🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Free connects
Page options
d38e3a8b
Community Member

50 free connects

I recently signed up as a new freelancer on Upwork and I am eager to start applying for jobs. However, I have noticed that I have not yet received the initial 50 connects that are typically provided to new freelancers to help them get started on the platform.

Could you please assist me in understanding why I have not received these connects? Is there an additional step I need to complete or a requirement I might have overlooked?

Thank you for your assistance.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

Upwork currently requires new freelancers to do one of two things before being able to submit a proposal for a job: subscribe to our Freelancer Plus membership plan for $20 USD a month, or purchase 100 Connects for $15 USD. After you fulfill this requirement you will also receive 50 free Connects to further help you get started on Upwork.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

926 REPLIES 926
7ac0252d
Community Member

Your work is great

b09d2dce
Community Member

Hello,

I did not get free connects after creating my account. I have already checked my connects balance, it is still 0.

It has been more than 48 hours since I signed up, can You please provide some assistance for this, thank You

Hi,

I’m experiencing the same problem. I didn’t receive any free connects after creating my account either, and my balance is still at 0 even after 48 hours. Could someone please look into this for us? Thank you!

c83ff3f6
Community Member

Hi there,
I am Ajay Biswas, I am a new freelancer at Upwork. I created a new account on Upwork on 8th June 2024 and completed 100%, but after 4 days passed, I didn't get any free Connects. I want to work on Upwork. I request your cooperation so that I can get free Connects.
Regards,
Ajay

Hello Mr. Ajay,

Upwork has now changed the policy for the initial connects. To submit a proposal for a job, you can either go for Freelancer Plus membership plan for 20 USD a month or purchase 100 connects for 15 USD. After this, you will get free 50 connects from Upwork. 

cce77c8d
Community Member

Where is my free connect? I should have free connects when you are new to upwork. My friend, when she started in upwork she received free connects and did not need to purchase any new connects. 

Hi Jardine Lyn,

Upwork currently requires new freelancers to do one of two things before being able to submit a proposal for a job: subscribe to our Freelancer Plus membership plan for $20 USD a month, or purchase 100 Connects for $15 USD. After you fulfill this requirement you will also receive 50 free Connects to further help you get started on Upwork.

~ Joanne
Upwork
909b04b7
Community Member

Hello there,
I have created an account a few days ago and I still haven't received 50 free connects yet. Please help me out!

Sincerely,

Mohsen Kazemi

Who says Upwork gives 50 free connects as soon as you create an account here?

Go through how Upwork is functioning and search about it by yourself here

alabajames
Community Member

Hello team,

Landing their first job has been challenging for freelancers, especially new ones on Upwork. At the same time, the existing and high-profile talents are potentially losing more value than they are getting. Apart from the increasing cost of connects, the introduction of the proposal-boosting connects sucks more money from talents. The latest one is the most outrageous one: talents have to use 'connects' to respond to invites. I find this extremely unfriendly and unhelpful. 

May I appeal that the Upwok team review these new upgrades to help mitigate the cost of getting gigs? This way, new and existing talents can get value for the mostly under-priced work that they do. 

100% agree

5fa5f1ca
Community Member

Still haven't recieved the new member credit connects its been 3 days while i created my profile while my friend recieved it in 48 hours. Any solution and how do i can get these connects.

c8ad352d
Community Member

Dear Upwork Support Team!

I am new for the platform ,however i set my profile 100%. But i didnt recive my free connect even if i set my profile two weeks ago?

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I look forward to your response in resolving this issue.

Hi Kidist,

Upwork currently requires new freelancers to do one of two things before being able to submit a proposal for a job: subscribe to our Freelancer Plus membership plan for $20 USD a month, or purchase 100 Connects for $15 USD. After you fulfill this requirement you will also receive 50 free Connects to further help you get started on Upwork.

- Pradeep
Upwork
1ad66281
Community Member

I created this account on 11th June, 2024.Also added Payment method.Still I didn't receive my free connects.

Hello Pooja,

Upwork no longer give free connect, you have to purchase some connect then 50 free connect will be added to your purchase. If you want to know more about connect I suggest you write their customer support to get more details for yourself.

When I opened my account I didn't get any connect until I purchased and 50 free connect was added to my purchase.

107f3b8a
Community Member

Hello

Upwork team i am very glad to able to say.I have account for more than one month but now I don't get any connect?

I am not getting any connect?

Please Help me start my new job.Please!

Hafsa

If you want connects, you have to buy them. For new freelancers, you can only get free 50 connects only after buying 100 connects ($15) or after subscribing to the Freelancer Plus. 

But this is my new account.I didn't get any connection from the first time.I also talked to Upwork community but nothing worked.

Please help me

Hi Hafsa,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will contact you.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Upwork has now changed its rules for giving free connects to new freelancers. If you don't buy 100 connects or subscribe to the Freelancer Plus, you will not get any connects. You will only get the 10 free monthly connects.

If you really want to succeed on upwork, forget about free connects. You have to buy them. Even with that, it is easy to get jobs. 

Hello Hafsa,

Upwork no longer give free connect to newbies rather, you have to buy some connect and after purchase 50 free connect will be added to the one you purchased. If you want to get more details go to membership and connect on your profile settings to see more details for yourself.

When i opened my account i did'nt get any connect until i purchashed and 50 free connect where added to my purchase.

a368a716
Community Member

Hello

Unable to get free connects after 48 hrs 

745b73ce
Community Member

I have opened a new up-work freelancing account but I still haven't accepted free connects to my account, it is zero, my connect history is also zero. I need help. 

Before you can get the free connects as a new freelancer, you have to buy 100 connects($15) or subscribe to their Freelancer Plus ($20) monthly. Your profile must be 100% completed as well

447c8804
Community Member

My friends told me upwork will give me free connects on account creation. I didn't receive it yet. I have checked community and it says it will take 48 hrs. But it has been more than that. So I would like to know if you guys can tell me if there is any free connects

Hi Aditya,

~ Joanne
Upwork
2e77e53e
Community Member

I didn't get my account opening 50 free connects. I need it to start working here. 

Hi Shahnaz Jahan,

~ Joanne
Upwork
3aa37f33
Community Member

I am new here on upwork and I have completed setting up my account except for the payment method which I suppose do not affect my account, but I have not given any free connects whatsoever please any body with help is appreciated 🙂 @https://www.upwork.com/nx/plans/membership/change-plan

Hello Kemal,

Upwork currently requires new freelancers to do one of two things before being able to submit a proposal for a job: subscribe to our Freelancer Plus membership plan for $20 USD a month, or purchase 100 Connects for $15 USD. After you fulfill this requirement you will also receive 50 free Connects to further help you get started on Upwork.
~ Luiggi
Upwork
59b770f8
Community Member

Dear LuiggiR,I already subscribed to freelancer membership plan. when I going through this way it asked me promo code but yet I am not received any promo code .so what shall I do now,please would you help me?

Hello Abdo,

The promo code field is optional; you do not need a promo code to buy Connects. I want to also clarify that we don't have any discount codes or promos available at the moment. Periodically, Upwork sends offers via email, at events, and through partnerships. To ensure you get the marketing emails, please ensure you've opted in to receive marketing emails in your notification settings. If you set up your notifications settings and don’t get any marketing emails, please contact the Upwork Support Team through this page.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Community Member

Hello, i have not received my free connects and wondering why?

celgins
Community Member

If you recently joined the site, Upwork now requires new freelancers to subscribe to Freelancer Plus for $20 USD/month or purchase 100 Connects for $15 USD to submit their first proposal. After you fulfill this requirement, you will also get the 50 free Connects that freelancers traditionally receive when signing up.

cfa64c1e
Community Member

Hi guys i'm new freelancer on upwork i recently joined this platform to provide my services

buy i noticed that i didn't received my connect yet can someone please tell me why i didn't received connects on my new account i already completed 40% of my profile 

When you buy your first 100 Connects for $15.00, you will receive your free 50 Connects along side it, to my understanding. Therefore you will have 150 Connects to start off with, but you do have to purchase Connects. This is if you had just created your account. I believe it advertises to you to buy 100 Connects, but you are able to purchase a less amount of Connects for less than $15.00.

Hi Ahmed,

~ Luiggi
Upwork

I am also new here
83ebfdcd
Community Member

I'm new to upwork and 48 hours has passed and I've still not received my free connects.

Will I not be able to get them?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths