🐈
» Forums » Support » Profile Image Not Changing
Page options
d893bc4e
Community Member

Profile Image Not Changing

Hi Upwork Community,

I used one of my favorite person's pictures because I'm not allowed by my family and religion to work as a Freelancer but I have secured my first job now for verification, I have uploaded my real selfie but I want to use an existing profile picture due to some family and religion boundaries so can I do that?
I tried to change the picture also but it's not working because of the verification process.

So I hereby request to use this existing profile image so I can work without any issue.
Secondly, can I use the unreal name too because of the same issues?
Thanks in advance

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hi Kiran,

We appreciate you reaching out to us with your concern. We know that every case is different and we want to work with you to find a way forward. However, using a fake name or photo is a serious breach of Upwork TOS and could result in severe consequences for your Upwork account.

If your reason for doing this is religious, we can make an exception to allow you to upload a photo wearing a niqab, hijab, or veil, but you must use your real and verifiable name on your Upwork account. Please let us know what you would like to do next.

- Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PradeepH

Hi Kiran,

We appreciate you reaching out to us with your concern. We know that every case is different and we want to work with you to find a way forward. However, using a fake name or photo is a serious breach of Upwork TOS and could result in severe consequences for your Upwork account.

If your reason for doing this is religious, we can make an exception to allow you to upload a photo wearing a niqab, hijab, or veil, but you must use your real and verifiable name on your Upwork account. Please let us know what you would like to do next.

- Pradeep

Upwork

I have changed my name and it's my real name as mentioned on my ID Card issued by the government. I can understand the Upwork TOS and I'll use the same name in the future.

Thank you for your response 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths