🐈
» Forums » Support » Phone Number is already in use
Page options
tanvik009
Community Member

Phone Number is already in use

I just created my account but my number verification is failing saying the number is in use with another account. I've never used upwork before. Can someone. Please help.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,005 REPLIES 1,005
williambmorriss
Community Member

I just created my account but my number verification is failing saying the number is in use with another account. I've never used upwork before. Can someone please help.

Hi Will,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
a63b304b
Community Member

I’m having the same issue

Hi Leah,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
vzach94
Community Member

I am trying to set up my account and when I get to the end and I need to enter my phone number to receive a text, it tells me that my phone number is already associated with another account. Can you please assist? 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Vanessa.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
vzach94
Community Member

Thank you, I appreciate it! 

6290e78d
Community Member

I’m trying to create my account but it keeps telling me my phone number is already been taken for another account. I can’t finish creating mine until I put in a phone number. Can someone please help me with this? I’m not sure what to do.

Hi Kelly,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
mikejohnson0195
Community Member

I had an account a couple years ago i didn't use, and now I created a new one but it says my phone number is already being used.  Can my phone number be removed from my old profile so i can finish my current profile?  I can't finish creating it until i enter my phone number.  Thank you.

Hi Mike,

Could you please send me a private message with the Upwork username or registered email address of the account in question so that I can check and assist you further?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
ffc2dc86
Community Member

Hello.

I am attempting to create an upwork account, however my phone number is apparently already in use. I have never created an upwork account prior to this one.

Hi Fred,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
c900b19a
Community Member

I have completed my profile but everytime that I click on "Send Code" to verify my phgone number I get the "Something Went Wrong" error.  Tried it on Chrome AND Edge browsers.  Overall BAD UX!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jan,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
2bf22442
Community Member

Hi! I am setting up a new account but I cannot verify my phone number. I looks like that the button doesn't work.

Thank you 

Hi Lisa,

You should have no problems adding and verifying your phone number. Have you tried clearing your cache and cookies or using a different browser to see if that helps? If it doesn't, please share a screenshot from your end so we can take a look and assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you.. it is working with Chrome. Safari blocked it. Thank you 

Hello, I'm getting an error messge when I try to verify my phone number.

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lindsey,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
9c2b5215
Community Member

I'm trying to register and go to the final step, "A few last details - then you can check and publish your profile."  Street address works fine and my address is found successfully.  But when I attemp to send a code to my mobile phone, I get the attached error with no further details.  Tried in Chrome and Edge, both get the same error.

Hi Bo,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
c070e050
Community Member

HI, 

I am trying to complete the registration of my account, but cannot becuase I am getting a message that my phone number is already in use.

Meredith J wrote:

HI, 

I am trying to complete the registration of my account, but cannot becuase I am getting a message that my phone number is already in use.

Have you created another profile before?

Hi Meredith,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
c070e050
Community Member

Hi!
I actually got it resolved, thank you!
Meredith
2e490d96
Community Member

Hello,

I am trying to set up my Upwork profile, and it says my phone number is in use by another account. I tried logging in with other email addresses I have had in case it's an old one, but these are not valid user names. Could you please help me locate and delete the old one so I can set up the new one?

Also, my last name isn't displaying correctly. How do I fix it?

Thank you!

Hi Diane,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble setting up your profile. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you. Additionally, you should be able to edit your last name by going to Settings > Contact Info, once you finish setting up your account. You can check this help article to learn more. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
be02bdcf
Community Member

Hello,

I signed into Upwork for the first time in years and apparently my cell number is already attached to a separate account. How can I join these two accounts? I cannot access the other one and the second one will not let me past the cell part of setting up my account.

Hi Wheeler,

~ Joanne
Upwork
d4455913
Community Member

hello,

also having the same problem

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi George,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you.

~Andrea
Upwork
fvarnson
Community Member

I am having the same problem too, and I can’t get my account set up because of it.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Fletcher.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
e33a8741
Community Member

I am trying to get a verification code sent to my phone.  I've tried having sent several times, but it just keeps saying "something went wrong.  Please try again later."

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jeff,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via email to assist you with your phone verification process. 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
73b40a04
Community Member

I'm trying to finish my profile work,but on the last step, the website keep telling me my phone number is already on use. How can I figure out the account that using my phone number and transfer that info to this account?

Hi Jinseok, 

~ Joanne
Upwork
6e8158aa
Community Member

Hello there! I'm finishing the creation of my account however, the phone verficiation part is failing due to it being in use in another account (however I don't have any active accounts besides the one I'm currently trying to set up).

Would love some help with this, thanks guys!

Hi Anthony,

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths