🐈
» Forums » Support » The beneficiary name is mismatched
Page options
laura14128
Community Member

The beneficiary name is mismatched

Hello there,

at my payment methods it says that the beneficiary name is mismatched, I guess because my surnames in my bank account have accent marks and in my Upwork profile I can not put them.

Any chance you could have my payment method activated already?

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ArjayM

Hi Laura,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

828 REPLIES 828
bc86c195
Community Member

Great ! thank you very much

mananrajpoot678
Community Member

Hi Team I am Abdul Manan. I am facing issue while adding bank account. It's saying name isn't matched. I also verified my identity but it doesn't work. I contacted upwork support but they haven't responded. Can you please look on it. My ticket number is 36828957 and this 36829011. I faced the issue before too but it wasn't resolved.

Please check it and lemme know .

Thank You

Hi Manan,

Please allow 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. 

~Andrea
Upwork
eaf45f3b
Community Member

I recently changed my direct to bank transfer account and when I finish I am shown the messge that it was deactivated because my name doesnt match the beneficary name. I dont get it its the same name I am the only perso nthat manages that bank account. May you please verify this information?

Hi Norma,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

~ AJ
Upwork
d3453587
Community Member

Please Upwork verify my new payment method. I just added a new payment method and its showing name mismatched meanwhile the name on my bank is the same with my Upwork profile name. Please approve it, its urgent.

32793bf8
Community Member

It's been more than 48 hours and it still shows that your payment method is not verified I tried everything but it didn't work for me.

My Upwork Account name: Muhammad Taha Khan

Beneficiary Name: MUHAMMAD TAHA EHTESHAM KHAN

I submitted all documents that were required for verification don't know where I should go.

I left my job to fully concentrate on freelancing but my account is not verifying if someone helps me I am very thankful to you. 

Hi Muhamamd,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I reached out to the team handling your case and your name mismatch is now approved. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
tlovelundphoto
Community Member

Hello, 

First time being paid on upwork but when i click on the "get paid" tab I see the following message at the top:

"Your payment method has been dactivated because the benificiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your upwork account." 

However the name is the same as the name on my payment info.  Anyone know of a step I might be missing here to get this re-aligned?

Hi Thomas,

I can see that you've submitted a report to the relevant team and a support ticket has been set up as well. Please allow our team time to review your case and an update should be provided on this page once done. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
f6745144
Community Member

My beneficiary name and Upwork name both are the same but still getting the error of "The beneficiary name is mismatched".

Hi Abdul,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
muzevir
Community Member

Greetings,I have a paypal mismatched name problem as well. The thing is on my paypal which was created much sooner than my upwork account name is stated with the local alphabet letters Dž and Ć instead of English alphabet dz and c. I thought of editing my name on paypal to the english version of the name,but it kinda makes no sense because they require ID on which it states as it is in my national alphabet. What do you suggest me to do? Edit: Problem solved,ty

Hi Eldar,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It looks like the name mismatch on your account has been resolved already. Generally, it may take 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

Please also note that for security reasons, when you set up a new payment method, it will become available for use 3 calendar days after it has been added.

~ AJ
Upwork
fcaaafe5
Community Member

Hello team,

I have updated my name on Upwork to match my bank account name. The name was updated on Upwork but I still get an error when adding a payment account saying there is a mismatch. Can you please help?

Hi Sara,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please try adding your payment method again? Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

~ Nikola
Upwork
fcaaafe5
Community Member

Thanks for the quick reply Nikola, I will try again.

f6745144
Community Member

The bank account name and Upwork account name are the same but still getting this error "Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account"

Hi Abdul,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I reached out to the team handling your case and your name mismatch is now approved. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
f6745144
Community Member

Solved, Thanks

3f2704ee
Community Member

Hello,

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.

I have checked beneficiary name on payment method as well as Upwork account looks like its correct.

Please suggest me to where to correct my name if its wrong.

Thanks

Getting the same issue and it's been over 48 hours.

Hi Jaydev,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please clarify if you still receive this notification on your end so that we can assist you further? 

~ Nikola
Upwork
3f2704ee
Community Member

Hi Nikola,

Solved issue now. Thank you very much...

Regards

Jaydev

9b03cbe5
Community Member

Hello, the bank account name and Upwork account name are the same but still getting this error "Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account". Can you please help?

Hi Ada,

Thank you for your message. Your payment method has been accepted and will be active in 3 days.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
hossainawlad
Community Member

Hi,
My direct to bank payment method has been deactivated since my upwork account name does not match the name in my bank account---this is because I am using my company bank account of sole proprietorship. 

I saw that if I use company bank account, I need to provide bank statement, business license.

But how to send and verify it? 

Thanks,

Awlad

Hi Md. Awlad,

Thank you for your message. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
ashokmehta999
Community Member

I had added new payout bank details, with my business name. But is has been under review since 3 weeks now. I have gone through the FAQ section and I was supposed to share more details like a bank statement, business license, etc. but haven't received any such email yet from Upwork.

Hi Ashok,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

My bank account with my business name has been in verification for 3 weeks. I raised a request a few hours ago and someone from the support sent me the link for Identity Verification instead of Name Mismatch Verification. That case's page is forever stuck on loading because the Support has closed it without even verifying the very support information they provided. 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

2efef24d
Community Member

it says unmatched payment name and username but it matches the original. Both of them write gulnihal ozturk, but in Turkish they have the letter ü and not in English

Hi Gulnihal,

Please allow 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. 

~Andrea
Upwork
2efef24d
Community Member

thank you so much!

shivafernandes
Community Member

Hi,
I've had no problem adding in the past my Paypal Account, but my Bank account is not being accepted.

Both accounts are mine and my name is the exact same on both. The name is also the same exact one as in my Tax information here on Upwork.

What can I do, am I doing something wrong?

Hi Shiva, 

I would like to share that this experience is by design. It looks like you removed the bank account. When you add a new payment method to your account, the system will review your account details against your Upwork account information. The review should complete within 48 to 72 hours. If there are issues with your account information, the team will contact you with more details. Otherwise, the payment method will be available for use after the review is completed. 

~ Avery
Upwork
b7cff7b1
Community Member

I still get an error even though my payment method and account name are the same. Please help me.

Hi Raul,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It looks like the name mismatch on your account has been resolved already. Generally, it may take 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

Please also note that for security reasons, when you set up a new payment method, it will become available for use 3 calendar days after it has been added.

~ AJ
Upwork
5ffeee5c
Community Member

Hello Upwork Community Team ,

At my payment methods it says that the beneficiary name is mismatched. Because I do not have my surname in my bank account and my surname in my upwork profile is compulsary.  I think this is the main reason so please verify my account.

Any chance you could have my payment method activated today?

Thank you!

Hi Priyanka,

I have shared your concern with our team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths