🐈
» Forums » Support » Revolut Business account as Upwork payment
Page options
csicso-3d
Community Member

Revolut Business account as Upwork payment

Hi there! 

I have this issue for more than a month now and I never got a straight answer or a reason to my questions, just to use the 30$ wire transfer, but there must be a better way. 

So, I live in Hungary (EU), but I moved my business to the UK. So I pay may taxes there, and I live with my family in Hungary. I managed to set that up correctly on Upwork. 

In order to have a proper UK business you need to have an official business bank account and I choose Revolut, becase I use it for years now in my personal life. I made a UK Business Revolut but I simple can't connect it with my Upwork account. 

The SWIFT / BIC code is REVOGB21 but when I tried to add this swift code at the very beginning of the preocess Upwork tells me that this bank is not available... Is that because it's a British Revolut? 

Can any admin help me please? I have to figure this out! 

Thank you very much in advance,

Csaba

2 REPLIES 2
LuiggiR

Hi Csaba,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
csicso-3d
Community Member

Thank you Luiggi, but this is what I wanted to avoid! I already sent tickets, chat with the bot, I need a proper conversation. 
SO, the answer to the ticket was that:
"It seems that the issue lies in the fact that your Revolut Business account is a UK account. In order to set up the payment method using the Direct to Local bank option, you will need to provide the swift code of your local bank in Hungary. This way, you can easily transfer your earnings from Upwork directly to your bank account in your local currency."

But my business is in UK as I mentioned before!!! It is a registered Ltd. and of course they expect me to have a bank account there where I pay my taxes! And I already have one in the UK! I will not have a Hungarian Bank account, (or obviously just a private one). I just simply don't understand why there is not an option for this. Too much I'm asking for?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths