you mentioned tickets, it was the system telling me that the ID and passport I uploaded were not Jason sun and no one helped me with this system error!

I need to verify Jianan Sun.

I have successfully tied up the credit card of Jianan Sun.

I am not Jason Sun.

System repeatedly asked me to upload Jason Sun's information.

There is no place where Jason Sun should appear.
But when I go to verify my identity now, I'm still told to upload Jason Sun's information.

Why? I don't want to wait for the ticket because there is absolutely no response, and when you say there is a response, it's a full screenshot of me, and there is absolutely no response to me!

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Jianan,

I'm sorry to learn about your experience trying to verify your identity. I can see that the team is reviewing your most recent submission and will get back to you soon. If after 24 hours you still haven't heard back from them, don't hesitate to let us know, and we'll be happy to follow up on your behalf.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
2bd49bb6
Community Member

Thank you very much, I see in the background that there was a reply 10 hours ago, but when I click on tickets there is nothing.
Is this a bug please?
I can't see it in Chrome or Edge

Every time you guys say there's a new reply for me to check, all I can see is the date of the latest reply, but I can't see any response, just mine!

Can you just fix my account to require verification of Jianan Sun instead of the incorrect Jason Sun?

I can't read the reply 11 hours ago , i can't find anywhere 👇

WechatIMG1615.png

I open this ticket , and the last reply is me, not the 11hour ago , but 17+ hours ago of mine

WechatIMG1616.png

2bd49bb6
Community Member

It's been another 24 hours now and still no one has helped my account to set the verification name to Jianan Sun, it still shows that it needs to verify Jason Sun

Hi Jianan,

The team assigned to assist you regarding this matter is currently experiencing an unusually high volume of inquiries, causing delays in their response time. Nevertheless, we want you to know that your concerns and questions remain our top priority. We’re working hard to get back to you as soon as possible.

To help us provide the best possible service, we kindly ask that you refrain from creating multiple tickets or posts about the same issue. This will enable our team to assist you more efficiently and get you the best possible outcome faster. Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.

~ AJ
Upwork
akrambenh
Community Member

I have my friend new in upwork 

He created an account and try to buy some connects and he used a credit card of his friend,at the mean time upwork ask for id verification,but when he fill the form with a copy of his passeport upwork buy default put the name of his friend because we tryed to buy connects with it so each time he try to validate upwork respond unsuccessfully

Can you help please

Hi Benhassine,

I'm afraid we can't share details of another user's account for privacy reasons. Please advise your friend to get in touch with us directly for assistance. Here's how they can reach a human in customer support:

1. Select Get Support at the bottom of this or any Help Center page
  2. Type a question or topic and select "Send." The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you'll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support."
  4. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided
~ Luiggi
Upwork
4f92a5e0
Community Member

Hello I hope you are well.
I want to verify my Upwork account to have a better chance of getting my first client and the option does not appear nor do I have any notification to do so. Could you help me?. Thank you so much

Hi Jorge,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
4f92a5e0
Community Member

Thank you very much for the information!

9ed3e534
Community Member

Basically My account got blocked without any reason and now I got mail you have 7 days to do ID government verification But I applied for ID Card and it will come after 20 Days can you extend the time of verification please.

Hi Shoaib,

I am sorry to hear about the block placed on your account. I can see that you're already communicating with the relevant team via a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,
Pradeep

Upwork

Yes but they give me 7 days time for verification i need help in extend time 20 days

I am unable to extend the time for verification from my end. As you are already in touch with the concerned team, please ask them to assist you with this matter.

- Pradeep

Upwork
f5b7dec4
Community Member

Hi,

I recently got my first contract project and immediately asked to verify my ID. I did upload my passport and took a selfie as instructed. It looks like I am still awaiting approval but I need to withdraw my funds and apply for other projects. Could you please check the status of my verification?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Kubilay,

I see that the documents were uploaded earlier today. Please allow 1 business day for the team to review and update your account. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
d9605dcb
Community Member

Hello. I changed my name from Alia Khan to Alia Asghar as it is the same name on my id card. But the name is updated on my profile but when I try adding id card for verification it is showing old name Alia Khan instead of Alia Asghar. Hence verification is unsuccessful . Please help. I am in contact with potential client I don’t want to loose my account.

Hi Aliaa,

I can see that you're already communicating with the relevant team via a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,
Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you for your reply but this is the difficulty I am facing. I am not receiving any response yet and it has been more than 48 hours. My account is on hold while I am in touch with potential client. Can you please resolve my issue from your end? Thank you

6f2dc9aa
Community Member

How do you use 8-12 connects to bid for simple task you can get done in an hour or two for $5-10?

Just ridiculous!!!

12-16 now.

Saw only one for 8.

There are several task like that on upwork especially virtual assistance

e029d76e
Community Member

I have a pending issue ongoing and it concerns my location verification.

Currently in Budapest but I'm Ghanaian. I provided my Visa but was not accepted.
I wonder if my bank statement and apartment contract would be accepted.
I am renewing my residence permit and I have been given a paper one for the time being.
Can I present that too?

Hi Afrifa,

I see that the team has emailed you with more information about the status of your ID verification and further instructions on how to clear the issue. Please don't hesitate to coordinate by responding to the email so the team can assist you more efficiently. You may also access your ticket on this page for more details.

~ Arjay
Upwork
de223207
Community Member

Hi Arjay,

I have already completed my profile on Upwork, but I cannot see the option for identity verification, what should I do to ensure that my identity is properly verified and being able to access all of the features and benefits of the platform?

By the way, I also have certified, testimonials, and a good portfolio, please I need your help to fix my problem. Thanks

nirja_masalia
Community Member

I am waiting for the identity verification. I am not sure if the selfie i uploaded was correctly captured, also it does not give me an option to resubmit the photo. Just says the verification is in progress.

Awaiting response from the experts here

Hi Nirja,

I looked closer at your ID Verification status and can confirm that it's been verified. You can now see the ID Verified badge on your profile to validate the review taken on your account.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths