🐈
» Forums » Support » Payment Method Inactive !
Page options
2e750978
Community Member

Payment Method Inactive !

Hello ! It's been five days since i added payment method to local bank. But it's still inactiave. No Response or Verification email from upwork.Can you please tell me how long it will take to active ?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Zaki,

If your payment method is inactive, it can be because of one or both of the following reasons:

It was added in the last three days: For security reasons, any new payment method will become active in three days. 

You need to provide your tax information: In order to access their funds, all freelancers who are U.S persons should file a Form W-9 with Upwork. You sign electronically by submitting the form.

If you’re not a U.S.taxpayer you’ll need to file a Form W-8BEN instead. The Form W-8BEN is a form used to confirm you’re not a U.S. taxpayer and that Upwork is not required to withhold taxes from your earnings. Tip: You can use your own legal name as it appears in your passport or other official documents.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

848 REPLIES 848

Hi Beatriz,

I checked your account and can see that your payment method is inactive because you haven't completed your Tax Information yet. More specifically; you're missing to provide your TIN. This is the number that your country uses for collecting your tax information and may have a different name, such as PAN in India, for example. Some countries may use a National ID number. You may be able to find information about your country’s TIN here. If you have questions about your number, you will need to consult a tax advisor in your country or contact your local tax authority.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
2fa4e014
Community Member

Hi, 

Thank you so much! 

65b5a729
Community Member

Hello. I have some problems with set the payment method.

My name is Julio César Cañas Cruz(Spanish) from El Salvador and paypal account name is also same.

But by mistake when I create an account on Upwork, I set the name as Julio Cesar Canas Cruz(English).

So my payment method is inactived now because of this problem. What can I do?

Can I use Spainish name for Upwork name? If I change the name of Upwork account, should I verify my identity?

Should I remove the payment methods and add it again?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Yes, any name change lead to verification. You can do it.

Hi Julio,

Your payment method is inactive because you haven't completed your Tax Information yet. More specifically, you haven't provided your Tax Identification Number. This is the number that your country uses for collecting your tax information and may have a different name, such as PAN in India, for example. Some countries may use a National ID number. You may be able to find information about your country’s TIN here. If you have questions about your number, you will need to consult a tax advisor in your country or contact your local tax authority.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
480de893
Community Member

I am really sad with the service of Upwork as my issue has not been solved with the payment method. It's been over 7 days my direct bank transfer method has been showing inactive. I had filled out the w8-ben form, please help.

Hi Zuhair,

I'm sorry for the delay in responding. I've checked with the relevant team, and I'm happy to inform you that your payment method is now active. They've shared more information with you via your existing support ticket

~ Luiggi
Upwork
855c661a
Community Member

Hi,

I have updated my withdrawal payment method on last weekend but it was not activated since the 3 calendar days had been passed for just checking the details due to security reasons.  However, there was no issue with the information like mismatching name, wrong address etc. I have the benificiary account name same as on my upwork verified account name. But still the issue persist. Now what I did is that I removed the withdrawal payment method and added it again yesterday. Can anyone from upwork team gives me an assurity that this time it will be activated because it is so frustating now. I need to withdraw the payment from upwork to local bank account on urgent basis. Please help me with this. Currently it is showing like this as attached pic 

Regards,

Muhammad Hassan

Freelancer

Hi Muhammad,

I can see that you've raised a support ticket regarding your concern and one of our team members is already assisting you. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths