🐈
» Forums » Support » Suspended Account
Page options
cybercom
Community Member

Suspended Account

Hello,

We are agency and we had an account with upwork since many years. We were busy with the other work. Since last few years we were not accepting the freelancing work due to business contracts.

Now we want to start with the freelancing work again. When i login to my account i see a message "Your account has been suspended". We alreay have work history on upwork. Can someone help me to get the account active.

Thanks & Regards,

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Amani,

If the action buttons that you usually use are grayed out, the Trust & Safety team may have suspended your account. In that case, you will have received a support ticket with an email notification about the action on your account. Please refer to your ticket here and reply to the email if you have any questions for the team.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

769 REPLIES 769

Hi Yasir,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
yasirecommerize
Community Member

Hello upwork team please review account and fix my account thanks

Hi Muhammad,

Thanks for reaching out. I can see that you've created a support ticket regarding your concern. Please note that the relevant team will be following up with you through that ticket within the next 48 hours. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
yusuf_bel
Community Member

Hello,

I recently passed the verification process of my Upwork account, it was a bit late but the verification went successfully with the Upwork agent as well as ID verification. Yet, today I was surprised that my account got suspended and I didn’t start a job yet.

Please can you provide a solution to this issue or explain what went wrong.

Hi Youssef,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I have escalated your concern and one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with verifying your account. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
b08c3a22
Community Member

Hi.

I checked my account and found this:

"Your account has been suspended. Please contact customer support."

I haven't check my account for a long time. I want to continue working in this platform, but can't now. I would be glad to get help to unlock my account now.

Thanks

Hi Ibrahim,

I checked your account and found that an email was sent to you regarding why your account was suspended. Kindly check this ticket or the corresponding email sent to you.

~ AJ
Upwork
abudahir
Community Member

Hello 

for some reason, I have this note which says 

Your account has been suspended. Please contact customer support 
and I didn't know how to fix it 
it would be appreciated if someone could help me solve the suspension problem 

thank you in front 

Hi Abdurrahman,

Thank you for reaching out. A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
pathak-nitesh
Community Member

I try to contact customer support team but they didn't give any response on this issue. I am working on a project on hourly basis but due to my account suspended I am unable to withdrawal payment.

Hi Nitesh,

I checked your account and I can confirm that one of our agents reached out to you regarding your account status. Please check your ticket here and kindly follow the steps they have provided on the ticket to restore access to your account. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
fa35104e
Community Member

My Upwork account was suspended. As a reason for suspension, they are saying that I have opened multiple accounts.

I noticed that I had an inactive account I had opened 3/4 years ago. I had forgot about that account.

Now, as my account is suspended, will I be able to withdraw that pending amount? If not, then what can I do in this situation?

Hi Abdullah,

I can see that you've been communicating with the team handling your case and there are support tickets created with your concern. I highly suggest you continue communicating with our team through that ticket for updates and further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
fa35104e
Community Member

Can you please explain how the ticket works?

Thank you

Hi Abdullah,

Thank you for the follow-up. Please allow our team 24-48 hours to review your account along with your concern and they will respond or provide updates through those support tickets. You can check here for the list of tickets or your email for updates. I hope this clarifies.

~ Arjay
Upwork
fa35104e
Community Member

Hello Ajay,

Will I be able to withdraw the money I have pending on my UpWork account given the fact that my account is suspended? 

Thanks

I have got a support ticket yesterday. But I didn't recieve any reply or response yet. How long should I have to wait? It is urgent

Hi Abdullah,

If your account is restricted with a temporary hold while we review it, you will still be able to log into Upwork and manage/complete any current work. You will not be able to post any jobs, submit proposals, start any new contracts or withdraw funds. Typically, we will reactivate your account when you fix the problem outlined in our email and commit to following our TOS in the future.

If the offense is serious enough or if you've repeatedly violated our TOS, we may permanently block your account. In this case, you will not be able to log into your account and are no longer allowed to use Upwork. I hope this clarifies.

~ Arjay
Upwork
fa35104e
Community Member

My Upwork account was suspended. As a reason for suspension, they are saying that I have opened multiple accounts.   I noticed that I had an inactive account I had opened 3/4 years ago. I had forgot about that account. Now, as my account is suspended, will I be able to withdraw that pending amount? If not, then what can I do in this situation?

My Upwork account was suspended. As a reason for suspension, they are saying that I have opened multiple accounts. I noticed that I had an inactive account I had opened 3/4 years ago. I had forgot about that account. Now, as my account is suspended, will I be able to withdraw that pending amount? If not, then what can I do in this situation?

akashasikur
Community Member

My financial account was suspended temporarily. From Upwork support, I got a mail and they said me the reason is I share malicious links. For that, they temporarily suspend my financial account. After I follow the support ticket and answer them that I am a web developer that's why I have to share links with clients and try to make things clear.

But It has been 3 days since I can't get any reply from support!  Please help me what should I have to do now ?

Thank you 

Asikur Akash

Hi Asikur,

I am sorry to hear about your account status. I reached out to the team handling your case and shared your report. One of our agents will follow up with you on your ticket to assist you further. You can access your support ticket here. I've merged all other tickets that you've opened onto that one to keep everything in one place.

~ AJ
Upwork
a6c36b0e
Community Member

Hello,

I have just completed my profile. I am searching for jobs, however, the proposal button is grey and nor clickable.

Please advise

Hi Praminder,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
534f1862
Community Member

Greetings, everyone!

my main account was suspended for an unknown reason as per the e-mail I received from **edited for Community Guidelines** and they said I had to go through a verification process and that they'll respons in 24 hours. I have done everything in order to complete the verification process but I still haven't received anything from the support team. I have tried to reply to the e-mail multiple times and still nothing.

what do I do in this case? How can I contact the support team and get this issue fixed?

Thanks,

Ali

Hi All,

Could you please reach out to me via PM (click on my name) with more details about your original account so that I can assist you further? Thank you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
534f1862
Community Member

Can you please check the DM I sent you? Much appreciated!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, 

Arjay is currently away, but I'll be happy to help you. Could you please share the ticket where you are being assisted by the team so that we can look into this for you?

~ Avery
Upwork
534f1862
Community Member

Dear Avery, 

Thank you for getting back to me. 

I don't believe there is a ticket open regarding this, but I am not sure. How do I check the ticket? 

Regards,

Ali

534f1862
Community Member

Dear Avery,

Kindly note that the ticket ID is 35302989

Regards,

Ali

534f1862
Community Member

Dear Avery,

Kindly ignore my last reply regarding the ticket ID 35302989 it is the wrong one. Sorry for the inconvenience. 

There is no ticket open for the Issue I am currently facing "Account Suspended".

Hi All V,

Thank you for the follow-up. I'm sorry if we weren't able to get back to you sooner. I can see that the team handling your case is currently working on your concern via a support ticket. I highly suggest you continue communicating with our team through the email address associated with your account for updates and further assistance. We seek your patience and understanding while we address the issue.

~ Arjay
Upwork
fc1bef66
Community Member

We're unable to post your job because your company has been suspended. Contact Upwork Support for more information. Error [711738926a4a4a6b-SEA, 711738926a4a4a6b-SEA]

How can I fix this? 

Hi there,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
8be35780
Community Member

When I was 17 I had no idea that I wasn't able to make an account on here. I'm 18 now and trying to make a new account but my old account has the phone number I need to use. Is there anyway I can get that number moved to my new account?

Hi Tatume,

I have escalated your concern and I'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
8be35780
Community Member

Hi there!

Thank you for reaching out.

It's been a few days and I have not seen this ticket. Is there anyway to do this by email or maybe the ticket did not go through. Thank you!!! 🙂

Hi Tatume,

Thank you for the follow-up. I'm really sorry for the delay. I've also sent a follow-up to the team handling your case. They will be providing an update through a support ticket regarding your concern. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while we sort this out for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
8be35780
Community Member

Hey there thank you! As of today I still haven't seen the request! 

5affea31
Community Member

Hello Team, Hope you are doing good.

Recently i have made profile on upwork and got rejected without intimate me any reason. Also i didn't receive any mail regarding rejection. Anyone in the team please help me to sort out this or atleast tell me the reason of rejection so that i can correct my profile.

My Profile Link:- https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~012a111d9ab35d4f9c

Deepanshi

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths