🐈
» Forums » Support » Payment accidentally withdrawn to closed bank...
Page options
cd00d7da
Community Member

Payment accidentally withdrawn to closed bank account

Hi

I have accidentally withdrawn my funds to a closed bank account. I made the withdrawal on June 9, 2023. I wonder if my funds will automatically bounce back to my Upwork account and how long does it usually take? I have also created a ticket regarding this issue. 

I hope anyone can assist me with this as it is 2 weeks worth of funds. Thank you.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Renee Allison,

I checked, and it looks like you have submitted a support ticket to the team. Please allow them to check, and someone from the team will update your ticket to assist further. 

I'd also like to let you know that if the payment method you used is incorrect, the funds will be refunded to your Upwork account, which usually takes 7 to 10 days. In the meantime, you might want to remove the closed account and add the active bank account to withdraw your earnings moving forward. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
8a074783
Community Member

hi, can you guide me how can i submit a ticket about any issue?

Hi Kiran. To submit a ticket, you can go to the Help & Support page. There you will see a "Get Support" icon on the bottom right of your screen. You can create a ticket from there. 

JoanneP

Hi Renee Allison,

I checked, and it looks like you have submitted a support ticket to the team. Please allow them to check, and someone from the team will update your ticket to assist further. 

I'd also like to let you know that if the payment method you used is incorrect, the funds will be refunded to your Upwork account, which usually takes 7 to 10 days. In the meantime, you might want to remove the closed account and add the active bank account to withdraw your earnings moving forward. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
cd00d7da
Community Member

Hi Joanne, 

Thank you so much for the information. It is very helpful.

The Upwork Support Team is also now assisting me regarding this matter. For now, I will be waiting for the funds to be returned to my Upwork account within the given timeline, and have also removed the closed account as a payment method option to prevent this from occurring again. 

Again, thank you so much for taking the time to respond to my post. 

Best Regards, 

Renee

Hi Joanne,

If you don't mind me asking, how long before you received the fund back to your Upwork account? I find myself in the same position as I also accidentally my funds to a closed bank account.

Thanks!

Regards,

Ian

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths