🐈
» Forums » Support » Not allowing to update timesheet manually
Page options
b6e1d3af
Community Member

Not allowing to update timesheet manually

I had started work 3 weeks back and I did not update timesheet but I had been working on the tasks assigned to me by Company. Now when I want t update I see that it is not allowing me update time for those days.

My client is fine with me for updating work in those days. Why is upwork restriting? I need to update any ways?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sreedhar, 

Manual time can be added to the current billing period before the Work Diary is locked and only for intervals that you have not already logged time in. The weekly billing period begins Monday at midnight UTC and ends Sunday at 23:59 UTC. This means that if you need to make changes to your Work Diary, you must do it before Sunday, 23:59 UTC, every week.

Let's use this week as an example. This week's billing cycle started on Monday, April 10, at 00:00 UTC. If you need to add manual time this week, you'll need to do it before the billing cycle ends on Sunday, April 16, 23:59 UTC. The billing cycle locks for this period (April 10-16) on Sunday, April 16, and you will not be able to edit your Work Diary once it locks. 

If you need to bill your client for previous weeks, it would be best to discuss this with them. I'd also like to add that manual time is not covered by Upwork Payment Protection, and it is in your best interest to use the Upwork Desktop App to track your time. 

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sreedhar, 

Manual time can be added to the current billing period before the Work Diary is locked and only for intervals that you have not already logged time in. The weekly billing period begins Monday at midnight UTC and ends Sunday at 23:59 UTC. This means that if you need to make changes to your Work Diary, you must do it before Sunday, 23:59 UTC, every week.

Let's use this week as an example. This week's billing cycle started on Monday, April 10, at 00:00 UTC. If you need to add manual time this week, you'll need to do it before the billing cycle ends on Sunday, April 16, 23:59 UTC. The billing cycle locks for this period (April 10-16) on Sunday, April 16, and you will not be able to edit your Work Diary once it locks. 

If you need to bill your client for previous weeks, it would be best to discuss this with them. I'd also like to add that manual time is not covered by Upwork Payment Protection, and it is in your best interest to use the Upwork Desktop App to track your time. 

~ Avery
Upwork
2728305e
Community Member

I currently have the same problem. This is the first time I work multiple weeks for a client through Upwork and now all those days from last week are locked?? I read on another thread someone suggests I should ask those days as a bonus to my employer as a solution. This is highly unporfessional as they cannot see your worked hours as they should.

Could you please provide an actual solution instead of me trying to come up with something with my employer??
What a strange limitation Upwork puts on timesheets..

You need to fix that or make the tools easier for situations like this!

Agreed! I have the same issue. Luckily my employer is understanding..

30b75b8c
Community Member

Hi Avery.

Actually, I get an email from Upwork every week saying "last chance to update last week's timesheet, up to noon on Monday". I always update my worksheet early in the morning on Monday, yet today it is not letting me do it.

b6e1d3af
Community Member

Understood Thanks

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths