🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Can not add phone number on 2 steps verif...
Page options
tanvik009
Community Member

Phone Number is already in use

I just created my account but my number verification is failing saying the number is in use with another account. I've never used upwork before. Can someone. Please help.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,005 REPLIES 1,005
761f3767
Community Member

i have tried repeatedly for over a week to verify my phone number. I just keep getting the error msg Something went wrong. Please try again later. i can not find a workable solution on the site or in fact anything useful on google. HELP

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Villain,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
6aa35d50
Community Member

I'm trying to complete profile setup and it requires i send a sms message to myself for the code. I've used desktop Safari, mobile Safari, and Chrome desktop and I always get an error. Please advise.

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mark,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
6b3d0f00
Community Member

Hello -I am also having issues with phone verification and cannot complete my profile. Please assist to find a permanent solution.

Hi Cynthia,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the trouble while completing the phone verification. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
a3b391de
Community Member

I've been trying on and off for about 2 hours to verify my phone number, but it keeps failing with the message "something went wrong, please try again later".

I've looked at other threads on this, but there's no instructions, just an agent saying a ticket will be submitted. Please submit a ticket for me so I can finish creating a profile.

Thank you!

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rachel,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
a3b391de
Community Member

When I click the above link that reads "support ticket", I'm taken to a page that tells me "no requests found".

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Your ticket will show there once the team replies, Rachel. I will follow up with them, you should expect to receive an update soon.

~Andrea
Upwork
f13fbba6
Community Member

I am having the same issue, What can I do to take my phone number off of that other account as I'd like to set this one up.

Hi Paulina,

I've shared your concern about completing the phone verification process. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Community Member

I have started the registration process yesterday and am unable to complete it, since I keep getting an error "Something went wrong. Please try again later." when I enter my phone number and click "Send Code". 
I refreshed the page, waited overnight, reentered my country and address, reentered phone - nothing helps. Please help me to register. 

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alesia,

~Andrea
Upwork
Community Member

Thank you so much! 🙏😊

22fbfe70
Community Member

Hello, 

I cannot get my phone number to verify. I get an error that says "Something went wrong. Please try again later."

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Cassy,

~Andrea
Upwork
52c28f47
Community Member

I am attempting to join but as i get to the phone number verification I am haulted by an error msg.

there is no apparent way to get around this issue and it is hindering me from completing my profile.

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Shaun,

~Andrea
Upwork
Community Member

I am trying to create my profile but when i get to the step about verifying my phone number it says "something went wrong. Please try again later."

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Perri,

~Andrea
Upwork
b91c4f03
Community Member

I am unable to verify my phone number to create an account. This has been an issue for weeks. I get an error message that says "Something went wrong. Please try again later." I've tried on my laptop and on the app from my phone.  Can someone please help me.

Hi Alanda,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
849f3584
Community Member

Having issues trying to create profile and getting phone number code sent. It keeps throwing an error no matter which device I'm using.

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Eric,

~Andrea
Upwork
1700c56f
Community Member

I am trying to register and as part of the last step when I enter my cellphone number to get the verification code i get an error saying "something went wrong, try again later", not sure what to do, I have restarted and I am not using any firewall etc. Please help.

Thanks

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Aneeta,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
0272ba43
Community Member

I'm also having issues with this. I cannot verify my phone number because an error message comes up stating that "Something went wrong. Please try again later." Please help, thank you!

Hi Zaena,

Thank you for your message. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork
df3753ab
Community Member

Need assistance.

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Stasys,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
9f76d29f
Community Member

I'm currenlty creating my profile as a Freelance Artist, but when I get to the section where I need to verfiy my phone number I get a message saying "Something went wrong. Please try again later." I've tried using different browsers and have cleared my cache, but that doesn't seem to fix the issue.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kathryn,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
64a9310e
Community Member

I am not able to get the text message for verifying my phone number. I have tried multiple times. Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Brad

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bradley,

~Andrea
Upwork
a41b2f4c
Community Member

Not receiving code from phone number verification, I can't complete my profile until this step is completed.

Same issue here. Please help!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Julian,

It looks like you were able to verify your phone number. Feel free to reach back to us if you still need any assistance.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Olasubomi,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
aabe4191
Community Member

I have the same problem 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths