🐈
» Forums » Support » Locked Private Profile
Page options
abrarul_haq47
Community Member

Locked Private Profile

Hi there, My account was kept private because of not earning until now. please help me in making it public. thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi Abrar,

If you are a new freelancer and don't earn money on Upwork within 90 days of your first proposal, or you choose not to submit a proposal within your first 90 days, your profile will change to private. 

When your profile is set to private it is not shown in freelancer search results but rest assured, clients are still able to see your profile when you submit proposals!

You can request that your profile visibility is reset by clicking this link found in this help article.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

818 REPLIES 818

Hi Rehan,

Your profile visibility has been reset. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
krehan76
Community Member

Thanks Luiggi for quick action.

db1f557c
Community Member

Hi my Upwork is on private profile can you set it on public? Thank you 

celgins
Community Member

Your profile is public; I can see it.

celgins_0-1689592780708.png

eb8f0d59
Community Member

Hello my profile has been on private for sometime now, can you help me change it to public please.

0cc4ed1c
Community Member

Hello, Can you please help me , my profile has been set to private,  please kindly make it public. 

Hi Nelum,

Your profile visibility has been set to public. To manage your profile visibility in the future, you may follow the steps in this article, or click the "Reset My Profile Visibility" on this page

~ AJ
Upwork
f5b342c9
Community Member

Dear Upwork support team, please help to get the release of my profile private to the public. Profile link as below.

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01e5f211c961882e7e

Hope I will get the solution soon.

Ferdous alam

chelseamp216
Community Member

Hi, my profile is locked. Can you unlock it for me?

Hi Chelsea,

I've reset your profile back to public as requested.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi Arjay,

How are you doing?

Need your help to reset my account.

It is showing that you cannot change the visibility of your account as it is set to private or unavailable. Can you please reset my account need search jobs.

Thanks

da1f0432
Community Member

Even with recent earnings, my Profile is still locked as private, what is the potential issue? I cannot select the public option

Hi Belinda,

Your profile visibility is set to Public now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
workaholicaa
Community Member

Hi there,

My account isn't showing public the visibility of this account is in private mode or showing unavailable.

Could you please help me reset the visibility of this account.

Thanks

Hello

If you have logged in after a long time, you might encounter this issue. I have personally experienced a similar problem, and I followed these steps to try and resolve it.

Place a bid on the project: you have to bid on  clients' projects, signifying your readiness and eagerness to take on upcoming assignments. 

Check Account Settings: Go to your Upwork account settings and ensure that your profile is set to "Public" instead of "Private." You can find this option in the privacy settings section. Make sure the visibility is set to "Public" to ensure your profile is visible to potential clients.

In addition also Contact Upwork Support: your profile is still not visible to the public, so it's best to reach out to Upwork Support for assistance. They can investigate the issue and help you resolve it.

817e3f94
Community Member

Dear Upwork Support Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to kindly request the change of my account settings from private to public for the Upwork community.

I understand the importance of privacy and security, and I initially set my account to private for personal reasons. However, after further consideration and understanding the benefits of a public profile, I would like to make my account accessible to the Upwork community.

The primary reasons for my request are as follows:

1. Enhanced Visibility: By making my profile public, I believe I can showcase my skills, experience, and work history more effectively, thus increasing my chances of connecting with potential clients and collaborators.

2. Networking Opportunities: A public profile will allow me to interact with other professionals on Upwork, fostering a stronger sense of community and potentially leading to valuable networking opportunities.

3. Increased Trust: By providing transparency through a public profile, potential clients can feel more confident about working with me, as they can review my credentials and client feedback.

4. Access to More Projects: Public profiles are more likely to be featured in search results and suggested projects, giving me access to a broader range of opportunities.

I am fully aware of the responsibility that comes with having a public profile, and I assure you that I will continue to uphold Upwork's community guidelines and maintain professionalism in all my interactions.

If there are any additional steps or information required from my end to facilitate this change, please do not hesitate to let me know. I appreciate your attention to this matter and thank you in advance for considering my request.

I look forward to having a public profile on Upwork and contributing positively to the Upwork community.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Sincerely,

username : Suneel Ahmed
email : **Edited for Community Guidelines**
url : https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01d9532109d673020e?viewMode=1

Hi Suneel,

We understand your concern and we truly appreciate you reaching out to us here in the Community. I've reset your profile back to public as requested. 

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi Arjay 

I am also waiting to see your reply that you have made my profile public bulecause it isn't allowing me to do that. Need your support to make it public kindly do the needful. It'd be a great help Thanks 

Hi Suresh,

Thank you for your message. I see that your profile visibility is already set to Public. You may want to update your profile picture to include a real and easily verifiable image.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
workaholicaa
Community Member

Hi Abrar, the given link isn't accessible for me it is asking me to contact help support.

I ve contacted Upwork moderator but haven't received any response yet

769f0af9
Community Member

Hello, I was temporarily offline for a while and recently logged in but I realized that my availability badge was off. I tried turning it on but received this prompt "You can't turn on this badge because your profile is set to private or unavailable". I need help setting my account back to public to turn my availability badge on. Please find a screenshot below.

Thank you

769f0af9_0-1689844581833.png

Untitled.pngHi Prosper. Please head over to your profile setting where you will find the option to make your profile visibility public.

Hi Prosper,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your profile visibility is set to Public now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
ehtasham_47
Community Member

Hi, I have been facing this issue my account visibility is private apart from that I cannot even use availablity badge even though I am active and applying for jobs and have completed 3 orders for a client too. Please check my issue.

Hi Muhammad,

Your profile visibility has been set to public. To manage your profile visibility in the future, you may follow the steps in this article, or click the "Reset My Profile Visibility" on this page

You may now turn on your Availability Badge.

~ AJ
Upwork
6059d321
Community Member

could you please make my profile public? it has been set to private.

Hello my account has been set to private, please make it public I shall be thankful

Hi Ali,

Thank you for reaching out. Your profile visibility has been successfully set to public.

~ AJ
Upwork
0b46c1a8
Community Member

hello there can you please set my profile to public, it has been set to private

Hi Rehan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I've set your profile back to public as requested.

~ Arjay
Upwork
24c2c7bb
Community Member

My account privacy visibility is showing locked. Please allow me to set it to public so people can view my profile 

Hi Hassan,

I've reset your profile back to public as requested.

~ Arjay
Upwork
talha_kiani
Community Member

Hi, My profile was previously set to private because i was not very active but now even after earning of using set profile to public on get support. Its not becoming public. I need help with this matter.

i have tried this link and it doesn't seem to work.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003975967?request=t_private_profile

Thank you

Hi Talha,

I'm sorry you were having trouble resetting your profile visibility. Your profile should now be public.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
dc85a074
Community Member

Hello Clark S 

Thanks for your reply

Can you please help me how can edit my profile as Public?

I don't know how to do public.

Hi Muhammad Usman,

I have reset your profile back to public as requested. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
fa2ea655
Community Member

I am relatively new to upwork and my profile turn on to invisible even if i want to be public i can not ASP.

Hi Biljana,

Your profile visibility has been updated. Please check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths