🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Locked Private Profile
Page options
Abrar U Community Member

Locked Private Profile

Hi there, My account was kept private because of not earning until now. please help me in making it public. thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Nikola S Moderator

Hi Abrar,

If you are a new freelancer and don't earn money on Upwork within 90 days of your first proposal, or you choose not to submit a proposal within your first 90 days, your profile will change to private. 

When your profile is set to private it is not shown in freelancer search results but rest assured, clients are still able to see your profile when you submit proposals!

You can request that your profile visibility is reset by clicking this link found in this help article.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Nikola

View solution in original post

818 REPLIES 818
Sidra N Community Member

hi everyone ...can someone guide me regarding my profile settings, my profile is not showing publicly 

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Sidra,

Thank you for your message. I will be happy to assist you with setting your profile visibility to Public. Before I do that, could you please update your profile picture to display your real and easily verifiable picture that will clearly show your face.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Gaurav M Community Member

Hello Upwork Moderators,

Please change my profile from locked private to public as I am unable to change it from my profile settings.

Thank you,

Gaurav

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Gaurav,

I've reset your profile back to public as requested.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Christina I Community Member

Hello! My profile is now private, could you please change it to public?

Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi Christina,

Your profile visibility has been set to public. To manage your profile visibility in the future, you may follow the steps in this article, or click the "Reset My Profile Visibility" on this page

~ AJ
Upwork
Fatima A Community Member

Hello Nikalo S,

my upwork profile has been set private please make it public thank you!

Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi Fatima,

Your profile visibility has been set to public. To manage your profile visibility in the future, you may follow the steps in this article, or click the "Reset My Profile Visibility" on this page

~ AJ
Upwork
Fatima S Community Member

Hey Christina,

To modify your profile visibility from private to public, access the settings section on your profile. From there, you can make the desired adjustments to update your visibility settings. In case you do not find the option to change the visibility, I recommend reaching out to Upwork's support team. Their dedicated professionals will be able to assist you promptly, ensuring that your profile visibility is adjusted accordingly within 24 hours.

Ehtisham R Community Member

I was inactive due to some reasons from last 1 month. Due to inactivity my profile was set to private mode. Now i want to set my profile as public. How i can do that?

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Etisham,

Thank you for reaching out to us. As requested, I took the liberty of resetting your profile back to public.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Amir A Community Member

Hi there, My account was kept private. please help me in making it public. thanks

raiamir123_1-1688507177871.png

Fatima S Community Member

Hey Amir, you have the option to change it through editing and still it doesn't show then email upwork support within 24hrs they will change into public.

Munazza A Community Member

We set your profile to private because you haven't earned in a while. To reactivate your profile, apply to jobs and start earning.

Shahid A Community Member

When we stop bidding or working on this platform for a long time... algorithm considers the profile idle.

(meanwhile,  keep bidding and win the job) your profile status will be back to the public.

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Munazza,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your profile visibility has been set to Public now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Shahid A Community Member

that's why we appreciate the Upwork support team... Thanks, Pradeep H for your quick help to Munazza 

Maryam A Community Member

We set your profile to private because you haven't earned in a while. To reactivate your profile, apply to jobs and start earning. Please Help me

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Maryam,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your profile visibility is set to Public now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Md Forhad S Community Member

forhad_sarkar_md_0-1688634355270.png

What should I do ? If I go fo Plus memebrship will it be visible to others ? 

Elli A Community Member

just buy connects your profile will be public.

Md Forhad S Community Member

I have around 80 connects. 

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Md Forhad,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your profile visibility is set to Public now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Deborah A Community Member

I Want to make my upwork profile public

Sijo T Community Member

Once you start earning again on Upwork, your profile visibility will be automatically reset or you can ask us to reset it here at any time. Alternatively, you can subscribe to a Freelancer Plus membership to ensure that your profile visibility is never set to private.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths