🐈
» Forums » Support » PAN card for location verification
Page options
abd15a0c
Community Member

PAN card for location verification

Hello,

I just got a notification to verify my location. I dont have any recent utility bills/receipts or any other acceptable documents as specified. I had a college receipt a few days ago. Unfortunately I threw it away. So my question is, can I use my PAN card for location verification?

And what happens if I don't verify my location? Will I not be able to apply to jobs that are location specific?

3 REPLIES 3
ArjayM

Hi Bibek,

I have escalated your request to the team and one of the members will reach out to you with assistance on how to proceed with the location verification. We routinely ask freelancers and clients to verify their identities to help keep Upwork a safe place for you to do business. You will need to scan two documents in order to verify your identity. If you failed to verify your identity, your account may be placed on a temporary hold. Don't worry, this is why we have our support team to assist users accordingly. You can access your support ticket here or your email for updates.

~ Arjay
Upwork
abd15a0c
Community Member

Hello Arjay,

Thank you for your response. I already did identity verification at the start and at that time, I was not asked to verify my location. On my "identity verification" option, it shows that my Identity has been verified and only the location needs to be verified now. I uploaded photo of my pan card which was scanned through my phone using an app. I can upload another image of my pan card immediately if the scanned photo is not acceptable. 

And another thing is that, currently I am living away from my hometown so I uploaded my current address on upwork. But my PAN card has the address of my hometown/permanent address. Will that cause an issue during location verification?

Hi Bibek,

Thank you for your message. I see that you are already communicating with the relevant team via a support ticket here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on your support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths