🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: I have withdrawal from my checking accoun...
Page options
2e750978
Community Member

Payment Method Inactive !

Hello ! It's been five days since i added payment method to local bank. But it's still inactiave. No Response or Verification email from upwork.Can you please tell me how long it will take to active ?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Zaki,

If your payment method is inactive, it can be because of one or both of the following reasons:

It was added in the last three days: For security reasons, any new payment method will become active in three days. 

You need to provide your tax information: In order to access their funds, all freelancers who are U.S persons should file a Form W-9 with Upwork. You sign electronically by submitting the form.

If you’re not a U.S.taxpayer you’ll need to file a Form W-8BEN instead. The Form W-8BEN is a form used to confirm you’re not a U.S. taxpayer and that Upwork is not required to withhold taxes from your earnings. Tip: You can use your own legal name as it appears in your passport or other official documents.

Update:

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

861 REPLIES 861
ArjayM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Lim,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you on this page with more information and further assistance in completing your Tax Information.

~ Arjay
Upwork
6280c79b
Community Member

Greetings! This is Ayesha, and I hope you all are doing great. Since it is my begining of the journey as a freelancer, I'm still learning and don't know usual formalities much. So, it came across my understanding while setting up the "get paid" option that I needed to have my "verified name" same as my bank account name. Since my name is pretty big (Ayesha Afrin Amina Anika), I've always introduced myself with my first two names, instead of four; and I did the same thing while setting up my account in upwork. Even though I tried changing my name into my full fledged one, but it appears that the "verified name" won't change along side my profile name. 

Is there someone who can assist me with this partcular problem? Thank you!

I'm glad you found the suggestions helpful. Remember, persistence and clear communication are key when dealing with support teams. If you continue to experience difficulties, don't hesitate to escalate the issue or seek additional assistance through Upwork's channels. I hope your situation gets resolved promptly, and you can smoothly proceed with your freelancing activities. If you have any more questions or need further advice, feel free to ask.

ArjayM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Ayesha Afrin,

Thank you for reaching out and I'm sorry for now being able to get back to you sooner on this query. However, I can confirm that name on your account has been verified. You can now proceed to complete the W-8BEN form found in the Tax Information section of your settings to activate your payment method. 

The Form W-8BEN is a form used to confirm you’re not a U.S. taxpayer and that Upwork is not required to withhold taxes from your earnings. Without completing this form, you will not be able to withdraw your funds. Let us know if you need further assistance; we'll look further into that for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
c5d9fb77
Community Member

Completed Taxpayer Adress,Identification and Tax Number
6280c79b
Community Member

Hello Arjay,

Greetings. Thank you very much for all the clarification. Actually, I'm an undergraduate from Bangladesh; thus, I don't pay any tax nor do I have a TIN number of my own. May I please know what to do in this circumstances? TIA.

3b12e1de
Community Member

Hello, Upwork community,

Help me with an issue, please.

I added the Payoneer payment method 8 day ago. My payoneer card is now marked as 'inactive' in the 'Get Paid' section. 

Hi Shams,

I see that your payment method is already approved. Please complete the Tax Information page to activate your payment method.

- Pradeep

Upwork

I can not complete form W-8BEN or W-8BEN-E .Becouse i have not a tax identification.I want Upwork withhold up 30% of my earnings.

Hi Shams,

This is the number that your country uses for collecting your tax information and may have a different name, such as PAN in India, for example. Some countries may use a National ID number. You may be able to find information about your country’s TIN here. If you have questions about your number, you will need to consult a tax advisor in your country or contact your local tax authority.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
3b12e1de
Community Member

I understand what you say.But I don't  want to complete tax information.

I agree that upwork  will own 30% of money.

Is not it possible? 

ArjayM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Shams,

Unfortunately, you will not be able to withdraw your earnings from Upwork until you complete the form. We will be required to withhold up to 30% of your future earnings on Upwork and send them to the IRS if you fail to complete the form. We cannot provide refunds on the withheld funds submitted to the IRS, even if the forms are later completed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
3b12e1de
Community Member

Hi.Can I work on upwork if I don't complete tax information?
And will I get my money if I complete tax information later (after one year)?

Shams, my colleagues shared more information about this here with you. To answer your questions, you won't be able to withdraw your funds if you don't complete your tax information, but this won't prevent you from working with clients. Is there any reason why you can't complete it at this time?

~ Luiggi
Upwork
3b12e1de
Community Member

Yes there are several reasons why I can't complete tax information at this time. 

brycekimmy
Community Member

I have issues getting withdrawal from my checking account. I have setup direct deposit and made sure the account number was accurate. I am doing something wrong?

Hi Kimberly,

I checked your account and I see that your payment method is still not active. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep

Upwork
57e22545
Community Member

i have filled in my bank account details in the direct to local bank payment option ,but it's still inactive after two weeks of wait,I have verified my bank details and every thing is correct

Hello Mohamed,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Mohammad, you should create a ticket and reach out directly to the support for this matter. There's nothing wrong from you end apparently. 

I tried but couldn't find a way to open a support ticket,the help and support page only have the preanswered questions with no way to open a ticket

759e32fa
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Mohamed,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you already opened a support ticket regarding this issue. Please allow our team 24-28 hours to respond to your request. Feel free to also update the ticket should you have further questions or concerns.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hello, it's been more then 48 hours and i still didn't receive any news about the issue,can I get a direct support ?

,thankyou

Hi Mohamed, 

Thank you for following up. I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
f0830467
Community Member

After i set my payment method and 3 days of security have passed the method is still inacive and there is a message in the top of the page  `You have no active withdrawal methods. Please add a new method `

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths