🐈
» Forums » Support » Scammer and perverted client
Page options
eb5cabc1
Community Member

Scammer and perverted client

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hello Upwork and agents, I'm a Top rated freelancer and have always satisfied my clients and always gotten 5 reviews which I alread know when there are scams involved or if the client seems suspicious, Recently this client paid me out of nowhere $800 to translate a document that needs to be done in 3 days I was skeptical at first because I know that I always need to start with a contract, I saw the client's payment method is verified and also I've been paid by bonus before then after finishing it that's when the client says a lot of unnecessary stuff and told me everything is wrong and showed me a screenshot that I didn't do then that's when he started chatting me this message I've finished translating the whole document and now the bonus is still pending which I know this client wont fund, I feel so harassed I know it's my fault I'm sorry should've known better

3 REPLIES 3
PradeepH

Hi Nicole,

I am sorry to hear about your experience with the client. I checked the job post you were referring to and it appears that it's already been taken down because it was in violation of Upwork TOS.

Please check out this course for more tips on staying safe on Upwork and please use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime you’d like to report a violation.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you for your response! How about the pending bonus would that be refunded? Thank you for replying

Hi Nicole,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths