🐈
» Forums » Support » Suspected Scammer, Connect Bid Refund request
Page options
1060ebb9
Community Member

Suspected Scammer, Connect Bid Refund request

In the last few days there are a lot of newly signed up users posting seemingly excellent jobs. 

e.g.  **Edited for Community Guidelines** posted "Experienced BackEnd Developer Needed"

They then request I fill in a suspicious Google form before interviewing, amongst other things it asks:

"What computer I have" and for an "active ETH crypto address".

I didn't complete form but did spend 50 connects to get them, and now they are not responding.

Please can you refund the connects?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hi Francis,

I am sorry to hear about your experience with this client. I checked the job post you were referring to and it appears that it's already been taken down because it was in violation of Upwork TOS. I see that the Connects you used to apply for this job has been returned to your Upwork account.

Please check out this course for more tips on staying safe on Upwork and please use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime you’d like to report a violation.

- Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PradeepH

Hi Francis,

I am sorry to hear about your experience with this client. I checked the job post you were referring to and it appears that it's already been taken down because it was in violation of Upwork TOS. I see that the Connects you used to apply for this job has been returned to your Upwork account.

Please check out this course for more tips on staying safe on Upwork and please use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime you’d like to report a violation.

- Pradeep

Upwork
1060ebb9
Community Member

Hi Upwork team,

A brief manual search found more than 10 similar job posts with different content:
-> Well stuctured, realistic and detailed job descriptions

-> US permanent position posted to Anywhere, no identifiable company, no industry

-> NL job poster, registered in the last 48 hours

-> Job poster's image fails reverse image search

-> Poster's name not verifiable using basic OSInt techniques

I understand that you have to say they were closed due to violation of upwrok TOS, however clearly they are scammers trying to steal ETH. 

As this is clearly a pattern (I don't know if it is new to you) you may want to enhance your onboarding security process. As a person who could help you with that, I offer my services to assist!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths