🐈
» Forums » Support » Scammer
Page options
f1d856c6
Community Member

Scammer

This's to give the community a heads up and report a freelancer scam on Upwork. This is my first time trying the platform, and unfortunately, I've already been scammed twice by freelancers. A freelanceer under the name **Edited for Community Guidelines** **Edited for Community Guidelines** , after assuring me he could complete the job, sent a link to finalize the contract on his second account under the name **Edited for Community Guidelines**. Once he received the payment, he immediately blocked me. I believe all the information on both of his accounts including his name and location are fake and sadly now I realise that he's probably was never vetted, the attachment is the contract that strangely I can no longer see on my account.

3 REPLIES 3
LuiggiR

Hi Mansor,

I'm sorry to learn about your experience and thank you for bringing this to our attention. I can see that you've already shared this information with the team via the ticket that you already have with them. Rest assured that they'll further investigate this.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
f1d856c6
Community Member

Thank you luiggi

As i said, I never used Upwork before, and I only assumed that because it's a well-known platform, freelancers on it would be vetted, trustworthy and reliable. Turns out, I lost more money (that wasn't even mine). One freelancer ignored me after getting paid, and another blocked me right away, with the contract vanishing from my page. The whole experience turned out to be rather scary and utterly horrific.

jonathanmjames
Community Member

heya, 

theres a few different types of scames on this platform to watch out for. 

beware. be careful. funded jobs can always be moderated if they try to run off without paying. the money is in escrow for ya. 

-jonathan

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths