🐈
» Forums » Support » My payment got reversed on Upwork due to clie...
Page options
82c31eb5
Community Member

My payment got reversed on Upwork due to client

Hello, I hope you are doing great, I worked for a client and delivered work and got paid by the client via two projects.

1-2 days after that I received an email from Upwork that my account is on hold and they were asking about the details of the client and what work I did for the client.
I shared everything, including screenshots and chat history of the work done.
The Hold was removed then however the payment got reversed by Upwork. On my ticket generation, they said the payment was reversed by Upwork because that client account has done a fraudulent project.
Now I am very much mentally disturbed because of this, that I delivered my work and got paid and then Upwork took my payment.

What is my mistake if the clients have done the fraudulent project?

When I took the project it was payment verified and funds were deposited in escrow, even I have got full GitHub project to be installed and to be explained on his pc via anydesk, so he needed me (It was a legal python script that predict sports game winning rate) and on completion he paid and I had the funds, now I wanna know what is my mistake that Upwork took my payment?

Moreover, this first project was the one to which the client invited me and I accepted, I did not apply.

If all clients are trying like this, how freelancers will work with them? How we can guess all?

Even I insisted that I only take payment through Upwork (because it is secure), so he paid me on Upwork and rehired me again for the 2nd project, but after all, two projects were done, payment was reversed and this is what I get for following the policies.

At least should tell me why I was on hold and investigated, I did nothing wrong, in addition, I see "Recent Account Holds = 1" in my stats. I did nothing wrong and still, I have to face all these issues.

Let's assume that client has scammed me, then why should I get suspension and record the account hold number?

I am just the person whose money and efforts were damaged by the client in this case, I think it's not fair for me because my account has a recorded account hold number. Totally, I got 3 damages.

Upwork platform should be fair to resolve problems between true freelancers and bad clients if my client is the bad guy... this is a fair problem-solving method, I think so.
Please help me resolve this problem(Recent account hold number problem)

I will wait for good news.

Best regards.

Frederick.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
82c31eb5
Community Member

Oh.. sorry, guys, I have it resolved, sorry for the trouble.

Fair Upwork supports already removed the account hold number on my status page.

I just found out that I did not refresh the status page today, sorry again.

Thanks again for the fair problem method.

Frederick.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
82c31eb5
Community Member

Oh.. sorry, guys, I have it resolved, sorry for the trouble.

Fair Upwork supports already removed the account hold number on my status page.

I just found out that I did not refresh the status page today, sorry again.

Thanks again for the fair problem method.

Frederick.

82c31eb5
Community Member

I am sorry for disturbing you guys.

Just my one problem is that I lost my rising talent badge due to this.

Please anyone help me with this problem so that I can get back my rising talent badge on my profile page.

Really I got only all damages due to the bad client if he was really bad.

I hope fair Upwork support team resolves my concern.

Sincerely.

Frederick.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths