🐈
» Forums » Support » Payment Rejected (Company Bank Account)
Page options
5bfafd53
Community Member

Payment Rejected (Company Bank Account)

Hi,

My payment to my company bank account keeps getting rejected.

I checked the bank details with my bank and updated them to ensure they were correct.

The payment was still rejected.

I checked with my bank, and they said that they never received a payment and never rejected it.

Your help is appreciated.

9 REPLIES 9
5bfafd53
Community Member

Hi,

Support on this is greatly appreciated as I'm stuck. Thanks!

Regards,

Jeff

Hi Jeffrey,

Apologies for missing a respond to your post earlier. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep 

Upwork

Hi,

Support were in touch (#46890370), and they told me this:

"Upon reviewing your transaction history, it appears that your withdrawal was rejected by your bank. We kindly request that you reach out to your bank to ascertain the current status of your account, as there may be some necessary corrections required."

I checked with the bank, and they said that they did not reject any payment, as they cannot even see any attempted transfers. They asked me to speak to Upwork again, as it's maybe an intermediary bank that is doing the rejection.

I need someone to look into this in detail, please. I need to know the specific reason it's being rejected so that I can fix the issue, assuming it's something in the bank details. I've tried changing the bank details multiple times, trying different things hoping something works, with no success.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,

Jeff

Thank you for following up, Jeffrey. I suggest you respond to the same support ticket so that our team can investigate the issue further. 

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hi,

Unfortunately, the issue has not yet been solved.

Urgent assistance from a senior support agent is greatly appreciated, as I have funds in my Upwork account that I have been unable to transfer to my company’s bank account for months now.

Here’s a recap of the problem:

1. My Upwork bank account is my company’s bank account.
2. The name of the bank account is that of the company and Tania Galea, the other director (the bank requires a person’s name on a bank account to be able to issue cards, etc.).
3. I have verified my company’s bank account multiple times by providing a scan of the document showing I’m the owner of the company as per Upwork’s request (Articles of Incorporation showing the company name with me as an authorized agent/owner). Upwork accepted the verification multiple times.
4. I have confirmed multiple times with my bank that the bank details I’ve inputted in my Upwork account details are correct.

The Problem:

Each time I try to transfer funds from Upwork to my company’s bank account, the transfer is canceled, and the reason provided in the Upwork transactions statement is “Transfer rejected by Bank.”

Important: However, I checked with my bank multiple times, and they confirmed that they never rejected any payment attempt, as they actually never even received one. My bank asked me to check with Upwork, as there could be an intermediary bank that is rejecting the payment.

I need you to please check why the payment keeps getting rejected, and I would appreciate it if I’m not asked to repeat the basic steps I mentioned above, which I’ve tried multiple times.

What needs to be done is to check about the potential intermediary bank issue or other problems that might be stopping the payment from reaching my bank.

I thank you in advance for your assistance.

Regards,

Jeff

Hi Jeffrey,

Thank you for your message. I checked and it appears your payment method was not active.

I have followed up with the team handling your account and I am pleased to inform you that your payment method has been accepted. Please try withdrawing your funds now. Feel free to message us if you need any other assistance.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hi,

The payment method is now active. Thanks. However, that's not my problem (I had my payment method name mismatch approved many times before, as I have to go through manual verification each time I edit the bank details in an attempt to solve the withdrawal issue.

I have tried withdrawing the funds several times already, and I still need help, as per my previous message.

Thanks,

Jeff

Hello Jeffrey,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am sorry to hear that you are encountering issues when trying to withdraw your funds. I will be happy to help. I have forwarded your concern to the appropriate team, and one of our agents will contact you to further assist. You may access your support ticket here.

I encourage you to share more information about the error you have encountered and kindly attach a screenshot of the issue on your ticket so that our team can better assist you.

~Ivy
Upwork

Thanks, will follow up on the support ticket.

Regards,

Jeff

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths