🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Make your profile public again
Page options
Waheed K Community Member

Locked Private Profile

Hi there, 
My account was kept private because of not earning until now. please help me in making it public.

thanks 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Jean Peter,

If you are a new freelancer and don't earn money on Upwork within 90 days of your first proposal, or you choose not to submit a proposal within your first 90 days, your profile will change to private. 

When your profile is set to private it is not shown in freelancer search results but rest assured, clients are still able to see your profile when you submit proposals!

You can request that your profile visibility is reset by clicking this link found in this help article.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

865 REPLIES 865
MD P Community Member

Hi, can you help please set my profile to public? please help 

ILLIACE Z Community Member

Hello MD P,
To make your account public please follow these instructions:
1. Log in to your Upwork account;
2. Click on your photo at the top;
3. Make your profile visible (Public) click online.
Thank you

Ahad J Community Member

Hi, thanks for posting question 

1) Go to profile setting

2) Make visibility public then your online status will be shown to everyone

Andrea G Community Manager

Hi MD,

Your profile visibility has been set back to public.

~Andrea
Stephanie G Community Member

Hi there! What do you guys think its the best option for reactivating your profile after a break from Upwork? I've been away for a while and now I'm not getting any leads and my profile is shown as not visible/private. 

what do you recommend? 

Thank you! 

Henrietta O Community Member

Same here, I emailed Upwork on that, andScreenshot 2022-10-06 112115.png

I got a response that I should start earning again to be able to go public once again.

Avery O Community Manager

Hi Henrietta, 

I’ve reset your profile visibility back to public.  Profiles of freelancers with a history of earnings on the platform will remain public unless they have not earned in more than 2 years while profiles of new freelancers who haven’t earned on Upwork will be set to private after 90 days. To avoid this, you can resume earnings on a new contract or upgrade your membership to the Plus plan. You can check out more info about this here.

~ Avery
Isatoye E Community Member

Go to support, explain why you were unavailable for a while, and let them know if you are ready to work on the account and promote the marketplace's integrity. After that, they will bring up some options, click on set your profile visibility, and click on read article, and you will be taken to another page. Scroll down to the bottom of the page to find a link to a GOOGLE CONSOLE SEARCH; click on it, then click on new request, and paste your account profile. I've tried it several times, and you definitely get what you want if you follow the procedure exactly.

Ammara M Community Member

Hi Stephanie!

Contact the customer support and ask them you were inactive for a few months but now you wanna work again on upwork. They’ll make it public. I have tried. My profile was private. I started applying to the job and I got a response so I contacted Customer support and ask him to make it public so that I could get more work.

Also, when you start sending proposals, your profile visibility will automatically be public. 

Hope it will work for you! 

Md. Mahib U Community Member

Hi Ammara, 

Can't thank you enough for sharing this piece of information. 

Thanin D Community Member

hi,

Got to contact with the Desk/ chat with them if you can't find that exact answer. 

Cody H Community Member

I realized that leaving Upwork for some time meant that I had to start from scratch with my bidding! My profile had a huge gap in work, and I wasn't getting any leads with the proposals I sent. I ended up lowering my rate drastically, and I'm slowly making my way back to where I was 4 years ago! 

Avery O Community Manager

Hi Stephanie, 

I set your profile visibility to public. You can check out more info about this here.

~ Avery
Stephanie G Community Member

Thank you! 

Muhammad S Community Member

Hi everyone, my profile is set to private due to no activity for few days. I've requested Upwork support to set it public many times and every time I receive an email that you request has been received and your profile will be public in 4 hours but nothing happened. I've submitted the request multiple times but nothing happens. Can everyone help on this? Private profile settings 

Hi Muhammad,

Your profile visibility has been set back to pubic.

~Andrea
Raoul Angelo C Community Member

Hello, my account has been seet to locked private. I've requested multiple times to reset it to public but it hasn't changed. I hope I can get help on this matter. Thanks!

Hi Raoul,

~Andrea
Maryrose Chinelo E Community Member

My profile is private, I want to make it public again @upwork

I am maryrose, a rockstar customer service representative.
RabI UL I Community Member

you open a ticket

Maryrose Chinelo E Community Member

I have done that yet, no solution 

I am maryrose, a rockstar customer service representative.

Hi Maryrose,

~Andrea
Nneka N Community Member

Hello, 

I noticed that my upwork profile is private. Please I would like it changed to public mode.

Thanks

Hi Nneka,

I checked and it looks like your profile is currently set to public!

~Andrea
resel F Community Member

Hey there,

Kindly check you profile information and billing requirements too. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths