🐈
» Forums » Support » Identity Verification
Page options
Audun N Community Member

Identity Verification

Gov. ID was not approved, and yet it worked on a different page.

Everything shows. It´s not a pristine picture, but everything´s perfectly legible. Not sure how I could take a better picture..

Is there a place I can send it for a personal verification ? 

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Ahmad,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

Freelancers requested to submit identification documents should submit any of the documents listed during the verification process. Note that the list is different for each country.

If you do not have any documents from the list, you can submit a different government-issued ID, ensuring it’s unexpired and valid. This will trigger a manual review process. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria. 

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update:

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

- Pradeep

View solution in original post

2,538 REPLIES 2,538
Ahmed K Community Member

Hi Joanne,

I have tried again today several times but the problem still exists. 

I have tried with the valid document but it says "try with valid document", I am attaching screenshot of problem.

Regards.

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Ahmed,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page. Please consider following up on the ticket so that our team can assist you further.

~ Nikola
Muhammad Hamza I Community Member

Hi! Upwork Team,

My problem is that I'm still not getting the identity verification option even though i've made my profile 100% completed. Please let m know why this option is not available yet and what's the problem with my profile. I'm waiting for your response thankyou.

Muhammad Hamza

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Muhammad Hamza,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Kynthia D Community Member

Hello!

I have been having the same issue as everyone here if you could please step in and help me like you did for some of these people I would greatly appreciate it. I got the prompt to verify my identity and tried multiple times but it keeps getting rejected. I opened a ticket with support and they told me my picture is too blurry. I have been going back and forth with them for a week now all the while trying to submit through the app, with them sharing best practices to take a picture and saying nonsensical things like don't crop your picture or make sure it is clear, which I have explained multiple times that I don't have any control over since the app decides when to take the photo and if it is good enough for it without ever showing it to me to decide. 

Can you please help me I am at my wits end

Al A Community Member

I successfully verified my identity on February 3rd, 2024. It's been almost two months, but I still haven't received my profile identity badge.

Joanne P Moderator

Al,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Al A Community Member

got it thanx for your information

Roman M Community Member

I can't identity verification my account.
I have a passport of a citizen of Ukraine and after uploading the photo I get the error “we could not recognize the document” although I am sure that the photo was taken correctly, clearly and it has all the information that is necessary. In addition to the address registration, which is on another page of the passport. But there is no way to attach additional information, because the verification process itself does not allow me to proceed further, what should I do?

Roman M Community Member

and the most interesting thing is that the upwork support is so cool that there is no way to create a request for help, it’s even tougher than Google....

Armghan A Community Member

you need to post it on the right forum which is the "support forum" and why dont you try your country national identity card, i think its better than passport, if you find this information usefull, please click on "mark as solution"

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Roman,

Could you please try again using a different browser or after clearing your cache and cookies? You can go here to complete the ID verification process. 

Freelancers requested to submit identification documents should submit any of the documents listed during the verification process. Note that the list is different for each country.

If you do not have any documents from the list, you can submit a different government-issued photo ID, ensuring it’s unexpired and valid. This will trigger a manual review process.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Abdul A Community Member

I have uploaded my gov id for the verification but still it's not verified. Please help me to verify my account. I am not able to submit any bid.

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Abdul,

I see that you've raised a support ticket about your account status concern. Please allow our team time, and you will get an update on this page with further assistance once your account is thoroughly reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Umar U Community Member

I am trying to verify account but Upwork does not recognize the ID and selfie I submitted again and again but still issue is still there..please help to sought out this.

Edwin O Community Member

If you are having trouble with your account verification, the best option would be to contact Upwork customer support for assistance. They will be able to provide further guidance and troubleshoot the issue for you. You can contact them through their website or app.

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Umar,

I have checked with our verification team, and I'd like to confirm that the badge has been added to your profile already. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Irina S Community Member

Hi. I see so many comments on social media that many freelancers have been restricted from accessing their accounts and asked for re-verification. the freelancers provided all the documents, but they got a message that they have a fake ID and their accounts were blocked permanently.
Can you tell me what is going on with Upwork's verification system? Is this some kind of bug or a new separation of people by passport? Please explain the reason why Upwork verification system is massively accusing people of fake IDs.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Natalia C Community Member

I got the same notice! This is unacceptable, my passport cannot be fake. I have crossed the state borders with it many times and received a visa.

Irina S Community Member

It's a very strange situation. I see from new comments that the number of blocked freelancers is increasing every day. And they all have the same reason. Fake passport. The situation seems to be out of control.

Keleesha C Community Member

Hi there please can someone help me with Identity verification. I have tried 7 times so far and I am not getting a code send to my mobile. After clicking start it send a message to my mobile but its the same message for Idenitity verification. Please can someone help.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Keleesha Chetty
Nikola S Moderator

Hi Keleesha,

I would be happy to help. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Keleesha C Community Member

Thank you

Keleesha Chetty
Shaik S Community Member

I created account  on upwork  in 2022 but I don't  no how to verify  my account  

Can check  and verify  my account  and how can I get blue check mark on my profile 

Mohamed A Community Member

I already finished my identity verification steps and my account was verified but after I tried linking my bank account the account needed verification again.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths