🐈
» Forums » Support » Suspended Account
Page options
cybercom
Community Member

Suspended Account

Hello,

We are agency and we had an account with upwork since many years. We were busy with the other work. Since last few years we were not accepting the freelancing work due to business contracts.

Now we want to start with the freelancing work again. When i login to my account i see a message "Your account has been suspended". We alreay have work history on upwork. Can someone help me to get the account active.

Thanks & Regards,

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Amani,

If the action buttons that you usually use are grayed out, the Trust & Safety team may have suspended your account. In that case, you will have received a support ticket with an email notification about the action on your account. Please refer to your ticket here and reply to the email if you have any questions for the team.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

769 REPLIES 769
natedegrave
Community Member

I have had nothing but issues. I cannot view or edit my freelancer membership plan. I cannot submit proposals. I cannot buy connects. It says that my account has been limited and to contact customer service but there is no customer service. I just want to start working and earning some money but I have been blocked every step of the way. I hope there is a employee or team member out there who can help me.

Hi Nathan,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you with this.

~Andrea
Upwork

Thank you. I will be awaiting a response.

I have not received a response yet.

5402d462
Community Member

Hi There

my account is suspended i need to recover it back in working conditions.

Please help me out.

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for your message. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
rouchelle-thomas
Community Member

Hello 

my account has been suspended and I've sent an email but I haven't received a reply. 
please let me know how can o restore my account. 

thanks 

Hi Rouchelle,

Please allow some time for our team to review your reply and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hello 

I received an email that my account has been suspended. 

I have replied to that email but I haven't received a response. 
Please let me know how can I restore my account 

4761d3c4
Community Member

I've been told by the talent I've hired that they cannot accept the offer in order to submit completed work due to my account being "temporarily suspended". I have not received an email notification or anything other message when logging in regarding this matter.

I have attempted to get in touch with upwork directly via email or raise a support ticket but cannot find the contact information anywhere on the website.

Can you please urgently look into this matter and confirm the status of my account?

I need this matter resolved asap as my clients are awaiting these files and there is no reason for my account to be suspended.

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mohammed,

I checked with the team and they were able to clear the issue with your account!

~Andrea
Upwork
jewel_jes
Community Member

Hello Pradeep H, 

My upwork journey started in 2010. When Upwork was named oDesk. 

At that time I was working in the administrative support category. And at the same time I keep learning HTML, CSS, JavaScript, PSD to HTML and WordPress theme customization. 

My account was suspended after completing 1654 hours in my own account and 3552 hours in the agency. 

(Exactly why it was suspended, I can't remember exactly, I can't access my existing support ticket at this moment, when I click on the title of a ticket it is constantly loading, but not opening. )

After suspended my account I  concentrated on my skill development and started working in some local companies after learning digital marketing in addition to the above mentioned topics. 

After 7 years now I want to start my upwork journey again. 

In this case, I would like to draw the attention of the esteemed admins and moderators of this community to the issue of whether to reactivate my suspended account or allow me to create a new account. 

I promise that if I am allowed to re-open my suspended account or create a new account, I will abide by all the rules of Upwork with utmost care and utmost caution.

I promise that if I am allowed to re-open my suspended account or create a new account, I will abide by all the rules of Upwork with utmost care and utmost caution. 

I expect thoughtful feedback from experts associated with this community. 

Thanks everyone.

Hello there,

We're so excited to have you back. Arjay here stepping in for Pradeep. I'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with reinstating your account. You can check here or your email for updates. 

~ Arjay
Upwork

We have the same problem hopefully they give justice to our account.

sagarpk77
Community Member

Hello,

When I open the upwork account, I see that my account has been suspended. Then I go to support and go to support and see a ticket open but that ticket looks Solved. I open it and reply. But since yesterday I have not been able to get any reply even after trying about five to six times. I have some important project i need to fix it soon as possible. 

Thanks

Hi Sagar,

Thank you for your message. I see that we have already received your response on the related support ticket. Please note that all inquiries via a support ticket are handled in the order in which they are received. It may take up to 24-48 hours for the team to review and respond to your support ticket. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello Pradeep
I'm really disappointed. Because already 48 hours have passed and I still can't get any reply for my ticket. I tried about 9 to 10 times but they didn't reply.You said you would contact me in 24 to 48 hours. But I have not received any reply so far.Please reply me quickly,

Thanks

Hi Sagar,

Thank you for your message. I understand how important this is for you. I see that your support ticket is already in the queue. I will follow up with the team to expedite a response to your support ticket. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
sagarpk77
Community Member

Thanks but already 24 hours already passed. I need to fix it quickly sir

adcvillar
Community Member

Hi,

I have had this account since the odesk days, as far as I can remember I had this account 10-12 years back. I've always been a decent freelancer and abiding by their rules and policies... So here's my story that I want to share, 2013 I moved to another country for a regular job and I hadn't had the time to visit this website back to its odesk days, came 2015 I finally decided to revisit my profile and it is now called upwork, I tried to update my profile and I got a notification that my account has been permanently suspended, I tried to appeal with the chat agents but it seems that they cannot give any solid reason why my account was permanently suspended since the company turned from odesk to upwork. I believe that this was a big mistake from their side and I should be getting justice. I have good ratings and legit badges where I've taken exams (odesk days) to be credible and my ratings are always decent. I have spent a lot of time and money as I'm both a freelancer and a client of this website. I am sharing some of the convos I have earlier with the Upwork Chat Support Agents.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

I am trying to win back my account is there still a way, I just resubmitted an appeal, hope someone from their team investigates it fully and reconsiders my appeal, and gives justice to my account.
Meanwhile here is some proof that I have been always a good freelancer from this website.
 **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Allan,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your account. I see that you have already submitted an appeal via a support ticket. One of our team members will review your appeal and reach out to you via the same ticket as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you for responding to this. Hopefully, I get justice to my account.

anthonymaingi
Community Member

Hello,

So I notice that I cannot submit proposals on my Upwork freelancer profile. The submit a proposal button is inactive!

I have a client account as well and I think that it is currently in good order. Please let me know if I have been suspended for some reason or what else could be the issue with my account.

Hi Antony,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Upon checking, I saw a suspension on your account. I shared this with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
3c50e93f
Community Member

Hello,
I had to break the rules of upwork by creating a second account because with my first one I can't create a topic and therefore receive help for my problem. Would it be possible that my main account can create topics?

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Atrox,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more info about the account you need help with?

~Andrea
Upwork
3c50e93f
Community Member

Done

murphy_shannon
Community Member

I have not been active on Upwork and I was really looking forward to getting started again but I cannot submit any proposals. I did look in MY Requests and I have a bunch there. THey all say solved though. I don't know which one would still be causing issues.

Hi Shannon,

I'll have one of our team members reach out to you and set up a support ticket with your concern. You can check here or your email for updates and please don't hesitate to communicate through that ticket if you need further assistance. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
f9615f52
Community Member

i have completed my profile but forget to verify  my  identification and the send proposal button not working i want  to activate it but when i click to cerfication link the page not found i need help please and thanks in advance

Hi Belal,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding this issue.  I reached out to the team assigned to your ticket and they will reach out to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
isabella_arao
Community Member

Hello Andrea & Nikola, 

I am in need of help. An account of my friend got suspended due to an authenticator code. When he logged in on UpWork, he was asked for the code but he no longer has an authenticator code on his phone so when he wasn't able to provide the code, he cleared the cache. He has all access to his accounts such as email and phone number, however, it no longer lets him log in to the account using other methods as it says "your account is suspended" after. Is there any way to retrieve his account? We do hope you can retrieve it because he still has funds in that account that got stuck. 

His email is **Edited for Community Guidelines**

We have contacted support already. I'm not sure if they have created a ticket as well, please do check and respond back. Hoping to hear from you as soon as possible. Thank you! 

Hi Ma Isabella,

We won't be able to discuss the status of another user's account for privacy and security reasons. Please, refer to this help article for general reasons why our Trust & Safety team may take action on an account. In addition, if your friend has already contacted our Customer Support team, you can rest assured they'll be following up with him through a support ticket, which he should be able to access through the email that's associated with his account.
~ Luiggi
Upwork
4ee7b384
Community Member

Hello Upwork Moderator, 

My account went to ON HOLD and then suspended with in few hours and got a message that required identity verification. I submitted couple of verifications but still my account is on SUSPENDED MODE. I never violated any rules of upwork and tried my level best to work as per policy.
Can any moderator or concerned person check my account and help in resuming my work. I also have $892 in my upwork wallet.
Waiting for kind response
Regards,
Shawn E

Dear Concern,

I am not able to withdraw my hard earned money from my upwork wallet. I submitted identity verification (Driving license and personal bank statement) and all sorts of verification that Upwork asked for.
But no response on when my account will get resume. I already sent an email and ticket and waiting for response to uplift the hold.
Please do the needful. I am really concerned aur surprised on how Upwork is holding my hard earned money. 
Regards

Hi Shawn,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you've been communicating with our team and a support ticket has been set up about your concern. Please allow our team time to review your account and concern and they will surely respond accordingly. I highly suggest you continue communicating with the team through that ticket for updates and further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
d0d461eb
Community Member

2 months ago my account was suspended, I was told that I could respond to the 'request' confirming that I have reread the terms of service and then the suspension would be lifted. However, there is no reply option anywhere. I don't know if it's because it was marked as solved or not? I need to get this sorted, please help.

Hi Caylin,

I have reached out to the team handling your case and one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket. Please don't hesitate to communicate through this support ticket for updates and further assistance. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
b09ad86b
Community Member

My account got suspended and someone message me with support ticket  but its being so much day passed but he is not replying my message meanwhile many old client want to hire me they only trust me with the job...

upwork just banned me by listening my one rude client report ,i am doing job with thousand of client's so its obvious that one client can be rude from those and upwork just banned me for this one client...

upwork don't care about other 100 client who give me good feedback??? that is not making any kind of sense ????

Hi Hasanur,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths