🐈
» Forums » Support » Phone Number is already in use
Page options
tanvik009
Community Member

Phone Number is already in use

I just created my account but my number verification is failing saying the number is in use with another account. I've never used upwork before. Can someone. Please help.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,005 REPLIES 1,005
729b96ad
Community Member

Hi I'm having the same. It says my mobile number is already in use on another account but I don't have another account. Please help!!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Elijah.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
729b96ad
Community Member

Hey, I was told that I would get contacted regarding my phone number verification but nothing has come through yet?

Hi Elijah,

Thank you for following up. I reached out to the team handling your case and one of our agents will reach out to you via email as soon as possible to assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork
1a0980c9
Community Member

To whom this may concern,

My name is Bryant, and I'm just now completing my UpWork account information, however, I'm not receiving the required security code to my phone.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bryant,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
3879d0c2
Community Member

I am trying to create a profile in Upwork but my phone number is being rejected (this phone number is in use with another account). I saw this on similar threads regarding the same issue.

My phone number is 540 944 8209, I have not used it with any other upwork account that I know of.

Appreciate any help.

Hi Ethan Luke,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
0836a7cb
Community Member

Hello,
I am a New Profile user to UpWork. I am attempting to complete the final step of profile setup. However, when requesting a text message code to be sent in order to verify my phone number, I am receiving the following error:  "Something went wrong. Please try again later."

I have waited and tried later, with no success. Could a workaround please be offered?

Thank you,

Beth

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Beth,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
ewittl
Community Member

Why won't the text verification work? I keep clicking the green button to verify and create my profile. But it just says "try again later."

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Emily,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
3a31c37b
Community Member

Can someone help, or contact me? Thank you

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Martin,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
6c6f6cee
Community Member

I just came back to upwork after a few years and lost access to my old email and password. It says my phone number is already in use. Can someone help me get access to the platform?

Hi Timothy,

I have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
taras-l
Community Member

Im trying to complete my profile and I get: Phone Number is already in use

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Taras.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via email to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
71a85051
Community Member

Hi I just set up an account with a Google workspace email and I can't verify because it's attached to a previous profile. Saw no way of fixing this, can someone reach out?

Hi Julian,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
e38f4369
Community Member

Hello,

I am having a similar problem - I had an account years ago tied to an email address that I no longer have access to.  I am creating a new account, and my phone number is 'already in use'.  Can a support agent reach out to me to resolve?

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dave,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
cd929b96
Community Member

I need help closing an account I have never used. I am trying to set up an account and I can’t verify my profile with my phone number because it was used on the other account. I have never made an Upwork account before. 

Hello Steven,

Thank you for your message. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork
claudiamendoza10
Community Member

I am trying to set up my freelance account but my phone number is already in use in a different account that is no longer being used.

Hi Claudia,

~Andrea
Upwork
04bcb964
Community Member

Hi,

I'm trying to register my account but it keeps giving me an error that my phone number is in use. This is a new phone number, so there is no way i could have another account with it. How do i get it working?

Thanks,

Marcos

Hi Marc,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
1758e469
Community Member

When I try to input my phone number, this message comes up, "Something went wrong. Please try again later." 

I have tried using different browsers. Is there something I can do to proceed with finalizing my account?

Hi Renee,

You can contact support regarding your problem.

Regards

Ijlal Z wrote:

Hi Renee,

You can contact support regarding your problem.

Regards

Why are you doing this? 

Hi Renee,

I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing with adding your phone number. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
98c76e44
Community Member

I'm at step 10 and need to verify my phone number. When I put the full 10 digit phone number in it says, "Something went wrong. Please try again later." I've tried at different times throughout the day and also tried clearing the browswer cache. If I put in a non-10 digiti number, it actually prompts for the code, but of course I never get it because it isn't a valid phone number. Any help on how to verify the phone another way?

Hi Brian,

~ Joanne
Upwork
efb10a28
Community Member

When I enter my phone number to be verified (enter phone number to recieve verification code via text) I get the following message "Something went wrong. Please try again later."

I have reloaded the page several times with the same result. Not sure what to do next. 

Hi Ian,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
ac4aec61
Community Member

Hello, I'm trying to verify my account, but my phone number is not going through. Whenever I try it, it returns, "Something Went Wrong. Please try again later." Any advice?

Hi Kerim,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
653bb46e
Community Member

Hello, I am creating my profile as a new freelancer. I am stuck on the Create Your Profile, step 10 where you enter your address and phone number. Every time I submit my phone number to get the code, it says "Something went wrong. Please try again later." 

I've tried in a private browser window, two separate browsers, and it still isn't working. I am unable to verify my profile or move forward without this. I attempted to reach out via Get Support and was told to post in the community, was unable to speak with someone directly. 

Any help is much appreciated!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Jenna.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths