🐈
» Forums » Support » Payment problem due to special characters in ...
Page options
Michael A Community Member

The beneficiary name is mismatched.

Added my bank as a new payment method and I have been told that the beneficiary name is incorrect. How do I fix this?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi Michael,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

Update 05/30: This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea

View solution in original post

908 REPLIES 908
MAHMOUD E Community Member

Hello,
i've been facing this problem for more than four days and i did change my name to match my payment method and it's not working too even after 48hours, so can anyone please help?

"Payment method verification in progress
Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.
Please visit our page for additional information."
i've been facing this problem for more than four days and already changed my name and made everything to make it right and still nothing,can anyone help me with it?

Hi Mahmoud,

The name mismatch on your account has been cleared.

~Andrea

Hello Andrea,
Thank you for your support.

regards.

Helen N Community Member

Hello,

I recently uploaded my banking account information on Upwork and received an email notify me that my payment account name was not aligned with my Upwork name.

I would love to change my Upwork name and verify my ID. How can I do that? 

P/s: I had sent the support for the chatbot; however, it sent me 2 unrelated articles on the documents needed...

Hi Helen,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Omer S Community Member

I just set up a new payment method for my local bank account but it said "Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account." How can I fix that

Srdjan S Community Member

Greeting,

I applied for a direct disbursement to my bank account, however there is an error as my name does not match the name I use on Upwork. How can I prove that it is my name, mine has a couple of symbols that cannot be used in English (e.g. đ, ћ).
Thanks in advance.

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Srdjan,

I shared your concern with the relevant team and can confirm that you should no longer see this error on your end.  Please, don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Nuran S Community Member

Hi,

I have added my bank details and provided information for activating my payment method, however I am unable to get it approved. It says:

"Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account."

The thing is, my name has a Turkish letter "ğ" which might be the issue, but I am not allowed to add my name with that letter. So I'm confused on how to fix this problem.

Please help,
Thanks

Hi Nuran,

Please allow 48 hours for the name mismatch on your account to be reviewed.

~Andrea
Nuran S Community Member

Still no update.

Hilal U Community Member

Hi when I add my paypal account, Upwork says "The beneficiary name is mismatched" but they are exactly same. Could you help me ?

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Hilal,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I would like to let you know that our team will review your name mismatch within the next 48 hours and update you directly if they need any additional information. 

~ Nikola
Yusuf Berki Y Community Member

There is a Turkish character in my surname (Ğ) and there is this character in my name in my bank account. Since I cannot use this character in my Upwork account, I used the global version (G). My payment method was not confirmed. I got the following message:

Payment method verification in progress
Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on
your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.

48 hours passed and no change.

Since I couldn't find a support mail, I had to write here.

Can anyone help me?

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Yusuf,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I reached out to the team handling your case and your name mismatch is now approved. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Nuran S Community Member

I have the same problem. How can I fix this?

Hi Nuran,

The name mismatch on your account has been cleared.

~Andrea
Minh V Community Member

I have used this payment account for one year now and the name matches but somehow I face this error again. I have encounter this error before "Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account." Can Someone help me with this please?

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Minh,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it.

~ Nikola
Minh V Community Member

Thanks hope to hear from you soon
Mubeen R Community Member

I am facing the same issue, How to solve this? thanks

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Mubeen,

Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it.

~ Nikola
Kinjal d Community Member

I wanna change my profile name after marriage can not link bank detail shows that The beneficiary name is mismatched, how to link my changed name  after marriage   

Nikola S Moderator

Hi BUHA,

Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it.

~ Nikola
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths