🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Phone number already in use
Page options
Asha S Community Member

Phone number already in use

My account is attcahed to another account but I cant seem to ifgure out what emai its attached to.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi all,

If you need help verifying your phone number, it would be best if you reach our support team directly so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. Please let us know on this thread if you need assistance with this issue and we'll be happy to help.

~Andrea

View solution in original post

736 REPLIES 736
Nicholas H Community Member

Ok, Please make support ticket as it isnt possible for us to do it.

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Nicholas,

When a ticket is created, you can view it from your Upwork account, and likewise, an email is sent to the email address you have on file. If you are unable to check the ticket, please check your email. If it's not in your inbox, kindly try checking your spam folder. Thank you.

~ Nikola
Calyn W Community Member

Hello!

I need assistance in moving my phone number to my new account. I cannot access the email that my old account is paired to, so I am unable to close the account and move my phone number myself. Please assist with this. Thank you.

Zach N Community Member

I need assistance with this issue

Megan M Community Member

I am having the same issue. Please help!

Sujoy C Community Member

hi Andrea, can you please share steps to 'reach out support team directly'? i dont see any phone number or article with steps. When used the chat functionality from Contact Support page, the chatbot responds (not exacty quote unquote)- please go to community page OR go to Contact Support page - which i had already tried. Please fix your chatbot as well. Or gove some contact number to talk to someone directly

Andrew C Community Member

I have the same issue where the phone number I want to use is already taken

Frank D Community Member

Hi Andrea, I need assistance with this as well. I created an account a while back and have the same phone number. I cannot apply to jobs now because it is requiring me to verify but it keeps saying the number is already in use. Please help!

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Frank,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Kelly S Community Member

How can I reach anyone on the support team directly??? I'm having the same issue and can't find any link to send a message to the support team.

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Kelly,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Matthew K Community Member

I am experiencing the same issue and need help.

Tammy P Community Member

Hello AndreaG,

I tried to reach the support team for this issue but I cannot find the link. I tried the chat and the bot just sends me a link that doesn't help. I get the "phone number already in use" error message. 

Thanks,

Tammy

Blessing T Community Member

Hello, I tried to find how to submit a support ticket for this, but i just couldnt get the bot to direct me to a ticket form, so here i am. I have the same issue. My account will not let me add a phone number due to it saying my number is in use. 

Ellen E Community Member

I need support as well with the phone number in use problem. When I click the links to send a support ticket, the web page does not load.

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Ellen,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Nancy O Community Member

Hi Andrea - I'm having the same issue. It says my phone number is in use.

i tried deleting my account and setting up a new one. And it didn't fix my issue.

i tried submitting a ticket but it says "we can't complete your request right now." 

can you help submit a ticket for my phone number issue?

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Nancy,

Our team has received your report and will reach out to you soon. One of our agents will assist you further through a support ticket. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep

Kirti Wright Z Community Member

IMG_7397.png

I am also having the same issue! How do I speak with a human agent to get this fixed? 

Kirti Wright Z Community Member

Same issue, please help! I can't apply for jobs without my phone number connected properly, thank you for your attention to this matter! 

Michelle D Community Member

Hello Andrea!

I need help with this issue as well. I have tried to apply to jobs and cannot because I am unable to verify my phone number. It says it is attached to another account. Can you please assist me with this as soon as possible?

Thank you,

Michelle Day

Michelle D Community Member

Hi Andrea,

I am having the same issue. How do I submit a support request for this?

Thank You,

Michelle Day

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Michelle,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Paula S Community Member

But there is no way to contact support.  With the AI bot chat, you just go round in circles.  I've been trying to get to contact support for 3 hours and still haven't worked out how to do it.  How do you contact support?  Is there an email address or a phone number?  The chatbot does not help and there doesn't seem to be any other way to contact.  I have the same issue with the phone number.  It's utterly ridiculous.

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Paula,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths