🐈
» Forums » Support » Locked Private Profile
Page options
Abrar U Community Member

Locked Private Profile

Hi there, My account was kept private because of not earning until now. please help me in making it public. thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Nikola S Moderator

Hi Abrar,

If you are a new freelancer and don't earn money on Upwork within 90 days of your first proposal, or you choose not to submit a proposal within your first 90 days, your profile will change to private. 

When your profile is set to private it is not shown in freelancer search results but rest assured, clients are still able to see your profile when you submit proposals!

You can request that your profile visibility is reset by clicking this link found in this help article.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Nikola

View solution in original post

818 REPLIES 818
Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Asma,

Your profile visibility has been reset. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Agatha O Community Member

Please make my profile public

youssef w Community Member

you can make your profile public through those steps

1- click on your photo

2-click on setting

3-down to the left click on (profile setting)

4-change the visibility into public

and if you have any technical problems contact the support team

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Agatha,

Your profile visibility has been reset.

~ Luiggi
Dairys A Community Member

Hello, could you please make my profile public?

Mary W Community Member

we are all freelancers. You need to contact customer service for this.

William T C Community Member

Dairys,

Go to Settings and change from Private to Public.

Here is an Upwork article with more information:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211060298-Set-Your-Profile-Visibility

Sophie A Community Member

If Upwork changed it because you did not earn or sent proposal in a while, you need to use the Reset My Profile Visibility.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003975967

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Dairys,

I've reset your profile visibility and it's now public. I recommend that you take a look at this help article for the reasons why it can be switched to private.

~ Luiggi
Rehaan K Community Member

Hi,

My profile has been set to private,  requesting to please make it public.

Thanks in advance.

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Rehan,

Your profile visibility has been reset. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Rehaan K Community Member

Thanks Luiggi for quick action.

Shara D Community Member

Hi my Upwork is on private profile can you set it on public? Thank you 

Clark S Community Member

Your profile is public; I can see it.

celgins_0-1689592780708.png

Valentine Chikwado E Community Member

Hello my profile has been on private for sometime now, can you help me change it to public please.

Nelum J Community Member

Hello, Can you please help me , my profile has been set to private,  please kindly make it public. 

Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi Nelum,

Your profile visibility has been set to public. To manage your profile visibility in the future, you may follow the steps in this article, or click the "Reset My Profile Visibility" on this page

~ AJ
Upwork
Ferdous A Community Member

Dear Upwork support team, please help to get the release of my profile private to the public. Profile link as below.

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01e5f211c961882e7e

Hope I will get the solution soon.

Ferdous alam

Chelsea R Community Member

Hi, my profile is locked. Can you unlock it for me?

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Chelsea,

I've reset your profile back to public as requested.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Suresh S Community Member

Hi Arjay,

How are you doing?

Need your help to reset my account.

It is showing that you cannot change the visibility of your account as it is set to private or unavailable. Can you please reset my account need search jobs.

Thanks

Belinda O Community Member

Even with recent earnings, my Profile is still locked as private, what is the potential issue? I cannot select the public option

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Belinda,

Your profile visibility is set to Public now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Suresh S Community Member

Hi there,

My account isn't showing public the visibility of this account is in private mode or showing unavailable.

Could you please help me reset the visibility of this account.

Thanks

Rafique H Community Member

Hello

If you have logged in after a long time, you might encounter this issue. I have personally experienced a similar problem, and I followed these steps to try and resolve it.

Place a bid on the project: you have to bid on  clients' projects, signifying your readiness and eagerness to take on upcoming assignments. 

Check Account Settings: Go to your Upwork account settings and ensure that your profile is set to "Public" instead of "Private." You can find this option in the privacy settings section. Make sure the visibility is set to "Public" to ensure your profile is visible to potential clients.

In addition also Contact Upwork Support: your profile is still not visible to the public, so it's best to reach out to Upwork Support for assistance. They can investigate the issue and help you resolve it.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths