🐈
» Forums » Support » TIN and VAT ID problem
Page options
igbnc
Community Member

TIN and VAT ID problem

Hi,

I need help with TIN and VAT ID for Croatia, we submitted the TIN as HR + our companies OIB, and VAT ID as OIB since it asks for 11 characters even though VAT ID is also prefixed with HR usually. The rejection email says Upwork is unable to verify tax ID number(s). Our company is active and working so we cannot figure out what the problem could be.

5 REPLIES 5
ArjayM

Hi Igor,

I'm sorry you're having difficulties getting your VAT ID verified. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Arjay
Upwork
0ae2d736
Community Member

Greetings,

I am having the same exact problem. What should I do?

Sincerely,

Josip.

Hi Josip,

I am sorry to hear about the issue faced by you while updating your VAT ID. I checked your account and can confirm your VAT ID was rejected as we were unable to verify your VAT ID. Please reach out to your local Tax Advisor or Registry to verify your VAT ID.

- Pradeep

Upwork
0ae2d736
Community Member

Dear Pradeep,

the problem is the difference in the VAT format between what Upwork requires (11 digits) versus the Croatian standard (2 letters + 11 digits). I see nothing a Tax Advisor could do about this. But I have a question if this doesn't work out. If Upwork charges that certain VAT percentage on their website, is one obliged to pay the same VAT AGAIN in their respective country? Can I obtain a document that I can show to tax authorities that confirm that Upwork has already charged the tax? It would make no sense for a user to have to pay twice the amount.

Sincerely,

Josip.

I understand your concern, Josip. Let me share your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep 

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths