🐈
» Forums » Support » The beneficiary name is mismatched.
Page options
18d977ae
Community Member

The beneficiary name is mismatched.

Added my bank as a new payment method and I have been told that the beneficiary name is incorrect. How do I fix this?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Michael,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

Update 05/30: This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

908 REPLIES 908
mstrdh
Community Member

Hey!

I added Paypal as a payment method but it says: "The beneficiary name is mismatched", however, both Paypal and Upwork have identical names.

Please assist.

Hi Denys,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I have checked your account and it looks like your name mismatch has been approved. Let me know if you need further assistance, I'll be here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
3ce98b14
Community Member

Hi,

Is there a chance I can change my name. I have used my nickname here in upwork. But when I added payment details, it says "Payment method verification in progress. Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account." 

What can I do about this? 

Hi Kath,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked this for you and can confirm that your financial account is already active.

Generally, it takes 48 hours for our team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we would reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

~ AJ
Upwork
vepe
Community Member

Hi Andrea!

I see now, thats not only me, who is having a problem with this "mismatched name".

I also have seen, that You sorted out their issue.

May I ask You as well, to please assist me with this "mismatching name" problem?!

I am already verified, but this problem I couldnt sort yet.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Best regards,

Márton

Hi Marton,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it's been more than 48 hours and the names are still mismatched, please let us know so we can further assist you.

~ AJ
Upwork
vepe
Community Member

Dear Annie Jane,

Thank you for getting back to me.

I did pass 48 hrs now, but I am still facing the same issue.

Would you be so kind that You would look into it for me, please?

Thank you very much in advance,

Best wishes,

Veperdi Márton

Hi Marton,

The name mismatch on your account has been cleared.

~Andrea
Upwork
vepe
Community Member

Dear Andrea,

Thank You very much for your help!! I really appreciate it!

Have a nice weekend! 🙂

Márton

8a296b65
Community Member

I have a problem with withdrawing money from Upwork for 3 MONTHS, it always says that my name is mismatch, but my name is the same as my name on Upwork and my name on the bank, I've checked it several times I need help urgently!

Hi Naveen,

It looks like you've added your payment method today. Please allow 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If they need any further information they will reach out to you directly.

~Andrea
Upwork
penayoungmedia
Community Member

I have been trying to get paid but Upwork says my name doesn't match the bank. It does match the bank and I checked with my bank to make sure. This is very frustrating. A "ticket" was made but it looks automated and assigned to no one after I used the AI-helpdesk engine (which is pretty horrible). I have been with Upwork (formerly Elance/Odesk) for over a decade.  This is really disconcerting. Had planned on picking up more clients, but not until I can find a way to fix this payment problem. I use this platform for its reliability. But if this is how support runs now, then I am really disappointed. I hope someone can help with more than the automated response to give the platform 48 hours to respond.  This has been an issue for awhile. Thank you.

Hi Sabrina Pena,

We appreciate you reaching out to us. I have checked your account and I can see that multiple tickets have been created. A gentle reminder from Upwork, please avoid filing several tickets with the same concern so that the team who will handle them can assist you more efficiently.

You can check here or your email for updates on those tickets and further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork

To explain the multiple tickets - when I used the AI chat, it said I would receive an email for a ticket. I did not receive one, so I set up a ticket again today. However, I saw the ticket was not assigned to an agent and did not receive any sort of feedback from anyone. So I created another ticket. I highly recommend the system be reviewed. It is not user-friendly at all. I have used this platform for a decade. I am not sure if this was a software change during the pandemic, but the AI-chat is not working properly. There was no way to know if a human had actually looked at my ticket and no one has responded to me. And no one---no one--- has responded to ANY of the tickets to date. 

So again I ask, I need to be paid. Is anyone going to look at my ticket? Or am I just not getting paid no matter what I do? 

And again I took the time to review the bank information to make sure it matches up. I have tried adding using First/Last   --  First/Middle/Last --- First/Middle Initial/Last  -------- nothing is working. 

If someone from the team can review that would be helpful as I need to be paid. I also need to have some verification that a person is working on the ticket (whichever they choose) since there is no verification and the Upwork profile still has the error message, which is inaccurate. Thank you again for your help. I understand that automated systems mess up often, however this might be one easily fixed by having team members actually respond to the tickets, even if just to say "working on it" or a friendly "hello". A little bit of good customer service goes a long way. 

Hi Sabrina, 

Please take note that tickets are addressed by the order they were received. Once your team gets to your ticket in their queue, they will assist you further. If you don't hear back within 24-hours, please let us know so that we can follow up on your behalf. 

~ Avery
Upwork
avinashkjain
Community Member

Added my bank as a new payment method and I have been told that the beneficiary name is incorrect. Please add my account on priority basis. this is my account and beneficiary name is already match.

Thank you.

Hi Avinash,

Please allow 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hello,
My issue is not resolved, Please check

Hi Avinash,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your payment method is accepted and will be active in 3 days.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
4c506a1e
Community Member

HI , Please solve this !
My NID name is MD.ABDE RABBY
and my local bank id name is also  MD.ABDE RABBY
 I want to add my local bank when I type my name  MD.ABDE RABBY
there is showing incorrect format and that's why I submit this without dot (.)  then  my payment method became deactivate for beneficiary  on my payment method  doesn't match my Upwork account name 

4c506a1e_0-1652555073107.png

Hi MD.ABDE,

I can see that your beneficiary name is no longer mismatched. If you're still seeing this error on your end, try clearing your browser cache and cookies, or checking from a different browser. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
0326d7dc
Community Member

When I saw my name problem. The name does not match. After 1 hour I change my name with My NID card. And again I add my NID card and my bank statement. But the Still Now Get paid button says -   

Payment method verification is in progress..........

Did you check the FAQ?

Yes, I already check it.

Hi  MD ASHIKUR,

A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
kalayu_ftsum_m
Community Member

I got this error Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account. when I tried to connect my wise account to Upwork

Hi Kalayu,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
danielrune13
Community Member

Hello, my name is Daniel and I'm a freelancer.

So I was trying to add my Wise account as a method of payment in "get paid" as a US bank account, but Upwork says that the "beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account". I've already verified this and it is supposed to match. I think Upwork is verifying this payment method and, from what I heard, it usually takes less then 48 hours, but in my case its been 4 days already.

What should I do? Is it because its Wise? I have the american USD version in my Wise account with all the details that you normally need (routing number, etc) and I heard that Upwork supports Wise.

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I reached out to the team handling your case and your name mismatch is now approved. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Thank you, Nikola!

taiman888
Community Member

Hi,
Please help to fix this issue. 
My name is perfect match with the bank account and the upwork account.

Do you mind to get back to me for further help.

Hi there, 

Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Nikola,
This is very stranged because I did transfer money into my bank before with the number end(9865)and now it just suddenly said not match? 
I believed I provided all the accurate information and there shouldn't be any mismatched name issue. 
I am sorry for keep asking but I really want to transfer the money. 
Thank you

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi See, 

I checked, and it looks like the name mismatch has already been cleared. Please know that this regular verification check is by design. You should now be able to use this payment method to withdraw your earnings. 

~ Avery
Upwork
dtnugo
Community Member

Hello. Can I get assistance with this issue?

Payment method verification in progress

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.
Please visit our FAQ page for additional information.

Find attached a screenshot.

Hi Victor,

I have checked your account and it looks like you've already reached out to our support team there's already a support ticket created with your concern. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, they will follow up with you directly on your ticket and share instructions on how to correct it.

~ Arjay
Upwork
art-oz
Community Member

I've been trying to input my payment method, it keeps telling me the name doesn't match. The names are identical. Honestly I've been going back and forth for a month now. I'm exhausted. First it kept reversing my pay. So I decided to input my bank details again properly to be sure there's no mistake, (keep in mind I've used this account before). Now I cant even get passed a name problem. I only have one bank account opening another is quite tedious in my country and it isn't something I have a schedule opening for this month. This has delayed my project on upwork. How can this be resolved

Hi Ozo Michael,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I have checked with the team handling your case and I'm pleased to inform you that your beneficiary name has been approved.

~ Arjay
Upwork
kosmocrocco
Community Member

Hello,

I use a nickname different from the name on my bank account, and I need to verify my identity.

Can anyone from the support team help me solve this, please?

Thank you

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths