🐈
» Forums » Support » Know Your Customer
Page options
d277beaa
Community Member

Know Your Customer

Hi all, I recently created an agency account. I haven't added anybody, but as soon as I created it, I am being shown this notification.
'''
We are completing a Know Your Customer review of your account. This process should be completed within 24 to 48 hours. If the hold on your account is not removed within 48 hours, please contact Upwork Customer Support.

'''

So, kindly help me with this.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Khurram, 

I want to confirm that we have several verification processes. This helps us confirm that a user's identity is legitimate and they are who they say they are, which keeps the marketplace safe from fraudulent users. 

On Upwork, users may be asked to verify their identities from time to time. In this case, the team is reviewing your account as part of our Know Your Customer (KYC) Identity Information process. Although it may seem that the methods are the same, they are for different purposes. 

If it has been more than 48-hours and your account is still being reviewed, you can come back here or contact the Customer Support Team directly to be assisted further. 
How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

610 REPLIES 610

Hi Ayoola,

I have followed up with the team handling your account and I am pleased to inform you that your account is restored now. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
2465b23c
Community Member

Hi everyone! 

I tried to pay for the contract that the freelancer sent me, but I face the problem using my payment method. 

I found the information, that I need to verify my account first. I received the message by Upwork with the link to the verification page, but it returned the 404 error page after clicking on it. 

So, I need to pay the freelancer, but first I need to verify my account, which is impossible. 

What can I do to solve this issue? 

Thanks a lot for your assitance,

All the best,

Daria

Hi Daria,

I looked closely at your account and confirmed that your account has been verified. You can now add a billing method and process a payment to your talent. Let us know if you need further assistnace.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Community Member

My account has been on hold for the last 15 days. My verification is almost completed and approved, but my account is still on hold. I haven't received any reply from Upwork. Please suggest a solution for this. Thank you.

Hi Muhammad,

I'm sorry about the delay in getting back to you. I've notified the team of your pending verification, and they've followed up with you via a support ticket to assist you further. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
c648251a
Community Member

Hi!
I hope it's going well. 

I am facing this issue because i added a friend's account by mistake as i was unaware of this policy. Kindly help me sort out the issue.

Error: Some of your services are temporarily on hold
We would love to get you up and running again on Upwork. But first, we need you to take a few minutes to verify your identity. Click “Get Started” below to begin or “Learn More” for details. Thank you! GET STARTED or LEARN MORE

Thanks

Hi Muhammad,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
873e6452
Community Member

I have rtried and tried and tried to the stupid app to take a photot of my licnece but it never does, i have tried my passport as well.  Seriosly I have neve had so many issues from a platform like this.

Hi Peter,

I am sorry to hear about the challenges faced by you while verifying your account. I see that one of our team members has already initiated a support ticket to notify you about the verification. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Upwork
7ec93e5e
Community Member

Hi

i am a client with some urgent work I would like to commission.  I signed to Upwork since Saturday and received messages to verify my identity.  I have taken a picture and uploaded my passport and residence ID at least 5 times but the process doesn't complete and cannot send messages or post jobs. It has been now about 48 hrs. This is getting pretty urgent now.   The message below continues to show.  Happy to do what it takes to solve it.  Appreciate any help.  

Thanks 

Jose 

Action required:
Verify your identity to build trust and connect with freelancers. Get started.

Hi Jose,

I am sorry to hear about the challenges while verifying your account. Please don't hesitate to follow up with the team directly on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here.  Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Upwork
e0f1ee64
Community Member

Hello Upwork support team

Around 5 days before i posted the problem i face regarding delayed identity verification; and i have been informed that my concern is forwarded to the upwork team. Right then i get a notification as some of my service are temporarily on hold and i have to verify my identity. Then I uploaded MY ID the same day i got the notification and i was informed as my id is being reviewed and the review process will be completed within one business day. But it have passed 3 days since i have submitted my ID but not any resonse yet. Its so frustrating that an international and well organized online platform like upwork takes more than 10 days to give a response for one clients identity verification issues.

I am appealing to get a solution again and again. Please take my concern seriously. Fore more i have attached a screenshot file here.

Hi Mohammed,

I sincerely apologize for the delay in processing your identity verification and the frustration it has caused you. I understand the importance of resolving this matter promptly, and we deeply regret any inconvenience you have experienced.

I can see that you're already communicating with the relevant team via a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Upwork
1e6534b6
Community Member

Hello, 

I'm new to Upwork. I just tried posting a job and got this message

"We're unable to post your job because your company has been suspended. Contact Upwork Support for more information"

Kindly help resolve this.

Thank you

Hi OluFunmi,

I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your account. I checked your account and it appears that this is a temporary restriction while we wait for you to verify your account. I can see that one of our team members has already notified you about the same via a support ticket. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Upwork
407c2080
Community Member

Upwork doesn't offer me a reason and didn't send me an email about it either. 

So I don't know what to do to unsuspend my account and post a job. 

Furthermore my freelancer account is still not verified

Hi Musaddiq,

I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your account. I checked your account and it appears that this is a temporary restriction while we wait for you to verify your account. One of our team members has already notified you about the same via a support ticket. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Upwork
235204d2
Community Member

Hello,

like many people since apparently 2020 I experience a problem hiring freelancers. After posting my job I could not message them (clicking "send message" simply does nothing) and I cannot hire them (hire button is greyed out).

I cleared my cache, updated my profile information with address, phone number and credit card and I tried a different browser. Problem persists.

[edited out my personal frustrations with the web-app, it doesn't really matter in the end]

@ the human customer support staff: I kindly request your assistance 🙂

Edit: Forgot to say that I also tried withdrawing the job offer to hire the freelancer directly. Does not work either: now the "hire" button is green but the cursor becomes a "forbidden sign" when hovering over it.

Hi Michael,

I am sorry to hear about your experience and how you feel about the same. I understand how important it is to have a smooth and efficient hiring process, and I'm here to assist you in resolving this issue.

I appreciate your efforts in troubleshooting the issue, including clearing your cache, updating your profile information, and trying a different browser. I checked your account and it appears that your account is due for verification. Due to this, your account has been limited. We have also indicated this through a message on the homepage of your Upwork account as seen here. Please click the Get started to proceed with the verification and follow the on-screen steps to upload your documents. Please allow 1-3 business days for the team to review and update your account after you upload your documents. If you have any further questions or need assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out. We're here to help.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hello Pradeep,

thank you for getting in touch with me so quickly.

The notification for verification specifically states that I should complete in order to "continue winning jobs". It appeared back when I considered freelancing. There is no apparent connection to me posting a job, which is why I ignored it. Upwork has verified my phone number AND my credit card. It is completely unreasonable to demand a government ID and pictures of myself when everyday companies are getting hacked and data is being leaked.

If verification with these privacy unfriendly steps is the only way to hire clients unfortunately I cannot proceed to use Upwork.

Kind regards,

Michael

Hi Michael,

My apologies if the message in the notification was confusing; we greatly appreciate your feedback, and I'll share this with the relevant team.

I want to clarify that this process also applies to your Client profile, as Pradeep shared above. We occasionally require customers to verify their identity and payment methods to ensure a safe and secure workplace. You can learn more about how we protect your private information in this article.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
bf1146d3
Community Member

Hey!

I recently created Upwork Client account and its show this message on top.

Screenshot 2024-05-01 at 16.17.18.png

 But when i click get started and scan in my mobile it open in browser same page there's no way to verify identity here.

Kindly help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks

Hi Ameer,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi Ameer,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
f401b344
Community Member

I am new to upwork and I was asked to verify my account and provide some ducuments which I provided. When I check in settings it shows my account is verified but there is still a hold on my accounts that prevents me from sending payment to people I want to hire

Hi Yahya,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
77e0cb74
Community Member

I'm reaching out because I'm encountering an issue with my Upwork account. Despite completing the ID verification process, my account remains on hold.

I've followed the instructions and submitted all necessary documents. However, it shows : 

77e0cb74_0-1715183360477.png

Some of your services are temporarily on hold.

We are completing a Know Your Customer review of your account. This process should be completed within 24 to 48 hours. If the hold on your account is not removed within 48 hours, please contact Upwork Customer Support.

Hi Muhammad,

I see that the team has responded to the support ticket you raised about your account concerns. Please visit your ticket on this page or your email for more details.

~ Arjay
Upwork
8657967a
Community Member

Hi all,

My account has been on hold for more than 3 days due to the KYC review. But I didn't receive any suspension email informing me about what I can do. I tried to contact the support, but it seems that it's just a chat bot without providing any effective solutions. It's so frustrating to find customer service on Upwork. 

I published an urgent job, and there are many proposals to review. But with the account restriction, I can do nothing. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks!

Hi Lincy,

Thank you for reaching out and I'm sorry if this caused any frustration. I see that you've recently raised a support ticket regarding your concern. As soon as the next available agent gets your ticket in their queue, they'll contact you to assist you further. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
9c7b7c10
Community Member

Some of your services are temporarily on hold

Recently, I created a client account on top of my freelancer account. However, when I try to add a billing method, I end up getting the following message:

"Some of your services are temporarily on hold.

We are completing a Know Your Customer review of your account. This process should be completed within 24 to 48 hours. If the hold on your account is not removed within 48 hours, please contact Upwork Customer Support."

Verification required again. Same you did before as freelancer.

Keep eye at your tickets.

Hi thanks for help
i have created client accont by mistake and put business info wrong and i am sorry for that i dont ant to continue it now cus it hurt my freelance account please help upwork is not responding from a week

Hi Waseem,

I notified the team working on your ticket, and they just shared an update with you. Please refer to your ticket for more information. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
12658b9f
Community Member

Hi upwork, I got an email saying your bank needs your government id and a bank statement. I just opened a bank account and I don't have a bank statement yet but I sent an internet bill statement named under my husband with our marriage certificate and my NBI clearance id but it was rejected. Please help 😭

Here's a revised version:

---

Hi April Norren B,

I wanted to clarify that if your account is under your name "April Norren B", then all the details will need to be provided using your name. If this isn't the case, unfortunately, nobody can assist with the bank statement. You'll need to carry out some transactions on your bank account and wait for 3 to 6 months to provide the required bank statement. Alternatively, you can reach out to the Upwork support team for further assistance.

Thank you.

27a6cb22
Community Member

I've got the same problem.  Stuck in identity review.  Could one of the moderators please check on this for me.  

Hi James,

I'm sorry to hear this is happening. Would you mind sharing more information about the issue you're encountering when you try verifying your account?

~ Luiggi
Upwork
725358ad
Community Member

Hello,

This issue has been going on for 3 days for me. I'm unable to withdraw funds and I believe its related to this banned, the CSR Rep dealing with my issue isn't responding since the first response. ( 2 days ago ). I'm stuck and I need to be able to withdraw my money. 

I need this to be sorted out quickly as I have an emergency and require the funds, help! 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths