🐈
» Forums » Support » The beneficiary name is mismatched
Page options
laura14128
Community Member

The beneficiary name is mismatched

Hello there,

at my payment methods it says that the beneficiary name is mismatched, I guess because my surnames in my bank account have accent marks and in my Upwork profile I can not put them.

Any chance you could have my payment method activated already?

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ArjayM

Hi Laura,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

828 REPLIES 828

Okay, thanks Joanne

7242e7ee
Community Member

NEED HELP
the payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.
* Knowing that the account name according to the passport is the same as the name in my bank account!!!

- Attached is a screenshot of the problem and other photos of the passport and photos of the account name on the UPWORK website

Hi Mohamed Essam Moha,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
d617befe
Community Member

my name is arabic . on upwork my name is Wannes Amine . my full name in my bank acount is OUANES MOHAMED AMINE . you can spell my name in different ways but i got notification saying the payment is disactivated becaause of the mismatch . i did id verification thingy with my national id card which i have already done before .at 12 am i got this email 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

did they review the problem and decide no to let the payment method through ? . because i still have this notification that says still under review 

d617befe_2-1663404870671.png

what do i have to do now i already sent a photo of my national id !! this is horrible i requested a name change on my upwork account and that takes 48 hours . so i added my payonner account and that takes 3 days ! . what is this ! upwork please fix this can you get an arabic translator to fix this problem ? i will leave a photo if my id in this thread if its going to be helpful 

Hi Wannes,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It looks like the name mismatch on your account has been resolved already. Generally, it may take 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

Please also note that for security reasons, when you set up a new payment method, it will become available for use 3 calendar days after it has been added.

~ AJ
Upwork
d617befe
Community Member

it has been resolved thanks

samapriyae
Community Member

Payment method verification in progress

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.

i am getting the above massege for some time now .even it says it be be fixed within 48 hours nothing happend.what do i have to do ?

Hi Achala,

I shared your concern with the relevant team and can confirm that you should no longer see this error on your end. Don't hesitate to let us know if you require further assistance. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork

thank you very much for the prompt reply. i will check and get back to you

99186dcf
Community Member

Hello, I've been notified that my beneficiary name of local bank account does not match my profile's name. The difference is only in one letter and I'm not sure if I should change my upwork's name.

Bank name: Abdallah Emad

Upwork name: Abdullah Emad

Hi Abdullah,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I reached out to the team handling your case and your name mismatch is now approved. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
ninaysolinaperez
Community Member

Hi, can someone help me? It's been more than 48 hours and my payment method is deactivated. My wise account and upwork account have the same name but my payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on my payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.

Please help me.
Thank you!

Hi Nina Yosolina,

I'd like to confirm that your beneficiary name mismatch error has been resolved. You may now log in and check your settings.  

~ Joanne
Upwork
b0f24c19
Community Member

I have added my bank and all accaunts are mine but still has this problem; 

'' Payment method verification in progress

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account. ''

Hi Gokalp,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I reached out to the team handling your case and your name mismatch is now approved. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
b0f24c19
Community Member

Hi Nikola,

Thanks, it has solved

a58c50cb
Community Member

''Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.''

I used a nickname when i first signed to the Upwork and now i'm getting this warning. It's been like that for over a week so i deleted and re-added the method but i still get the same error. I can't reach anyone from upwork and i don't know what to do, pls help.

Hi Sena,

To help safeguard our users, we require your name to match the name on any bank accounts or payment methods you intend to use. I'll have one of our team members assist you further via a support ticket. Kindly coordinate with the team here once your ticket has been set up. For the time being, you may want to check this help article for more information.

~ Arjay
Upwork
5ffeee5c
Community Member

Hi Laura ,
I am also having the same issue when I am trying to add the account in the upwork and getting "The beneficiary name is mismatched." 
Can you please take a look on it and fix it asap .
Thanks

Hi Priyanka,

Thank you for your message. Your payment method has been accepted and will be active in 3 days.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
638414d7
Community Member

Hello,

I got the ''Beneficiary name is mismatched'' popup. I'm confused because my Paypal name and my name on here are exactly the same.
What's the solution for this?
Thank you

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sofija,

The name mismatch on your account has been cleared!

~Andrea
Upwork
69061d39
Community Member

Hi Guys,

My banking details still haven't been accepted after 48 hours; it's still being verified. But why is this when the beneficiary name on the account and my verified name are the same? I've messaged Support twice on the matter, and still no resolution.

Can anyone advise me on what I should do?

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Andy,

The name mismatch on your account has been cleared.

~Andrea
Upwork
69061d39
Community Member

Thanks, Andrea. I appreciate you. 🙂

1e6899b0
Community Member

Hello! I have the same problem. I verified my PayPal account and the name and any information is the same on Upwork and PayPal. But Upwork rejected to withdraw my earnings. After that I decided to relink tghe paypal. And now it is said that my name mismatch. Thank you in advance for helping me!

Hi Evgen,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
elizabeth-luebb
Community Member

Beneficiary name mistached. Please endeavor to look into my complaints. Kind regards 

Hi Mercy,

I'm sorry to hear you experienced this. I shared your report with the relevant team and can confirm that you should no longer see the error on your end. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Thanks, it's all sorted out. I really appreciate this

s_trn
Community Member

Hello, I'm Sümeyye

II have started working  through UpWork without any problems until today. 

I entered my card information to transfer the money in my account to my card via IBAN, but my UpWork name and my card name do not match due to non-English characters in my name! In addition, the card information section does not accept the letter “Ü” (Sümeyye) of my original name.

the system gives  error and the payment method cannot be added

Please help me.

Hi Sümeyye,

Thank you for your message. I see that your payment method has been already accepted and will be active from Sept 28th.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
s_trn
Community Member

Thank you so so much for the quick response. This just made my day! Definitely the best Support Team!

9c4fa452
Community Member

Hi Upwork Managers,

Can you please tell me how to resolve this matter? I want to add my bank account but it doesn't work as it shows that the beneficiary name is different. Actually, I have only a first name in my bank account and Upwork requires both a first name and last name. Can you please resolve it so I can add my account?

Hi Saroj,

Thank you for your message. I see that your payment method is already accepted and will be active in 3 days.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Thanks

87065c81
Community Member

I signed up upwork with Angel Alvear and got the verification badge with that name.

My full name is Angel Alexander Alvear Enriquez so when I need to connect PayPal, I renamed it to Angel Alexander Alvear Enriquez.

The problem is Upwork doesn't accept my PayPal because of different name.

What's wrong with it?

How to open ticket for support team for it?

Hi Angel,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
ea8f3a3a
Community Member

My legal last name is Umaña With ñ, my PayPal account name accept ñ character but names in upwork doesnt accept ñ character, anyone else same problem? 

Hi Carlos,

I checked and I did not see a name mismatch on your account. That said, if the team encounters any issues with the payment method you added, they'll reach out to you directly to complete the appropriate verification process.

In addition, please be sure to complete your Form W-8BEN to confirm that you’re not a U.S. taxpayer and be able to withdraw your earnings.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths