🐈
» Forums » Support » The Upwork app stopped working
Page options
danielmbcn
Community Member

The Upwork app stopped working

As usual, Upwork decided to break one more time the IT golden rule ("don't change what it's working") and now, after the last app Update, I'm not able to login or to give access to the app, since it's stuck in this "Continue" button in the "Authorize application" page. I click and nothing happens:
Screenshot from 2023-12-08 09-44-32.png

So I can't log hours. Now what?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Pradeep,

I just reinstalled the app and the issue seems to be solved. Probably after the last app update there was some dependency mismatch with my system or whatever.

Have a nice weekend.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
PradeepH

Hi Daniel,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble starting your Upwork Desktop App. Could you please try again after clearing Cookies and Cache on your browser? Once done, please close your Upwork Desktop App from the Task Manager and try restarting it again. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep,

Thanks for your answer but unfortunately none of those solutions worked for me, even after restarting the computer. My operating system is Ubuntu Linux 18.04 and this is what I get when I start the Upwork app in the console, if it's helpful:

$ upwork
undefined
(node:4112) [DEP0005] DeprecationWarning: Buffer() is deprecated due to security and usability issues. Please use the Buffer.alloc(), Buffer.allocUnsafe(), or Buffer.from() methods instead.
(Use `upwork --trace-deprecation ...` to show where the warning was created)
[4157:1209/152350.618180:ERROR:sandbox_linux.cc(377)] InitializeSandbox() called with multiple threads in process gpu-process.
(node:4112) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'util')
at process.<anonymous> (/opt/Upwork/resources/app.asar/out/main/main.js:2:1722854)
at process.emit (node:events:390:28)
at process.emit (/opt/Upwork/resources/app.asar/out/main/main.js:2:1234549)
at App.<anonymous> (node:electron/js2c/browser_init:185:936)
at App.emit (node:events:390:28)
at /opt/Upwork/resources/app.asar/out/main/main.js:2:1736952
(node:4112) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). To terminate the node process on unhandled promise rejection, use the CLI flag `--unhandled-rejections=strict` (see https://nodejs.org/api/cli.html#cli_unhandled_rejections_mode). (rejection id: 1)

And this is the console output when I close Upwork:

undefined
(node:6306) [DEP0005] DeprecationWarning: Buffer() is deprecated due to security and usability issues. Please use the Buffer.alloc(), Buffer.allocUnsafe(), or Buffer.from() methods instead.
(Use `upwork --trace-deprecation ...` to show where the warning was created)
[6346:1209/152656.916828:ERROR:sandbox_linux.cc(377)] InitializeSandbox() called with multiple threads in process gpu-process.
[6346:1209/152701.829045:ERROR:gl_utils.cc(319)] [.WebGL-0x2bca04f74e00]GL Driver Message (OpenGL, Performance, GL_CLOSE_PATH_NV, High): GPU stall due to ReadPixels

(upwork:6306): libunity-CRITICAL **: 15:27:14.631: unity_inspector_on_unity_vanished: assertion 'conn != NULL' failed

Thanks in advance.

Hi Daniel,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi Luiggi,

I just saw your answer. Thank you for taking your time in creating a new ticket for me. Fortunately my issue is solved now 🙂

Hi Pradeep,

I just reinstalled the app and the issue seems to be solved. Probably after the last app update there was some dependency mismatch with my system or whatever.

Have a nice weekend.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths