🐈
» Forums » Support » How do I contact support on email?
Page options
40e41580
Community Member

How do I contact support on email?

Hi, 

I'm trying to reach out the support team on email at "support@upwork.com" but I'm reaceiving a email back "This email is no longer supported". I have a problem with Agency and want to inform.

Here is my upwork email address:**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Also I tried a lot of submitting a new ticket but no where I found the helpful article with clear steps.

Thanks,

Nikita

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Nikita B, 

I've escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

Thank you.

~ Bianca

View solution in original post

41 REPLIES 41
mattelamparo

Hi Nikita,

I appreciate you reaching out to us for help. As the reply you received said, the email is no longer supported. You may contact Upwork Support at https://support.upwork.com. As an alternative, I can escalate a ticket for you, if you wish.

~ Matt E

Hi Matt,

The URL which you shared I have gone through it before and didn't found it helpful. Also the chat bot repeat the same thing again and again which is neither a helpful. Sorry.

My issue is something different. I want to send one important email to support and from there I can take it. I cannot tell it here openly so. Please help me with the email address where I can send. 

You can create a ticket but it may take time or best way you or support directly can drop me a email and I can reply to that email and share the details.   I hope you have my email address.

Thanks,

Nikita.

Hi Nikita B, 

I've escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

Thank you.

~ Bianca
40e41580
Community Member

Thanks Bianca! Is the ticket created? Because still I haven't received any email. Please update me.

beebewill
Community Member

Hi Bianca, I´m having the same problem as Nikita. I spent almost one hour creating an application for the following job:

´Looking for a Scriptwriter for YouTube Channel´

Hourly - Intermediate - Est. Time: Less than 1 month, Less than 30 hrs/week - Posted 10 hours ago
Hello We are currently searching for an individual to write unique scripts for our soccer YouTube channel. For each video title we provide, we require scripts that are a minimum of 1850 words in length. These scripts must be free of copyright infringement and pass Copyscape with a 100% success rate. Our goal is to establish a long-term partnership with a qualified candidate. If you are interested in this opportunity, please let us know. We will provide you with samples of the various types of videos we are seeking, and we encourage you to share any scripts you have created for YouTube videos. Thank you for considering this opportunity. We hope to work with you in the future!´
Then I was told that this job is available by Invite Only, which isn´t possible as I found it on my normal job feed.
Thanks in advance for your kind help.
Sincerely, Will A. Beebe
cdd167ef
Community Member

Hello,

I am unable to purchase connects on my Upwork account. Whenever I click on the connects to purchase, it won't go through. Kindly help look into this and resolve it. 

Hi Peter,

I want to confirm if you see an error message when you attempt to purchase Connects. If you can also share a screenshot of how it appears on your end, that would help us in our investigation. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
29f4240d
Community Member

Hi, I have a similar issue unable to be addressed by the Upwork chatbot. I have a phone number from an old Upwork account tied to a Google account that has since been closed, and I need to transfer that phone number to a new Upwork account in order to activate it for freelancing. The chatbot did not have a create a support ticket issue, can I get a support ticket created from here?

Hi Ying, 

Please be aware that users are only allowed to have one account and having several violates Upwork's TOS. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist. Thank you for reaching out!

~ Arjay
Upwork
31f6986c
Community Member

Hi Ma B,

I have an issue with my profile beeing verified eventhough Ive submitted all the docs 2x.

Can you help?

LIbor

Hi Libor,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you on this page with more information and further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
4b0bd032
Community Member

Hello, 

I opened an upwork freelance account and it asks for identity verification, so through my phone I take a photo of my governmental id under the command of the upwork system, also I take a selfie photo as it requests. but after a while it displays the error  message on the top with this " Action Required: Verify your identity to continue winning jobs on Upwork. Get started." And when I try to do the identity verification process there is no way possible to do that because it shows me a caution on yellow circles and nothing else.

So please help me to verify my identity?
sarah3434
Community Member

hey i need support,  i worked on an hourly contract and i was supposed to get paid today for the work i did on april 21, 2024.  But today insted of getting payment a refund is being given to client . his payment method was unverified and now why am i not getting paid for the hours i logged into timesheet.

autumnsu
Community Member

Hi Bianca. I've got one payment issue (payment missing) and I've submitted a ticket in January but still no response now. There is no direct email address that I can contact. How can I do now?

Thanks for you help in advance.

Really?  Maybe you can show it in a picture?  Days of looking and Upwork had hidden its client support contacts exeedingly well.  Why?

Hello,

SETTING NEW SECURITY QUESTION AND ANSWER

I forgot my security question and answer and I want to customize my profile. Help me set a new security question and answer.

Thank you

Hi Matt. I've got one payment issue (payment missing) and I've submitted a ticket in January but still no response now. There is no direct email address that I can contact. How can I do now?

Thanks for you help in advance.

Hi, 
i want to remove jss effect of a contract on my profile. I tried to ask support agent on chat and they said there is a ticket which is already open and I have to close that first. That ticket is from months ago and I no longer active there. I want to close that and I mentioned it in that ticket many times but that ticket still open. Can you please help me getting that ticket closed and open new one?

Hello Usman,

I'm sorry if the message you received was confusing. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
f0eeff0f
Community Member

Hi Matt, I seriously need your help. 

I am new in this, recently opened my company's profile. However, I need to find talent and I cannot find the option "Find Freelancers" in my account. I tried putting the option "Talent" and searching by the title I need, but even though I get a lot of results, there's not a bottom to message or contact them. Either, I can't post any job anything about a project of mine that I need assistance for. How can I get somebody to fix this? This has been really complicated for me to understand for the last two weeks. 

Hello Appel T, 

I am happy to assist. First, please make sure that you have the right profile. If you have created a freelancer one, you may need to create a client profile (hiring account). You may follow the steps below: 

1. Go to Settings > Contact Info and scroll down to Additional accounts.
  2. Choose New Client Account.
  3. Once set up, use the account menu at the top-right of your screen to switch between using Upwork as a client, freelancer, or agency.

Once you successfully created your client profile, you may visit this link Find Talent – Upwork Customer Service & Support | Upwork Help

I hope that helps.  

~ Bianca
f0eeff0f
Community Member

Thank you, Bianca. Is there a reason why the dropdown lists I have to choose from in my profile information are unavailable? I'm editing my info but none of these sections works. Sorry to bother you often. 

Hello Appel T, 

Thank you for your response. 

Can you please try the following:

I hope this helps. 

Thank you, Appel T. 

•  
  •  

~ Bianca
zbr_alam
Community Member

Hi,

I am having an issue while adding connects and now I am seeing a banner on top with a message "Some of your services are temporarily on hold". I want to discuss my issue but I am not sure why Get Support keeps disconneting after sending couple of messages? Can someone tell me where should I send the email?

I think there should be an option to raise a support ticket at least. Could someone please assist me urgently?

zbr_alam
Community Member

Nevermind, a support request is already created.

754bc08a
Community Member

I have likewise come across the annoyance of obtaining help from Upwork. 😑
I have now wasted 45 minutes with the chat bot, which at the end promised me contact with your support, but then thankfully said goodbye with the following:

"At this time, your account doesn't meet the eligibility requirements for Agent-based Support."

Nor was it possible to find out from this bot why this is the case and what I could do about it....

My concern is that I applied for a job that apparently turned out to be a scam.
I would like to clarify with Upwork if this is really the case and get my Connects back if this turns out to be true.
How do I get help here?

Thanks for help in advance.

Hi Simon,

Thank you for reaching out and raising this query here in the Community. Yes! When a job is removed by Upwork or is canceled by a client, Connects used to apply for it is returned if no freelancer/s is hired on the job post. Job posts automatically expire after 30 days of inactivity on that job. Connects are not returned in that case.

You can go to Reports> Connects History to keep track of used and returned Connects and find more information here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
754bc08a
Community Member

Hi Arjay,

Thank you very much for your reply.
Indeed, I received a mail from Upwork earlier that the corresponding job was canceled and I will get the connects back.
That's good news.

However, 3 questions remain unanswered:

1) Why is my account not eligable to contact the support?
2) How do I fix this?
3.) If I don't want to rely on Upwork to detect these scam jobs on its own, how can I report such a job if it is no longer available online?

Thanks for help in advance.

- Simon

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Simon,

We value each member's journey and aim to provide the right level of support at every stage.  For personalized assistance, we invite members who have completed an Upwork Academy course or achieved a revenue milestone to reach out to our support agents. For others, our community forums are a wonderful resource for guidance and answers to common questions, and a moderator can help escalate your question if necessary. This approach ensures effective utilization of our support resources while fostering a collaborative and self-sufficient community environment. 

Regarding suspicious job posts, once the job post has been removed and is no longer available, this means that action has already been taken by our team. Should you encounter any suspicious activity from an account that is still active, you can flag it to us directly by following the steps found in this help article

Thank you for your understanding and active participation!

~Andrea
Upwork

I have removed my browser crash and tried many more times but the "Get Support" button not showing the Help and Support page. why it now showing please help me

Hi Mizanoor,

We value each member's journey and aim to provide the right level of support at every stage. For personalized assistance, we invite members who have completed an Upwork Academy course or achieved a revenue milestone to reach out to our support agents. For others, our community forums are an excellent resource for guidance and answers to common questions, and a moderator can help escalate your question if necessary. This approach ensures effective utilization of our support resources while fostering a collaborative and self-sufficient community environment.

If you have any questions or need assistance, please feel free to post them here. If private information is included, please click on my name to send me a PM.

Thank you for your understanding and active participation!

~ Joanne
Upwork
31f6986c
Community Member

Hi Arjay,

I have an issue with my profile beeing verified eventhough Ive submitted all the docs 2x.

Can you help?

LIbor

86645a68
Community Member

Hi,

We made an agency account a couple of days ago. Purchased the connects and just when I was about to send the proposal. I see a notification that your proposal won't be sent as your account has been suspended. I didn't even send a single proposal yet. Please guide me. I'm tired of the bot response.

Hi Mansi,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
9ca4e7be
Community Member

Luiggi! Please help me. Upwork's system to get help is horrible and i'm done with the circles the chatbot sends you on. I'm trying to contact support team to help with this issue please create a ticket for me. Thank you 🙂 I was told if I setup my financial info I would receive 50 free connects. I did not receive these. I was then told by the bot to wait 48 hrs but they were still not added to my account. thanks for the help in fixing this issue

28c6b710
Community Member

I'm having problems with the verification process. I've tried multiple official documents multiple times, saw all the requirements in the docs, and even added the billing information.

It always goes back to the screen to upload the documents again, and I don't get any feedback on the reason. I've triple-checked my info, as far as I know, it's all correct.

I've tried multiple conversations with the AI chatbot but even following all instructions provided and reading the docs, I didn't find a solution for this problem.

Can someone please help me with that? I'm unable to submit proposals because of it.

58b1b421
Community Member

Hi,

Can you help me get a real person to talk to about my concern? My concern is unique and can't be found in any of the ready resources. The chatbot is also not helpful at all. Hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you!

Hi Mary,

I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble reaching our support team via chatbot. Could you please share your questions so that one of our community members or Moderators can assist you on this forum? 

- Pradeep

Upwork

A client sent me an AnyHire offer but when I tried to view it, it was
giving me an error message. The client already tried contacting your
support team and he shared with me the instructions on how to troubleshoot
the issue. I did all of the steps but none worked. He was given the option
to have me contact you guys but when I used the email address in the email,
it led me nowhere.

Hope to hear from you soon.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths