🐈
» Forums » Support » Suspended Account
Page options
cybercom
Community Member

Suspended Account

Hello,

We are agency and we had an account with upwork since many years. We were busy with the other work. Since last few years we were not accepting the freelancing work due to business contracts.

Now we want to start with the freelancing work again. When i login to my account i see a message "Your account has been suspended". We alreay have work history on upwork. Can someone help me to get the account active.

Thanks & Regards,

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Amani,

If the action buttons that you usually use are grayed out, the Trust & Safety team may have suspended your account. In that case, you will have received a support ticket with an email notification about the action on your account. Please refer to your ticket here and reply to the email if you have any questions for the team.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

769 REPLIES 769
bouchahmawassim
Community Member

My account has been suspended, I just made my account few weeks ago, I was inactive for a while. But today, I checked the account and boom, it has been suspended. Please let me know what is the issue.

Hi Wassim,

It looks like the team notified you about the status of your account here. You can find the corresponding email notification on your inbox and reply from there. 

~Andrea
Upwork
0df16f4a
Community Member

Help!

I am online teacher , teaching students via zoom and my web blog and get payments from them through upwork direct contracts.

couple of days ago upwork restrict my account without any reason, and hold my all payments , I talk with them on upwork support they did not response correctly , I am very distrub from this. 

Any senior suggest me what should i do on this situation how can i withdraw my fund

Hi Kateryna,

I have checked your account and it looks like our team already reached out to you with details that are associated with your concern. I highly suggest you communicate with the team through here or your email so that they can assist you more efficiently.

~ Arjay
Upwork
avigma
Community Member

Hi Community,

Our upwork account was suspended and it was asked to verify documents. I have uploaded the document but utility bill of Google Fiber they rejected, so I again sent Engery Bill of mine under my name but no replies from Upwork team for the ticket: 36092940 even after 24 hours. Is there anyone in upwork help team who can get it resolved for me. Thanks for the help in advance.

Regards,

Mike

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your message. I see we have already received your response via the support ticket and one of our team members will respond to you as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
avigma
Community Member

Hi Pradeep,

I did video call yesterday and I received one email from Upwork, that my profile is successfully verified after the video call. But account is still showing suspended. Can you please help get it normal again.

Hi Mike,

I checked your account and it looks like you already have an open ticket with our verification team. Please allow them time to review and update you directly on the same ticket to assist further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
znakrv
Community Member

Hi, all

I see this message on the top of all my pages and have a similar message:
"Your account has been suspended. Please contact customer support."

Can someone help me with this message?

Hi Serhii,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
angela_stef
Community Member

Please resolve this issue, I followed the instructions I got and contacted support team by email and haven't recieved any feedback or help ever since. Thank you in advance. 

Hi Angela,

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. I have escalated your concern and one of the members will reach out to you via a support ticket. Don't hesitate to check this page or your email for updates and further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
ee8cafd4
Community Member

Hi, got message on dashboard "Your account has been suspended. Please contact customer support." - what happened to my account? i have a freelancer working on my milestone

Hi Max,

I have checked and it looks like our team have reached out to you via a support ticket with information about the suspension of your account. Feel free to check here or your email and I suggest you communicate with the team so that they can assist you more efficiently.

~ Arjay
Upwork
ikhtiyordev
Community Member

Hi,

I want to get help to unsuspend my upwork account please.

Thanks

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Ikhtiyor,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
azmarc
Community Member

I got my first contract on upwork, a direct contract, and just then - I got the message asking for verification.

I have sent the ID card as well as selfie. It said it should happen within minutes and upto 1 business day. 

I am looking to expedite the process and thats why I am reaching out here!

Hi Abdullah,

I can see that you've reached out to us with your concern and several tickets have been created. Please allow our team time to review your case and you should be getting an update here as soon as it's been sorted out. Please avoid creating several tickets or posts for the same concern so that the team could assist you more efficiently. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
azmarc
Community Member

Thank you for reaching out to me. Its been over the expected time and I have no response to my ticket IDs nor to my profile verification. Can you help me please? I have pending work and this is causing me problems. 

Hi Abdullah, 

I totally understand why you really want this issue resolved immediately. As I mentioned in my previous response, please avoid creating multiple tickets with the same concern so that the team can handle them accordingly and more efficiently. I have submitted a follow-up to the team handling this issue so please expect an update through this page from them. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
7071a1c6
Community Member

Hi, i have been finding it difficult to fund a milestone. I have been using my card to fund more than 2 milestone so far. On the third one i got an error message. " you don't have a valid billing method on file with upwork. please correct this before making an offer."
I tried many times and even tried clearing the cache. No result!

I tried using about four more cards, my mom, friend, mine and my bro.

Soon, i got a notification that my finance was suspended. I am guessing for trying so many times. 
How do i reactivate it and resolve this error. I have already given a talent work to do for me and i would like to meet the deadline for this project. 
Thanks

please this is urgent!!!

Hi Gabriel,

I have escalated your concern and one of the team members will reach out to you via a support ticket. You can access your ticket on this page and don't hesitate to communicate if you're in need of further assistance.

For the time being, feel free to check these articles for more details on how to best manage your billing methods. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
7071a1c6
Community Member

Hi, after issue was resolved i still get this error "You don't have a valid billing method on file with Upwork. Please correct this before making an offer.". What can i do?

I have added two billing methods on my account and they are accepted. I am thinking may be my card is blacklisted my upwork for trying multiple times. Please help me have a look.

Thanks

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Gabriel,

I can see you were able to reply to your support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
aed1ed6b
Community Member

Please my account was suspended without ToS violation no email

Please my account was suspende without ToS violation no email ive checked spam evrything i cant pm so i created this client account i will delete this account after my issue is fixed please help me and i created ticket on my actual account more than 48hrs no response please im scared i dont want to loose my account

aed1ed6b_0-1659134469621.png

Hi Osemudiamen,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Osemudiamen,

Could you please reach out to me via PM (click on my name) with the email address associated with your original account so that I can review and assist you accordingly? Looking forward to your response.

~ Arjay
Upwork
aed1ed6b
Community Member

okay thank you so much i will do that now

Hi Osemudiamen,

I did receive your message and I've submitted a follow-up to the team handling your case. You should be getting an update through the support ticket linked to your original account shortly. Please don't hesitate to communicate if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
d3bf6096
Community Member

Hello community,

My account was suspended and I dont know why. I have check my email and it said I didnt verify my identity but I already verified.

I have made to tickets to support as it said and no one replied or did anything and I feel completely ignored. 

What should I do?

Hi Mina,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
lalarukh_khan
Community Member

Hello, 
Hope you'll doing great. My upwork is showing that I can't withdraw my payment. However I assure upwork to not violate the terms and conditions, also my account had been restored since a month. I'm sending proposals and got offers too.  And still I can't withdraw my payment which I need very urgently. 
Seeking upwork help!

Kind Regards

Hi Lalarukh,

I'll have one of our team members reach out to you via a support ticket. You can access your ticket on this page and don't hesitate to communicate with the team if you need further assistance. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
4ed888e7
Community Member

My account was suspended yesterday (August 2nd, 2022) yet I never violated the ToS or received an email explaining why I was suspended or how I can appeal my suspension. I am now asking for help here on a client account with a different email. I am wondering if any moderators could help me out. Thanks. 

Hi Fisher,

Could you please reach out to me via PM (click on my name) with the email address associated with your original account so that I can assist you further? Thank you.

***Edited for updates***

This is a confirmation that I did receive your message and thank you for providing your account information. I can see that the team reached out to you via email to explain why your account has been suspended. Please check the email associated with the account in question so that you can have it reviewed. Let me know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
amahmoud4618
Community Member

Hi

I've been asked to provide a documents for Verification, yet the process takes so long, and I was so close for winning a contract from a potential client,  after discussing the requirements for many days.

Request #36239989

Best,

Ahmed 

Hi Ahmed,

I can see you were able to update support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review, as they are the ones who can best assist you, and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hello Andrea,

My account already verified and the suspendsion ended two days ago, now I got suspended again after two days, kindly check. I updated the main support ticket 36239989

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths