๐Ÿˆ
ยป Forums ยป Support ยป Phone Number is already in use
Page options
Tanvi K Community Member

Phone Number is already in use

I just created my account but my number verification is failing saying the number is in use with another account. I've never used upwork before. Can someone. Please help.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea

View solution in original post

1,005 REPLIES 1,005

Hi Dominique,

One of our agents will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Hunter W Community Member

I cannot create an account because I am getting this error. Please help

Aleksandar D Community Manager

Hi Hunter,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via email to assist you further with your account issues.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
William C Community Member

i didnt get a securtiy code for my phone number and i have tried 2 phones and it wont work!!

Bojan S Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, William.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Kiarra G Community Member

Hi Avery, 

I was unable to message you. I am seeking help for an issue with verifying my phone number. Says my phone number is already used for another account. Please advise. Thank you.

Kiarra G Community Member

Cannot complete profile as it says phone number is in use by another profile. I don't have another profile. Please advise. Thank you.

Hi Kiarra,

Weโ€™ll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Tayyab A Community Member

Hi,

Borjan 

Can u help me with problem regarding duplicate account first one i created working with agency they changed my login credentials now refusing to give it back now i creat account to report it,please help me on this

i have two upwork account one account is aggency using now they changed login credentials acoount link is (**Edited for Community Guidelines** i creat new account with same email to contact about it can u help me on this

Hi,

My Upwork Account Login Credentials(Email,User Name & Password) Changed by Agency i been working with now they refusing to give my account credentials,i have created a new a account with same Info and picture,can you Guide me for solution 

Hi Tayyab,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Nikola S Moderator

Hi Tayyab,

We will look into this further and will get back to you once we have more information.

Thank you for your patience,

~ Nikola
Abbey B Community Member

I am trying to set up an account and it says my phone number is already in use. I have deleted the other account I made, so not sure what the issue is. 

Petra R Community Member

Abbey B wrote:

I am trying to set up an account and it says my phone number is already in use. I have deleted the other account I made, so not sure what the issue is. 

The issue is that you are not allowed to ever create another account after you had one.

You need to get support to restore your original account and then you need to close the current one. You may only ever have the first and only account you created. Anything else is a violation of the terms of service. 

Hi Abbey,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about your deleted account? Iโ€™ll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Ignat L Community Member

I have closed my previous account and I could not use my phone number for the new account. The message it displays is: The number is already in use by another user.

Thank you for reaching out to us, Ignat.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Ledin M Community Member

I'm unable to create my account because my phone number is associated with a different account. How do I have that fixed?

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Ledin,

I've shared your concern with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Ashwini S Community Member

I am not able to verify my phone number because it seems it is linked to another account, which I do not know of. please assist

Thank you for reaching out to us, Ashwini.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Charles L Community Member

I am having the same issue. Can't complete my profile as Upwork says my phone number has already been registered, which isn't possible. 

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Charles,

I've shared your concern with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Jamie B Community Member

i I am signing up and have got to the phone verification stage and it says my number is already being used by another account??? I am fairly sure I do not have an upwork account already although I have tried to create one before. Could you direct me to the likely cause of this?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths