🐈
» Forums » Support » My Account was put on hold and it's been abou...
Page options
3fc92aba
Community Member

My Account was put on hold and it's been about more then 2 months already and no one is bothering.

I am writing to inform you that my account has been placed on hold and restricted for over 2 months now. Despite providing all the necessary details, the issue remains unresolved. I have followed up multiple times within a week, but they have not responded or provided any updates for weeks.

Their lack of concern is deeply frustrating, and it is now taking a toll on my mental health. I recently left my job with the intention of pursuing freelancing on Upwork full-time, but now I am faced with this account restriction.

I feel utterly helpless and frustrated. If anyone could offer assistance, it would be greatly appreciated. You can find the ticket link below, which allows anyone to see for themselves what the Upwork support team has been doing.
Ticket link: https://support.upwork.com/hc/requests/45394318
ID: #45394318

Furthermore, I have noticed a constant rotation of support members handling my case. This continuous changing of personnel has left me uncertain about the actions being taken and the intentions behind them.

14 REPLIES 14
lakhesar
Community Member

May I know the reason of account hold?

It has been alleged that I breached their terms and manipulated the review system, which is certainly not true. Furthermore, I have provided all the necessary information and they have acknowledged its accuracy. However, despite my repeated attempts to follow up, they have shown no interest in lifting the restriction or even responding to my inquiries.

Hi Aditya, please help with indulging other community members to this thread, The upwork support is getting worse day by day. They have crossed all the limit. It's been 2 months completed now and the ticket is still open.

3fc92aba
Community Member

Is there any upwork moderator who can help me with this?

NikolaS

Hi Tarun,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am sorry to hear this caused frustration and affected your health. I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

Edited to add information. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
3fc92aba
Community Member

Hello Nikola, I am still facing the same issue. Despite providing all necessary details and information, they have not provided any further evidence or proof of any violation I may have committed.

Now, they are stating that freelancers and clients are not allowed to work in the same co-working space and they will suspend my account on qhich i have worked very hard to build a reputation.

Is it my fault that I work in an IT hub within a government building where numerous other companies and IT professionals also work?

I am extremely frustrated with this situation and I am planning to escalate this matter on X (Twitter) by tagging Upwork officials and the CEO to share my experience.

Note: Today 2 months are completed.

Hi Tarun,

I checked your ticket and saw that you have already submitted a response to the team. Please allow them time to review; they will update you directly on the same ticket to assist further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
3fc92aba
Community Member

Hi Joanne, They are not solving the issue also the tickei is still open for about 2 months now. They are not bothered with it and take several days to revert back after snedmning nemrious follow ups and then they came up with nothing just irrerevant stuff to ask and then disaaper again. I have submitted all the nesessary information they asked and still they are gicing lame excuses. I am really fed up with your support team. I think I have to post all the things on X(Twitter) now and tag the managemnet including the CEO and stakeholders as well.

3fc92aba
Community Member

Hi Nikloa, The issue is still not resolved yet and they are still not bothering again. I kindly request you to check and ask them to expedite the process.

Else please could you connect me with some senior management over a call.

Otherwise I think that I have no other option to go to X- Twitter.

Thanks

Hi Tarun,

We've submitted a follow-up to the team handling your case, and they have confirmed that they will review and update you on your open ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
3fc92aba
Community Member

Hi Joanne, Let see when can i get a response from that, since their last treply i followed up with 2-3 time, but as i said earlier are not bothered. If they would have taken this matter seriously then the ticket shouldn't be open for 2 months. And I am the only one who get's effected with it.

I think they are genuinely stretches my patience now. Can cou you do one thing for me?

Please could you connect with with some senior management over a call or message. Or should I directly reach out to them on X.

3fc92aba
Community Member

Hi Joanne, 

I am reaching out to you for the final time to inform you that I have concluded my involvement with this matter. It appears that your support team has adopted a working style reminiscent of a government or court, displaying a lack of concern for various aspects. Consequently, I have decided to discontinue my association with Upwork.

I extend my best wishes to your support team in continuing to excel in these things. It is likely that other freelancers will follow suit and depart from your platform, much like myself.

Thank the for doing this to me, They were really great.

3fc92aba
Community Member

Hi Nikolas, Thanks for reverting back. But this is the concern that i has raised here that no one is following up nor sharing any update. I fed up with this now please check how many follow ups I have done.

3fc92aba
Community Member

Hello Nikola, I am still facing the same issue. Despite providing all necessary details and information, they have not provided any further evidence or proof of any violation I may have committed.

Now, they are stating that freelancers and clients are not allowed to work in the same co-working space and they will suspend my account on qhich i have worked very hard to build a reputation.

Is it my fault that I work in an IT hub within a government building where numerous other companies and IT professionals also work?

I am extremely frustrated with this situation and I am planning to escalate this matter on X (Twitter) by tagging Upwork officials and the CEO to share my experience.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths