🐈
» Forums » Support » Suspended Account
Page options
cybercom
Community Member

Suspended Account

Hello,

We are agency and we had an account with upwork since many years. We were busy with the other work. Since last few years we were not accepting the freelancing work due to business contracts.

Now we want to start with the freelancing work again. When i login to my account i see a message "Your account has been suspended". We alreay have work history on upwork. Can someone help me to get the account active.

Thanks & Regards,

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Amani,

If the action buttons that you usually use are grayed out, the Trust & Safety team may have suspended your account. In that case, you will have received a support ticket with an email notification about the action on your account. Please refer to your ticket here and reply to the email if you have any questions for the team.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

769 REPLIES 769
ffb74c25
Community Member

Hi, 

I'm Upwork freelancer since Two years , yesterday I have surprised with thai message : Your account has been suspended. 

I didn't do anything wrong or restricted by Upwork. I'm honest person and built great community on upwork and become a top rated

Also I'm proud of beeing part from upwork and what I have achieved here. 

please help and guide me about removing this account hold. 

I'm ready for any requirements or proofs

Hi Ghaith,

I can see that you've reached out and your concern has been forwarded to the appropriate team for further review. Please continue communicating with our team through this support ticket for updates and further assistance. We seek your patience and understanding while sorting this out for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
6b28330d
Community Member

While I was in the middle of speaking to someone for potential work it just locked me out and suspended my account for no apparent reason?!? What can I do about this because I possibly just lost a potential client because of this 

Hi Dwayne,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more info about the account you need help with?

~Andrea
Upwork
e3f8b8c3
Community Member

Hi There, I'm Abdur Rashid. I'm a full-time Freelancer.

I'm new to Upwork. So I did not know the law of Upwork properly. I used pictures of my previous work in my portfolio. Where was the full information of the contacts and contacts of others? Today my account has been suspended let me know the reason for the suspension of the account. I was asked in the email to delete the pictures. I removed it and informed via email. Now I am worried about whether I will get my account back. Freelancing has now become my only source of income. So I want to go back to work. Please help me.

Regards
Abdur Rashid

Hi Abdur,

I am sorry to hear about your account status. I checked and it seems that you are already in correspondence with our team on your support ticketPlease allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
e3f8b8c3
Community Member

After 24 hours, I did not get any response from the Upwork team.  I am very frustrated and terrified now.  I want to get back to work very soon. So please help me get my account back

Hi Abdur,

I reached out to the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
sayed715
Community Member

Hello There,
I need one help plz, unfortunitly last night i got one notification my account is suspended, but i don't know how its come, this is my only account i use many years. Basically this account i need can you plz support me how i can back my account 
I will be waiting for your response 
Thanks 

regards

Hi Sayed,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding this issue.  I reached out to the team assigned to your ticket and they will reach out to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
062c72fc
Community Member

I add new payment method but my account still suspended and I can't hire

Hi Roman,

I'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your concern. You can check here or your email for updates and don't hesitate to communicate if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
9f578847
Community Member

Hi,

Anyone can help me when I'm trying to click "get paid" it showed that my financial accout got suspended. What will I do I already sent message to support but I did not get any response. 

Thanks! 

Hi Odette Ann,

I can see that you've reached out to our team regarding your concern and a support ticket has been created. Please allow our team time to review your account and you should be getting an update here or in your email with assistance on how to proceed. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
feac294c
Community Member

Hello my account was suspended during my work.  and suddenly my account was suspended. Please help me to sort it out.

Hi Prateek,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
denys-ihnatenko
Community Member

I'm from Ukraine and My account has been suspended, but I can not get any emails from Upwork.com.

I'm not sure why my account has been suspended...

This account is very important for me. If anyone can help me, that will be helpful.

thank you

Hi Denise,

I can see that you've reached out to us with the same concern and a support ticket has been created. Please allow our team time to review your account and you should be getting an update through that ticket. Please don't hesitate to communicate with our team if you need further assistance. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
bakhsh_imam
Community Member

Hello everyone.

.  .  .  I have an issue.Help me to resolve that one.For Id Verification I unintentionally put the wrong date of birth.In visual verification one of the asker of upwork asked me my age I told him the one which I put up in the ID Verification(which becomes Almost 16 years.The asker said your account is being suspended due to under age.I immediately email the upwork and told them the issue which is now being processed.I request the members please have again Id and Visual verification and not to suspend.my account.

Hi Imam,

I'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your concern. You can check here or your email for updates. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
0a8212a2
Community Member

I have another account on upwork but when i login to that account this error appear to me "Your account is suspended. Please check your email for more information or contact customer support." i use apple sign in , i don't know why that happen 

please help me 

Hi Abdo,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
45fa4ecc
Community Member

Hello All. I received an instruction to verify my account when I was doing a job for my client. I verify my identity but unfortunately my account was suspended. Please help me out, can I withdraw my fund. I need my account to be restored, I don't want to leave the great platform

Hi Temilola,

~Andrea
Upwork
45fa4ecc
Community Member

Hello Andrea,

when the issue be fixed.

45fa4ecc
Community Member

Hello Andrea, you said you will help out but you help. Do you enjoy my account been suspended here.

Hi Temilola,

Thank you for following up. I assure you that we are trying to help. I reached out to the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further with your account status. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
45fa4ecc
Community Member

Hello Andrea,

have your team do anything yet.

muzayr
Community Member

Good Day,

My account has been suspended. I want to re-submit my documents for verification please assist.

Hi Uzair,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your account. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
digitalkrishd
Community Member

Hello Team,

My Upwork account is disabled without any reason when I'm still working for two clients on hourly projects. First, they disabled my project dashboard I complained to them 3 days back but still have not received any response from them.

Then again today when I'm trying to submit a proposal I noticed submit proposal option is not working.

I try to check my profile in incognito mode and found "This profile is no longer available."

I have not received any email from the Upwork team regarding this suspension.

Please help me with how can I fix this.

Thanks

Hi Krishnendu,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your account. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly to assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
garma_shareen_ma
Community Member

I don't understand why submitting a proposal for a job isn't available . i looked for an answer online it says that i cannot work as a freelancer, that i need to have an agency . i'm new here and clearly i have no i dea how it works.

Hi Shareen,

I have escalated your concern and one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket. Feel free to check here for updates and communicate with the team if you need further assistance. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
igorklykov
Community Member

Hello! I see on top of my account alert - "Your account has been suspended. Please contact customer support." That's why my access to Upwork is restricted, but all problems that was in my account is solved. What can I do to continue my working process without restrictions?

Would appreciate any help. Thanks

Hi Igor,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page. Please consider following up on the ticket so that our team can assist you further with your account.

~ Nikola
Upwork
mairazafar400
Community Member

Hello! My account was suspended and I have complied with what I was asked. However, the support is not responding to my request. My ticket number is #35851989. Thanks

Hi Maira,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your account. I see that you have already responded to the support ticket initiated on your Upwork account. Please note that all inquiries via a support ticket are handled in the order in which they are received. Please allow 24-48 hours for the team to review and respond to your ticket. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep,

It has been more than 48 hours now. But no one is answering. Please let me know. Thanks

Hi Maira,

I've followed up with the team handling your support ticket. You should receive an update soon.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths