🐈
» Forums » Support » Phone Number is already in use
Page options
tanvik009
Community Member

Phone Number is already in use

I just created my account but my number verification is failing saying the number is in use with another account. I've never used upwork before. Can someone. Please help.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,005 REPLIES 1,005
8c148a27
Community Member

Each time I enter my phone number and click "send code", I get the following message: "Something went wrong. Please try again later."

How can I get past this?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jessica,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
8c148a27
Community Member

Thank you for your help!

unsercoverkasey
Community Member

I was trying to finish making my upwork account and it keeps saying my phone number is already in use but I’ve never made another account can someone please help?

Hi Layla,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
fd2be2e9
Community Member

Hi! I have completed everything up until the point of my phone number. It says that there is already an account attached to my number but I haven't used UpWork before. 

Hi Christina,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
miottod
Community Member

I'm at the 12 step when it comes to completing my profile and when I put my phone # it says "its alreadby in use by another account'...can someone help me with this? also, how does one contact UW support?  

David Miotto
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi David,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
reidpritchard
Community Member

Hello I'm new to Upwork and have been setting up my profile. I'm on step 10/10 and I'm having issues with the phone verification. I have tried using the chat bot to open a ticket, but it's not working for some reason. I've tried both on my computer as well as the mobile app to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

The errors I've been seeing:
  • Something went wrong. Please try again later.
  • Phone number must be verified

Hi Reid,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via email to assist you with your phone verification process. 

Thanks for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
3679a2b6
Community Member

I keep getting the "Something is wrong" message. I've tried both Firefox and Chrome. I can't continue past this point without that.

Hi Robert,

Let me have one of our support agents reach out to you directly and assist you. You should get an email with their message shortly. 
Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork
794691a3
Community Member

I've just created my profile and on step 10/10 when I enter my phone number and hit 'send code' I get an error message that says "something went wrong, please try again later."

I've closed the browser and reopened, used another browser, logged out and back in, all over the last two days and still get the same message every time. I can't continue to my profile until my phone number is verified, but there seems to be an issue sending the text verification.

Any help would be appreciated!

Hi Brandi,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
zacharyduncan_
Community Member

I am attempting to create my profile. On the last step 10/10, it asks for my phone number. I put my phone number in and in red it says, "Something went wrong. Please try again later." It does not matter how many times I try or how long I wait it is not working.

Please help,

Thank you!

Hi Zachary, 

The Customer Support Team has reached out to you through an email support ticket to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
9e3dd02e
Community Member

Hi, everyone! Please correct me if this is posted in the wrong area. I'm new. I am just looking for a Customer Service Rep to help me fix my issue. I am trying to verify my phone number and when I hit "send", it says "something went wrong". Thank you, and sorry if this is in the wrong category! Take care!

gaffarr
Community Member

Hello, I am trying to set up a freelancer account so I followed instructions and created an account under my client profile for a freelancer but when I get to the point of inputting my address and phone number for a code, it keeps saying something is wrong. It will not let me move forward with a code to verify my phone number. Please help. 

210bf7ce
Community Member

Hi, I had a similar experience but it's usually an issue with the kind of mobile device you are using.

You need to be able to copy the code from SMS & paste it into the verification area without the page closing, for it to work.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Remaz and Becca.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via email to assist you with your phone verification processes. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
14ec10c8
Community Member

I’m on the last step of setting up my freelancer profile and I have not been able to complete the phone verification- no code is being sent. I have waited and tried several times. When I hit the “send code”, nothing happens. Please assist.

Hi Abdrilisa,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
06309fc0
Community Member

Hi, I'm creating a new freelancer account and can't seem to verify my phone number. After entering it and press

the button to receive the text message, red text comes up and says, "Something went wrong. Please try again later."

Can you help me create my account?

Screen Shot 2021-11-21 at 1.20.00 AM 2 copy.jpg

Hello Keith,

Thank you for your message. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi, 

Cannot Verify phone number to create new account. 

Eimaan 

Hi Eimaan,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
369ec5f0
Community Member

Hi,

When I try to verify my phone by verification code to complete my profile, it keeps saying "Something went wrong. Please try again later." I am not sure what to do. Thank you in advance.

Hi Leonardo,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
4062a281
Community Member

I've done my profile and now the system won't verify my phone number.  And it won't verify my profile. 

Teddi G wrote:

I've done my profile and now the system won't verify my phone number.  And it won't verify my profile. 

Don't worry about verification until upwork asks you to. 

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Teddi,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you with your phone verification so you can publish your profile.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
c63a47ec
Community Member

Hello,

I am attempting to complete my profile, however, when I enter my Phone number and click "Send Code" I get an error that reads "Something went wrong. Please try again later." It will not allow me to advance past this stage. Thank you!

I have the same issue, except it stops me when I try to add my language skills.

There was an error loading this page: error [6b2ce6418c2b2788-PRG, 6b2ce6418c2b2788-PRG]. Contact Upwork Support for more information.

I would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks!

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tyler,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
Community Member

Hello Upwork Support Team

I am having the same issue as everyone else, I get to the last step where I enter my phone number and it shows "Something went wrong. Please try again again later."

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Josh.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via email to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
41e278d8
Community Member

Hello, I need to verify via SMS and for some reason, every time I enter my cell #, the system returns the following error:

Something went wrong. Please try again later.

Any help would be appreciated. I've had this number for years now.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jeff,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
inezcreative
Community Member

I receive a "failed attempt" error message every time I try and verify my phone number in my profile. I would like some assistance with this, please.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths