🐈
» Forums » Support » The beneficiary name is mismatched
Page options
laura14128
Community Member

The beneficiary name is mismatched

Hello there,

at my payment methods it says that the beneficiary name is mismatched, I guess because my surnames in my bank account have accent marks and in my Upwork profile I can not put them.

Any chance you could have my payment method activated already?

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ArjayM

Hi Laura,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

828 REPLIES 828
david_gazdag
Community Member

Hello! 

At my payment methods my method has been deactivated because my name does not match with my bank account name. It is because I am hungarian and I have accent marks in my name but on my upwork account I cannot use special letters. 

I am waiting to get it resolved for a week now so I try to get support here.

Thanks for your help!

Hi Dávid,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with the team handling your case and your name mismatch is now approved. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
d5d378f3
Community Member

I have the same issue. It's been 7 days already but still no response from support.

Hi Amir,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
sudeyedikardes
Community Member

Hello there,

At my payment methods it says that the name is mismatched, I guess because my surname in my id, and official documents have accent marks and in my Upwork profile I can not put them. I tried different payment methods( Paypal, local bank) but my it didn't work, and now my payment methods section looks inactive. 

Any solutions to fix that problem? Thank you so much!

Hi Sude,

Thank you for your message. I see that your payment method is already active now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
kirillunited
Community Member

Hi there, I received the following message when try to add new payment method: "Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account."

However my current account name stay the same for about 4 years(when I created account on Upwork) and bank accounts name also stay the same, and have a few letters mismatch.

The letters mismatch is just a matter of transcription from cyrillic and it still the same name and I didn`t get an issue with that previosly on Upwork.

Thank you!

Hi Kirill,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your payment method has been accepted and will be active in 3 days.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
ee056752
Community Member

I tried to add a new bank to my payment method But I do get "name mismatched" as a response. Please help me out. What should I do?

Hi Emmanuel,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your payment method has been accepted and will be active in 3 days.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
ed362cb9
Community Member

My account and my name in my bank are the same. I have a "ç" character in my surname, I can't write it. please check again. how do i solve this problem.

Hi Kerem,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It looks like the name mismatch on your account has been resolved already. Generally, it may take 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

~ AJ
Upwork
47b0de1e
Community Member

My name in both PayPal and Upwork is matched but Upwork still telling me it's not what should I do

Hi Ahmed,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It looks like the name mismatch on your account has been resolved already. Generally, it may take 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

~ AJ
Upwork
smiloda
Community Member

Hi, I am awaiting payment from my client and just saw an alert notification saying my account name does not match my bank account name. I need help getting in touch with customer support urgently please. 

kerrywalters
Community Member

Hi!

I'm having some difficulties due to my bank account name not matching my UpWork name.

I'd like to change the bank account that UpWork payments go into. The new bank account is a business account under my business name. My UpWork account is under my name (and I don't want to change my UpWork account to be my business name). 

I've been trying to find a solution, and it looks like I can possibly get around this by providing UpWork with a bank statement showing both my business name and my name. My business bank statements don't show my name, but they do show my address. Is this sufficient for UpWork to allow me to change my bank details?

Hi Kerry,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
ashokmehta999
Community Member

I want to add a new bank account that is registered under my business license. For this Upwork has said in the Help pages they will contact you in cases where there's a difference in the name of the freelancer and that of the account. However, I am yet to receive any email from support.

Hi Ashok,

Thank you for reaching out to us. This just means that if we don't find any issue with the account, you will not be receiving an email. Should there be an issue with your bank account details, our team will reach out to you with details on how you can correct it.

I checked your account and found no recently added payment method. Could you please try readding it? Please let us know if you need further assistance.

~ AJ
Upwork

As you can see, I have added new account details. But have not yet received an email from Upwork asking me to verify if it belongs to me - like Upwork's FAQ page says I should. 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

As you can see, I have added new account details. But have not yet received an email from Upwork asking me to verify if it belongs to me - like Upwork's FAQ page says I should.

Hi Ashok,

Thank you for providing this information. Generally, it takes 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

~ AJ
Upwork
aa3db823
Community Member

My upwork account is in the name of an individual, but the bank account is with my freelance company that I use here in Brazil to pay all national taxes in Brazil. But Upwork is rejecting my bank account and I sent the documentation weeks ago and I have not received any return! How do I resolve this?

Hi Wellington,

I have reached out to the team handling your case and it looks like proper documentation still needs to be submitted from your end. Please respond to the email that's been sent to you with instructions on how to clear the name mismatch on your account. You can check this support ticket and coordinate with the team to resolve the issue.

~ Arjay
Upwork
c3b610f5
Community Member

Hey there,

im trying to get paid for my first job right now. Connecting my local bank wont work so far due to missmatched names. Paypal the same. Im not sure how I can fix this because my name is the same on every three of those platforms.. (Upwork, Local Bank, Paypal) . Because there is just a bot spamming links to arcticles which I have already read, im now trying to get some support in this thread. Anyone who can help?

Thanks a lot

Milan Strehler

Hi Milan, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with the team handling your case and your name mismatch is now approved. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
9202f423
Community Member

Hello there,

I hope everyone is having a great day.

I am having the same issue. My payment method is PayPal and it currently has the same name as my Upwork but rejects it. It keeps saying that the beneficiary's name is incorrect. Could you please help me fix this?

I'd appreciate it if you could share this with the team that reviews the name mismatch to follow up.

Thank you!

Jarvik G.

Hi Jarvik,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork
6ab50f09
Community Member

I still haven't received payment for a task I completed about two months ago. the reason says name mismatch upwork but my name is correct both in my profile and payment information. Even though I verified with identity card, I still couldn't get paid and no one cares. This is so sad 

Did you contact Customer Support for your issue?

Yes. Thank you very much 

Hi Sinem Ferda,

I have reached out to the team handling your case and I'm pleased to inform you that the name mismatch on your account has been cleared. Your payment method is now active and ready for transactions. Let me know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
6ab50f09
Community Member

Hello, yes its done now. I took payment today. Thanks a lot. 

73535ac2
Community Member

I can't get paid from my balance. This message always appear "

Payment method verification in progress

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account."

No one contact me for verification for more than 10 days. Thanks

Hi Osama,

I have reached out to the team handling your case and I'm pleased to inform you that the name mismatch on your account has been cleared. Let me know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
73535ac2
Community Member

Thanks

bc86c195
Community Member

Hello, I am new to upwork and when I tried to add my payment method, I received this:

Checking Current Payment Method ...

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.
Please visit our FAQ  page for additional information.

Can someone help me with this please?😭

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rumel,

I checked and it doesn't look like the name mismatch on your account has been cleared! The payment method will become active after the usual 3-day security period.

~Andrea
Upwork
bc86c195
Community Member

Okay, thank you very much!

So in 3 days I could still try to set up my payment method?

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

This payment method will become active automatically, Rumel. If you have a different payment method you'd like to add you can do so at any time, no need to wait.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths