๐Ÿˆ
ยป Forums ยป Support ยป Re: Missing pending payment
Page options
Patricia M Community Member

Missing pending payment

Hi. I'm currently having trouble figuring out why my pending payment suddenly disappeared? It now shows 0 and I'm getting anxious. I was supposed to get paid today since it's Wednesday. It was $104 an hour ago but not sure why it shows 0 now?

I checked the transcation history and it looks like it was okay all along? Need some help. Thanks in advance!

**edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi All,

Please know that this is related to the bug reported last week. Some funds that were supposed to become available today, Wednesday, 11 January UTC, became available to your accounts prematurely. So if you made a withdrawal earlier in the week or last week, you have already withdrawn your earnings for this week. We encourage you to check your Transaction History report for more details and the Weekly Billing Cycle to understand the timings of how your payments are processed.  

Some of you may have received notice of funds being available, but then felt confused when you see a $0.00 balance. The reason why it's now showing $0.00 is that the premature availability of funds caused your account to have a negative balance and since the issue has been fixed and your funds are now released, the negative balance has been paid off by the amount you have received. Simply put, the funds have been withdrawn earlier than expected, causing it to show $0.00 now. If you have not withdrawn anything in the past week, don't hesitate to contact our support team on this page.

Important Note:
In your Transaction History report  there will be two numbers in the Amount/Balance column for each transaction. The top number is the amount being credited (i.e. Hourly Payment) or debited (i.e. Service Fees or Withdrawals) to your account. The bottom number is the total balance on your account at that time. Credited amounts and positive balance will show without brackets while debited amounts and negative balance will show with brackets.

Many of you will notice that for your withdrawal transaction on January 2, the bottom number - which is the balance on your account at that time - would be negative and in brackets. That was because due to the bug the withdrawal was made prematurely before the funds actually became available. Since then, as the funds became available on your account they cover that negative balance.

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

120 REPLIES 120
Chamod F Community Member

Same issue I have. But upwork had refuse me because hourly contract protection. I don't know how to solve this. I got customer care support also got ticket. But nothing solved.

Muhammad T Community Member

They already swallow my $450 and again asking to return $450.  What's going on here, I am trying to withdraw my funds even I have contacted to support it's about to 2 weeks and problem still not resolved. 

RK Nadim K Community Member

• Assalamu Alaikum I am a data entry expert I am very expert in data entry or any type of data work if you want to do all this work then you can give me the work I will do the work for you with my three years of experience thank you
Sylvia H Community Member

Can you help me please....

I know you are saying that payments were release prematurely (a bug) but that did not happen to me I got my 1st payment then this (Ref ID: 544176429) was my second payment and it never went threw?  I also got a bonus payment and that went threw but this one (Ref ID: 544176429) did not yet? It shows $0 on my account still? 

Wondering what happen to this Jan 11th payment please... Ref ID 544176429

I submitted a support ticket days ago and still no answer its very important?!.......
I really need an answer to my support ticket on this issue please so I can pay bills!....
Support Ticket Requests #38548598

Thank you! ๐Ÿ™‚

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Sylvia,

I'm sorry that you haven't received an answer to your support ticket yet. I've followed up with the relevant team and can confirm that they have contacted you through your support ticket. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Luiggi
Chico M Community Member

Need help. PayPal refunded my payment to UpWork. But my Upwork balance shows $0.00. My money is gone? where is he? How do I get it back?

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Chico,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Luiggi
Arslan R Community Member

It sounds like you are having trouble with a missing pending payment on your Upwork account. This can be a frustrating issue, and I understand your concern.

Here are a few things you can try to resolve the issue:

1. Check the payment status: Log in to your Upwork account and go to the "Earnings" tab to check the status of your pending payment.

2. Check the transaction history: Go to the "Transaction History" tab to see if the payment has been processed. If the payment is still pending, it may be on hold due to a review or security check.

3. Check the contract's details: Make sure the contract is marked as "Completed" and the hours are approved by your client.

4. Check the payment method: Make sure that the payment method you have on file is correct and up to date.

5. Contact Upwork Support: If you still can't find the pending payment, please contact Upwork's support team for further assistance. They will be able to help you troubleshoot the issue and provide additional information on the status of your payment.

It's important to note that Upwork's support team is experiencing a high volume of requests due to the current situation, so the response time may be longer than usual.

Also, it's worth mentioning that in some cases the payment might have been delayed for security reasons, or the client might have held the payment.

Please keep in mind that you can always check the Upwork Help Center for more information about payments, and you can also check the email you used to register to Upwork as Upwork sends notifications about payments and other account-related activities.

Khoa Dang L Community Member

Hey guys, really need you guys to have a look at my issue here, currently, my lifetime billed and my total earnings just don't match. I have not received any funds from the 10th of Jan until now.

Joseph O Community Member

It is unbeleivable that UPWORK has no effective means of  contact.  They are not customer minded. no email address and phone number .  Too bad sorry.  Social media is good but it will do everything for you.

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Joseph,

A quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of the Upwork Help page. You will be asked what type of account you need help with and to describe your issue or questions. Please select the best option for your situation. If youโ€™d like to speak to an agent, you can request that via the chatbot. If you have some general questions about using Upwork or are looking for advice, feel free to post here in the Community.

~ Luiggi
Arpita P Community Member

Missing Payment Query

Dear Upwork Support Team,

I am writing to inquire about a payment that recently seems to have disappeared from my pending balance(on 10 January)  and I have not received any notification or explanation for this. I have not receive my money in my bank yet. Why?I have tried reaching out to the support team for assistance, but I have yet to receive a response.

I would greatly appreciate it if someone from the support team could look into this matter as soon as possible and provide me with an update on the status of my payment.

Thank you in advance for your help and cooperation.

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Arpita,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Arpita P Community Member

But 5days have passed!!

They didnโ€™t reply me and i didnโ€™t get my disappeared payment! 

Chika Ikenna U Community Member

I started and completed a job for a client and it shows that I was paid with bonus. But my transaction history shows that the payment was reversed. Please I need to know why the payment was reversed and if I have worked for nothing. This was my first contract here.

RE - MISSING PENDING PAYMENT 

Hi,  Please I have no missing pending payment in my account. The only pending payment is the abandoned uncompleted project by the Freelancer Mosin Pathan.  The agreed  date to complete the  project was September 2022 but Mosin repeatedly given various excuses and draged the project till January and Mosin reported was stuggling with the project. Mosin refused to turn up for meetings. All the application Mosin developed are not useable. Mosin fail to work by the contractual agreement and plan and pathern.  After all efforts  So I decided to terminate the contract as there is no progress on the project and decided to look for responsible freelacer who is willing to work by terms. Please feel free to advise me regarding the way forwsrd, It would be immensely appreciated. Thanks. 

Please do upwork has any contact detail and cutomer disputes line ?

David S Community Member

I'm having the legit same problem, On January 2nd they had disbursed money accidentally prematurely which was credited and skipped by Upwork in the billing cycle it should've been but now all my pending transactions that was due for this week has disappeared. After contacting and them explaining the issue on January 2nd that still doesn't account for the money that was missed last week. Upwork needs to rectify this for the community. If you're going to make changes to the production environment, at least make changes where the top earners on the platform aren't losing money/time on the platform. 

David B Community Member

my payment to my direct local bank has been processed since 9days now but it's yet to deliver in my bank

Himatlal P Community Member

The date of work is 28.10.022 not 28.1.022, see the attached scheen shot and give me all total avaialbel coins from this amount full. This request is accepted by you and some amount is adjusted by you. screenshot is also sent to you few days back. right now here that screen shot is not uploaded by your this section  

Mariquena A Community Member

I have some questions.

I have almost exhausted my connections.

But i can't have any response.

What is the reaon? What can I do for get task.

Thanks

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths