🐈
» Forums » Support » My freelancer is no longer available on Up wo...
Page options
2b662572
Community Member

My freelancer is no longer available on Up work after receiving payment from escrow

I hired a freelancer from Pakistan who is no longer available on Upwork. As the project was a fixed price project, she asked me to pay in milestone via escrow. Later, she pushed me to release the payment, saying her team needs some cash to start working on promotions. I was stupid enough to believe her. The project was divided into 2 milestones. After I released 1 payment. I no longer find her on Up work. Her profile is not available. My project is not delivered. I feel I have been scammed. When I hired the freelancer she had a “Rising Talent” badge from Upwork, which gave me confidence to trust her. My $1000 gone… and after few futile  attempts of requesting a refund via Upwork, I am writing here to find help and find similar people who have been victims of this scam. 

1 REPLY 1
PradeepH

Hi Md Fahim,

I am sorry to hear about your experience with this freelancer. I checked your account and it looks like you are referring to an ended contract. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep 

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths