🐈
» Forums » Support » Know Your Customer
Page options
d277beaa
Community Member

Know Your Customer

Hi all, I recently created an agency account. I haven't added anybody, but as soon as I created it, I am being shown this notification.
'''
We are completing a Know Your Customer review of your account. This process should be completed within 24 to 48 hours. If the hold on your account is not removed within 48 hours, please contact Upwork Customer Support.

'''

So, kindly help me with this.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Khurram, 

I want to confirm that we have several verification processes. This helps us confirm that a user's identity is legitimate and they are who they say they are, which keeps the marketplace safe from fraudulent users. 

On Upwork, users may be asked to verify their identities from time to time. In this case, the team is reviewing your account as part of our Know Your Customer (KYC) Identity Information process. Although it may seem that the methods are the same, they are for different purposes. 

If it has been more than 48-hours and your account is still being reviewed, you can come back here or contact the Customer Support Team directly to be assisted further. 
How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

671 REPLIES 671
8902e6f0
Community Member

Dear Upwork

To be honest it's been over 2 weeks starting from ID Verification to KYC,
KYC has been nearly a week. I feel truly let down and I let my customers
down as I could not make any progress whatsoever. The customers have paid
me but I can not assign work to freelancers who are on standby to do the
work.

If you kindly and urgently look at my KYC then I'd be grateful.

Kind regards

Abdul Malik
8902e6f0
Community Member

Hi All

Here I post with disheartend feeling although there are other platforms available and soon I'll be going to if my KYC issue is not sorted. It's been over 2 week it started with my ID Verification and moved on to KYC, I tried chat but a bot is in loopti loop and annoyed me to pit of hell, oh ! what a torment. I replied to the messages and recived and email saying we are looking into it and even replied to that email and let me tell you it's no better than the bot, so I'm in double hell. The sheer fustration is up to my neck and before I loose it I'm going other places. Upwork is not the only solution out there. There many if you just type in Upork or Fiverr like sites in google, then Google gives Freelancers, Bubty and many more. I'd really love if the CEO got sucked for giving this sort of fustration. I know you are going to come back with blah, blah... and justfiy but you're not seeing it from customers point of view, Customer is King as the saying goes, no customer no business, all kapish. I am a UK citizen lived all my life here I provided UK Full Valid Driving License and Utility Bill that took me to next level KYC, KYC wanted Emplyment History, So provided that too and was told 24 - 48 hours, but now it's been 48 million hours and no reply. Is every one Upthere in Upwork watching Netflix and eating Popcorns and taking an occasional peak by turning there eye with great efffort at there screen or something or probably playing Strip Poker. All this sweet talk above means I.ve had it with Upwork and there is nothing you can do to keep me, well you don't care Netflix people. Bye

Hi Abdul, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am sorry for the frustration this has caused. I checked and it looks like one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket. You can access your ticket on this pagePlease consider following up on the ticket so that our team can assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork
8bb0e187
Community Member

I am having serious issues with the "Know Your Customer" review process, which is burdensome and non-transparent.

I saw a notification on my account that this review was being conducted, but the information provided is very vague and unhelpful. It has been two days, but I have not received any links or prompts to upload required documents to verify my account/identity.

Meanwhile, I'm receiving repeated notices via email that my payments to my freelancers are being declined, and have gotten requests to update my payment information. However, there is nothing wrong with my payment info! The verification process is what's blocking my payments (this was not made clear until I chatted with a customer support agent). It is completely unfair to my freelancers that they cannot be paid while this process is ongoing. It is also really problematic that I am given no way to expedite it or even provide needed documents!

I am seeking suggestions on how to remedy this ASAP, as I have my own clients counting on me and have hard deadlines.

Hi JC, 

I am sorry to hear about the inconvenience this has caused. I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
ddefcd49
Community Member

Can anyone help me, please? I have the same issue as mentioned above: "some of the services are temporarily on hold," and it's been more than 48 hours already, but the prompt is still there. I tried to contact the customer service through chatbox, and I was told someone will reach out to me within 24 to 72 hours. I think that's too much time to wait. I have an urgent project which I need talent for, but I cannot proceed in making a contract because of this issue. Is there a customer service number I can call? 

ddefcd49_0-1718195674115.png

Hi Maestra,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may be causing you. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
ArjayM

Hi Monir,

I reached out directly to the team handling the review and they confirmed that it's been resolved. Your account has no restrictions and is now active. You're all set. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
21e0b7de
Community Member

Please can this issue be fixed? My account is still saying as blocked, but ID is now verified please help

Hi James,

We will look into this further and will get back to you once we have more information.

~Ivy
Upwork

Hi there, please keep me updated as I can't take any actions on my account in its current state thanks

Hello James,

Thank you for your patience. I'm happy to confirm that your account is no longer restricted and you should be able to use it again. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
npyt
Community Member

Same thing happend to my account;  they say that they sent an email, but theres no email in my inbox;  the chat bot keeps crashing   😞 ... weird after using the platform various years, thet suspend your account...

Hello Nico,

I'm sorry to learn this is happening to you as well. I see that you've recently raised a support ticket regarding your concern, and one of our agents has contacted you with more information. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
ced722ce
Community Member

I am new to Upwork and have been in the below status for few days now. I tried the support but it links to the forum every time. Would anyone assist on what I should be doing next? 

Some of your services are temporarily on hold.

We are completing a Know Your Customerreview of your account. This process should be completed within 24 to 48 hours. If the hold on your account is not removed within 48 hours, please contact Upwork Customer Support.

Hi Shu,

Thank you for your message. I have followed up with the team handling your request and I am pleased to inform you that your account has been restored now.

- Pradeep

Upwork
shopifyexperts8
Community Member

Correct name Is Muhammad Aftab which is showing on profile but when I go to I'd page for verification it shows Muhammad Ahsan

Hi Muhammad,

We can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further.

~ Joanne
Upwork

still not get solved 

marcelhamburg
Community Member

They say I need to contact support, but how? It's always a chatbot.

Hi Marcel,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
78a66bfb
Community Member

I've tried contact with a support team but is a mission impossible, wao what a terrible user experience, you only can chat with a bot that doesn't result anything.... 

Anyway, Could someone tell me how can I contact with the Upwork Support by mail ? 
I can't hire because my account is not reviewed by the team. The message tell me Concat with the team and there is impossible hahah 

48 just a cool digits, nothing else. Wait. You have no choice.

Hi Carlos, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am sorry for the inconvenience you experienced with contacting support. 

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

Additionally, to access our support services, it would be best to follow the steps below:

1. Navigate to the Help Center’s navigation bar and select the “Contact Support” option.
  2. Choose the “Chat with Upwork” option to initiate a conversation with our chatbot.
  3. Type in a question or topic and click “Send.” The chatbot will provide relevant articles related to your question.

We strongly encourage everyone to engage with the chatbot to access the available support options. Asking for assistance directly may not provide sufficient information for the chatbot to be able to assist you appropriately - for example, creating a ticket for you with the right team according to your concern.
~ Nikola
Upwork
andres_carrilloz
Community Member

Hi, Team. Thanks for your time.
I have verified on Upwork but I can't see verified badge on my profile.
Please let me know if you have any solution or reasons.

Regards!

Hi Andres,

I want to confirm that we have several verification processes. This helps us confirm that a user's identity is legitimate and they are who they say they are, which keeps the marketplace safe from fraudulent users. 

On Upwork, users may be asked to verify their identities from time to time. In this case, the team is reviewed your account as part of our Know Your Customer (KYC) Identity Information processAlthough it may seem that the methods are the same, they are for different purposes. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thanks for your update.
So you mean recent verification process I met is not for verified badge? If so, Please help me to get verified badge. I can't find other verification link or process on my account.
Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards!

f14899c1
Community Member

I tried to submit my govt Id as I am new on this platform and It's been more than 2 days since I submitted but didn't receive any confirmation.
How long will it take to verify my ID because I am unable to make a payment to buy connects.

Regards,

Abdul Aziz Masood

Hi Abdul,

I have followed up with the team handling your account. One of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hi, Thanks for your clarification. 
As I mentioned earlier, I still have not received any confirmation regarding ID verification.
As you mentioned the support link which does not show any tickets in my name.
Kindly solve this issue of ID verification as soon as possible.
Thanks

7e0f8ca0
Community Member

Hi. Hope all is well.

It's been more then 5-7 business days that my account is on hold due to KYC to verified by Upwork. 

I have submitted picture of my government issues ID Card. Still the prompt is not being removed from my profile.

I have tried calling on Upwork's number but it is an AI BOT, the same is on chat.

I would really appreciate Upworks response on timely basis

Hope to hear.

ThankYou!!

Hi Ahsan, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths