🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Not received the first free 50 connects.
Page options
d38e3a8b
Community Member

50 free connects

I recently signed up as a new freelancer on Upwork and I am eager to start applying for jobs. However, I have noticed that I have not yet received the initial 50 connects that are typically provided to new freelancers to help them get started on the platform.

Could you please assist me in understanding why I have not received these connects? Is there an additional step I need to complete or a requirement I might have overlooked?

Thank you for your assistance.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

Upwork currently requires new freelancers to do one of two things before being able to submit a proposal for a job: subscribe to our Freelancer Plus membership plan for $20 USD a month, or purchase 100 Connects for $15 USD. After you fulfill this requirement you will also receive 50 free Connects to further help you get started on Upwork.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

822 REPLIES 822

Hi Hafsa,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will contact you.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Upwork has now changed its rules for giving free connects to new freelancers. If you don't buy 100 connects or subscribe to the Freelancer Plus, you will not get any connects. You will only get the 10 free monthly connects.

If you really want to succeed on upwork, forget about free connects. You have to buy them. Even with that, it is easy to get jobs. 

Hello Hafsa,

Upwork no longer give free connect to newbies rather, you have to buy some connect and after purchase 50 free connect will be added to the one you purchased. If you want to get more details go to membership and connect on your profile settings to see more details for yourself.

When i opened my account i did'nt get any connect until i purchashed and 50 free connect where added to my purchase.

a368a716
Community Member

Hello

Unable to get free connects after 48 hrs 

745b73ce
Community Member

I have opened a new up-work freelancing account but I still haven't accepted free connects to my account, it is zero, my connect history is also zero. I need help. 

Before you can get the free connects as a new freelancer, you have to buy 100 connects($15) or subscribe to their Freelancer Plus ($20) monthly. Your profile must be 100% completed as well

447c8804
Community Member

My friends told me upwork will give me free connects on account creation. I didn't receive it yet. I have checked community and it says it will take 48 hrs. But it has been more than that. So I would like to know if you guys can tell me if there is any free connects

Hi Aditya,

Upwork currently requires new freelancers to do one of two things before being able to submit a proposal for a job: subscribe to our Freelancer Plus membership plan for $20 USD a month, or purchase 100 Connects for $15 USD. After you fulfill this requirement you will also receive 50 free Connects to further help you get started on Upwork.

~ Joanne
Upwork
2e77e53e
Community Member

I didn't get my account opening 50 free connects. I need it to start working here. 

Hi Shahnaz Jahan,

~ Joanne
Upwork
3aa37f33
Community Member

I am new here on upwork and I have completed setting up my account except for the payment method which I suppose do not affect my account, but I have not given any free connects whatsoever please any body with help is appreciated 🙂 @https://www.upwork.com/nx/plans/membership/change-plan

Hello Kemal,

Upwork currently requires new freelancers to do one of two things before being able to submit a proposal for a job: subscribe to our Freelancer Plus membership plan for $20 USD a month, or purchase 100 Connects for $15 USD. After you fulfill this requirement you will also receive 50 free Connects to further help you get started on Upwork.
~ Luiggi
Upwork
59b770f8
Community Member

Dear LuiggiR,I already subscribed to freelancer membership plan. when I going through this way it asked me promo code but yet I am not received any promo code .so what shall I do now,please would you help me?

Hello Abdo,

The promo code field is optional; you do not need a promo code to buy Connects. I want to also clarify that we don't have any discount codes or promos available at the moment. Periodically, Upwork sends offers via email, at events, and through partnerships. To ensure you get the marketing emails, please ensure you've opted in to receive marketing emails in your notification settings. If you set up your notifications settings and don’t get any marketing emails, please contact the Upwork Support Team through this page.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Community Member

Hello, i have not received my free connects and wondering why?

celgins
Community Member

If you recently joined the site, Upwork now requires new freelancers to subscribe to Freelancer Plus for $20 USD/month or purchase 100 Connects for $15 USD to submit their first proposal. After you fulfill this requirement, you will also get the 50 free Connects that freelancers traditionally receive when signing up.

cfa64c1e
Community Member

Hi guys i'm new freelancer on upwork i recently joined this platform to provide my services

buy i noticed that i didn't received my connect yet can someone please tell me why i didn't received connects on my new account i already completed 40% of my profile 

When you buy your first 100 Connects for $15.00, you will receive your free 50 Connects along side it, to my understanding. Therefore you will have 150 Connects to start off with, but you do have to purchase Connects. This is if you had just created your account. I believe it advertises to you to buy 100 Connects, but you are able to purchase a less amount of Connects for less than $15.00.

Hi Ahmed,

Upwork currently requires new freelancers to do one of two things before being able to submit a proposal for a job: subscribe to our Freelancer Plus membership plan for $20 USD a month, or purchase 100 Connects for $15 USD. After you fulfill this requirement you will also receive 50 free Connects to further help you get started on Upwork.
~ Luiggi
Upwork

I am also new here
83ebfdcd
Community Member

I'm new to upwork and 48 hours has passed and I've still not received my free connects.

Will I not be able to get them?

Upwork has now changed its rules for getting free connects as a new freelancer. Before you can get the free 50 connects, You have to buy 100 connects ($15) or subscribe to their Freelancer Plus membership ($20) monthly. 

They're asking for a promo code to buy new connects, can I get the promo code please?

ea31d71a
Community Member

Hi I'm just new to upwork and it shows that I need to bid using connects but I don't received any free connects yet coz I saw that once you sign up you'll have a free connect

same problem here and I'm trying to contact the support but this not very unhelpful

8cec0977
Community Member

I made a new upwork account but I didn't got the free connects that I was supposed to get. 

I tried to contact the upwork support but that is just a unhelpul bot which is repeating the same solutions that have not worked for me. I have checked the billing history and their is no transaction as I didn't received anything.

I have read the upwrork article for connects

8cec0977_0-1718521974274.png

In my profile, it shows that I have freelancer basic plan and my current billing cycle  is 10th June, which according to the Upwork's own article I should receive on 10th June.

8cec0977_1-1718522052446.png

Now, its been a week. I still haven't received anything, as you can see in the below screenshot.

8cec0977_2-1718522188449.png

I hope I can get some solution.

Hi Priyanshu,

Upwork currently requires new freelancers to do one of two things before being able to submit a proposal for a job: subscribe to our Freelancer Plus membership plan for $20 USD a month, or purchase 100 Connects for $15 USD. After you fulfill this requirement you will also receive 50 free Connects and 10 monthly Connect at the start of each billing cycle to further help you get started on Upwork.

- Pradeep
Upwork
a6fc736b
Community Member

Hi, I'm new to upwork, they used to give free connects, isn't it now?

for 50 free connects you have to buy their memership plan for connects or you have to buy connects for 15 dollars in order to receive 50 free connects.

Okay, I got it. Thank you

14d82d64
Community Member

Dear Upwork Support,

I'm writing to follow up on my Upwork freelancer profile. I completed it several weeks ago and am eager to start working with clients. However, I haven't yet received confirmation that my profile has been reviewed and activated.

Additionally, I understand that new freelancers receive 50 free Connects to use when submitting proposals. I haven't seen these Connects credited to my account yet.

Would you be able to check the status of my profile review and confirm if I should have received Connects?

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Sincerely,

Hello Mohammadamin,

I can confirm that your account is already active. Additionally, Upwork currently requires new freelancers to do one of two things before being able to submit a proposal for a job: subscribe to our Freelancer Plus membership plan for $20 USD a month, or purchase 100 Connects for $15 USD. After you fulfill this requirement you will also receive 50 free Connects to further help you get started on Upwork.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
14c03bec
Community Member

I have app work account since 4 to 5 days but still not able to connect why ? Will I receive the bill after the due date?

Please clarify more your query.

Hi Shakilur,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
b1ac7e71
Community Member

Hey i created my account for almost 2 weeks and i heared that we get about 50 free connections at the start but i didn't get any 
looking forward for your support

celgins
Community Member

Upwork now requires new freelancers to subscribe to Freelancer Plus for $20 USD/month or purchase 100 Connects for $15 USD to submit their first proposal. After you fulfill this requirement, you will also get the 50 free Connects that freelancers traditionally receive when signing up.

a2314912
Community Member

I am a newbie and signed up for Upwork(as freelancer). I have completed my profile 100%, but I still have not received free connects.

Hi same with me. I didn't even get a confirmation mail from upwork 

celgins
Community Member

Upwork now requires new freelancers to subscribe to Freelancer Plus for $20 USD/month or purchase 100 Connects for $15 USD to submit their first proposal. After you fulfill this requirement, you will also get the 50 free Connects that freelancers traditionally receive when signing up.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths