🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Refund from a Scam
Page options
d6e611dc
Community Member

Refund from a Scam

Hello upwork, is there anyway for me to get help on a refund here? I have spent almost 9,000 usd on models . To find out 6 months later they are copyrighted.. Is there anyway I can request a refund or get a refund as there team still is working on upwork and I have full proof that they sold me copyrighted models? Why wont upwork even let me request a refund? This is serious and I will have to take legal action on parties if Its not solved . As my company was given copyrighted models for money when they didnt even make them! 

4 REPLIES 4
d6e611dc
Community Member

Can I get ANY HELP???

ArjayM
Community Member

Hi Miles,

I'm sorry to hear about this experience you had and for not being able to get back to you sooner. Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with the contract ID associated with the project you're referring to? I'll be more than willing to review and take action accordingly if necessary. Looking forward to your response.

~ Arjay
Upwork
d6e611dc
Community Member

I have sent contract ID to you 

28083503 here it is again 
ArjayM
Community Member

Hi Miles,

I have checked the contract and I can see the option to request a request here. Please note that If the payment was released from escrow within the last 30 days you can request a refund from talent through Upwork and file a dispute if they refuse. You can still request a refund of released funds for up to 180 days after payment is released, but you will only be able to file a dispute for the first 30 days. After that, it is up to the freelancer or agency whether to give you a refund. Go here to learn more about this process.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths