🐈
» Forums » Support » Suspended Account
Page options
cybercom
Community Member

Suspended Account

Hello,

We are agency and we had an account with upwork since many years. We were busy with the other work. Since last few years we were not accepting the freelancing work due to business contracts.

Now we want to start with the freelancing work again. When i login to my account i see a message "Your account has been suspended". We alreay have work history on upwork. Can someone help me to get the account active.

Thanks & Regards,

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Amani,

If the action buttons that you usually use are grayed out, the Trust & Safety team may have suspended your account. In that case, you will have received a support ticket with an email notification about the action on your account. Please refer to your ticket here and reply to the email if you have any questions for the team.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

769 REPLIES 769

Hi Anup,

Rest assured, you already have a ticket with the number 33571766. Our team will update your ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further directly there. You can access your tickets on this link. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
cybercom
Community Member

Hello,

I checked the given link and there I can not find any ticket with the number 33571766.

It shows the request created before 3 years. Please provide us the correct link to check the ticket updates.

Thanks & Regards,

Hi Anup,

Our team has just followed up on your ticket and you should see it under your ticket section. You can also follow up from the email notification you have received as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

can you help me? My account got suspended. I don't know why.

cybercom
Community Member

Hello,

We have one more question. Does Agency require to provide the GST or PAN Number? If we have not submitted it yet does it suspend our account temporaryly?

Thanks & Regards,

Hi Anup,

Thank you for your message. A law effective on October 1, 2020 required e-commerce operators outside of India (such as Upwork) to collect TDS on payments made to service providers (such as the freelancers and agencies that use Upwork) based in India. Freelancers from India will need to add a PAN number in order to keep the withholding tax at 1% of their earnings otherwise, a 5% tax is withheld from earnings for freelancers that have not provided a PAN. There will be no suspension or hold placed on the account for not providing your PAN number.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
143d479c
Community Member

Hey thanks for the super helpful reply. I'm not sure how I missed that thread. I haven't quite mastered the search function on here. The Information you shared above is great. I have been reading all you shared here. In this you explained everything very well. Thanks I am going to bookmark this https://community.upwork.com/t5/Agencies/Account-suspended/td-p/997302-results.

Anyone have solution of my problem. Kindly guide me here https://community.upwork.com/t5/Agencies/Account-suspended/td-p/997302-reviews

Hi Shik,

Thank you for your message. We will be happy to assist you if you could please clarify your concern further?

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
238cf04c
Community Member

I have the same problem too, i made this account ~2 years ago but i never had much use for it until now but haven't been able to use it coz of the "your account has been suspended please contact customer care" message in the app

Hi Ismail,

You will need to complete the pending verification on your end. You can refer to the details our team has shared on your ticket here and once you're ready feel free to start the process. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
muhammadasad58
Community Member

I have the same problem too, Your account has been suspended., showing at the top of the page. Kindly someone let me know how can resolve the issue as I am worried about it. any guidance will be appreciated,

Regards

Hi Muhammad,

I checked this for you and our team has reached out to you regarding your account status. Please check this link for the ticket related to your concern or check the last email sent to you by our team which details what steps you should take to lift the hold on your account. 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
bautistajoancel
Community Member

Hi,

My account has been suspended several years ago. What should I do so I can resume working. Thank you

Hi Joancel,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Community Member

Hello. My account was suspended, I reviewed and replied to the email accepting all terms and conditions but the account has not yet been unblocked.

Hello Nicole. My account was suspended, I reviewed and replied to the email accepting all terms and conditions but the account has not yet been unblocked. How else can i reach out to the customer service

Hi Kid,

Thank you for your message. I see that you are already communicating with the team via a support ticket. One of our team members will reach out to you as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork
f3188cd5
Community Member

I created this account yesterday. now this is suspended why? what i do?

Hi Iftekhar,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your account. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
f3188cd5
Community Member

I created account yesterday.. and fill up all those option what are upwork provide. how i know why this happend? how i recover it clearly

Hi Iftekhar,

I checked and it seems that you are already in correspondence with our team on your support ticket. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
f3188cd5
Community Member

Thanks Nikola.. I recieved a message. 

8129fd96
Community Member

Hello, My account is suspended, I can't login to it anymore

this account is a secondary account

Hi Odesus,

Thanks for reaching out. Can you please click on my name and send me a PM with the registered email address of the account you're needing assistance with? I'll look into it and assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
identname
Community Member

Hello, the functionality on my account has been limited due to suspended operations in Russia and Belarus but me myself am in Georgia, can you please help me with activation?

Hi Prezio,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
zeeshan-aqeel
Community Member

Hi there.
I previously opened a request, and I got a reply from the Upwork support team that my account is restricted because of some noncompliance with policies in 1 catalog that I made.
And also misrepresentation in profile description...

I understand and I replied back in the mail that I'll keep in mind the terms and conditions of Upwork, But, I got no reply from Upwork...

I have changed the description as mentioned in the mail and also I can't currently access my catalog dashboard so I can't be able to edit it currently...

Kindy, have a look at that and give me the access to edit the catalog so I can start submitting the proposals and the proposal button can't be clicked.

Thanking you in anticipation.
Thanks.

Hi Muhammad, 

I looked into this for you, and I can see that the team reached out to you through this support ticket. Kindly reply on the same ticket thread so that the team handling your account concern can assist you more efficiently. 

~ Avery
Upwork
f8c9f52f
Community Member

Hello Everyone!

I am waiting for more than two days so Upwork Verify my Govt ID verification but It still says "We’re reviewing your ID, which can take up to 1 business day" and the header notification is "Action required: Verify your identity by 04/18/2022 UTC to continue winning jobs on Upwork."

Your comments will really help me.

Thanks

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Yasir, 

I apologize for the delay, as I had to look into this further. The team has reviewed your documents, and you now have the ID Verification Badge on your profile. 

~ Avery
Upwork
f8c9f52f
Community Member

Thank you Avery! I really appreciate your efforts. 

1c91f176
Community Member

Hello upwork Team ! The account you have blocked is my main account. Please unblock it and block the other one. I don't know when I created that other one. You are requested to please unblock this account.  Otherwise I will suffer a great loss.

I hope for the best from you.

Regards

Fatima Ali

Hi Fatima,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding your account status. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
a22e7726
Community Member

Hi...my account is on hold .

Upwork asked for a response I gave them but they have gone silent.

I have a client interviewing me and I don't want to loose the job due to this hold.

Thanks

Hi Felix,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you are already in correspondence with our team on your support ticketPlease allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
a22e7726
Community Member

Thanks
sarakhan84
Community Member

My account is restricted and i’ve performed all necessary steps stil its restricted and no one replies on my ticket

Hi Umair,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
natserrob2629
Community Member

I'm trying to submit a proposal but it's greyed out. Yesterday, it was saying "my account was suspended". Today, it doesn't say that anymore but I still can't submit a proposal. I also have my profile as "Public". Also, I don't see the ID verification option anymore in my settings. Oh, and one more thing, It says my Paypal is "inactive". I'm really sorry for the inconvenience. Help me please? Thank you! 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths