🐈
» Forums » Support » The beneficiary name is mismatched
Page options
laura14128
Community Member

The beneficiary name is mismatched

Hello there,

at my payment methods it says that the beneficiary name is mismatched, I guess because my surnames in my bank account have accent marks and in my Upwork profile I can not put them.

Any chance you could have my payment method activated already?

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ArjayM

Hi Laura,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

828 REPLIES 828
penny671
Community Member

Receiving the same error except I have been using the same payment method for years and it just pops up now. I even connected my Paypal that states the same name inputted on my Upwork account and the same error shows. My profile has been verified and had been doing business here offering services for a long time and this kind of out of the blue BS is a major turn off. Fix it ASAP

3b048cb3
Community Member

Hi Arjay,

I am having the same problem, I tried so many time to fixe that but no issue. can you help me please.

Hi Ismahane Yasmina,

I have checked your account and I can confirm that the name mismatch has been cleared. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hello Arjay, again I'm having an issue with Upwork not letting me withdraw because of a common name variation issue. Previously I withdrew PayPal as a method(I was using it) and now I chose to add my PayPal account again (the exact same account I used before..) and it's again the same beneficiary name issue (Im using the international version of my surname on Upwrok, the difference is the last letter). Please help asap

Hi Sergio,

I have checked your account and I can confirm that the name mismatch on your account has been cleared and your payment method is already active. Let me know if you need further assistance. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi, Any update to my concern?

b02bf750
Community Member

Hello, 

I have the same problem with my payment methods (paypal) it says that the beneficiary name is mismatched, My name is the same for both.  I waited for 24 hours to get the name reviewed and upwork answered with fail. Already have a support ticket but no one answered.

Any chance to get it fixed?

Hi, I have wait for 48 hours for your team to review and I thought you will contact me for instructions on what to do. Instead, I found out that you deleted my added account. I have no other way to get payment since the previous bank is already gone, and the bank will not issue a name similar to my previous, before marrying, because my ID now shows my married surname. Please advise on what to do. Also your get support chat is somewhat a robot that is trying to help but unfortunately can't.

Thank you!

Hi, Any update on this?

Hi Aiza,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your payment method has been accepted and will be active in 3 days.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Looking forward to it.

Regards,

Aiza

Hi Arjay.

My name on pay pal is my full name and on here I use my shortened name.

Upwork hasn't accepted this and I have no way of claiming my payments.

Can somebody assist. My I'd has been provided.

Thank you and kind regards

Elle

Hi Elle,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked your account and can confirm that the name mismatch has been resolved.

Generally, it may take 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

~ AJ
Upwork
b02bf750
Community Member

Hi,

I am trying to link my PayPal account with Upwork and I get a beneficiary name is mismatched error, However, my name on both is identical so please help me fix this problem!

Thanks

Hi Hadeer,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding this issue.  I reached out to the team assigned to your ticket and they will reach out to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
1e7290c2
Community Member

hello i have the same issue too. but the email says verify my identity but i'm verified. i have ñ in my upwork name and in bank details didn't accept "ñ" so i put "n " instead 

Hi John,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like your name mismatch is already approved. Could you please let us know if you need further assistance? 

~ Nikola
Upwork
4ceb4682
Community Member

Hi Nikola,

I have taken the first job recently and then I have seen that there were something to do for verification.
I tried to verify my ID and it was accepted. My bank account was also able to be found and verified.

However, the actual problem was my Upwork account name and it was writing there is a mismatch between my account name and my bank account name. Before getting this error, I requested to change my account from "Furkan Sahin" to "Hüseyin Furkan Şahin" in order to meet the conditions of a match.

I could not get any response about my name change request and I do not know whether my bank account has been verified or not. Since I cannot see the error anymore when I go to the "Get Paid" section, I got a little bit confused about it has been verified or not.

Could you please check my condition as well? I will be very happy to see that my request is being handled by someone.

Thank you in advance.

Warm regards,

Hüseyin Furkan Şahin

Hi Furkan

I would be happy to help. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
46ba340b
Community Member

I'm getting this notification:
Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.

But, both names are same, why upwork is still saying this.
Please resolve my issue. 

Hi Arslan,

I can confirm that the name on your account and payment method matches and it's currently active. Can you please try clearing your cache and cookies or use a different browser? Let me know if the error message persists and I'll look further into that for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
ammarrrr
Community Member

Hey Ajay,

So I have a Payoneer account which gives me the leverage to use another 2 accounts (US & UK). The US account is in my name, and I was thinking of withdrawing that amount into my Payoneer (linked to the US) account and then to my Pakistani bank account. Is it possible? I am not required to fill out any form of W-8BEN or anything to assure I am not a taxpayer of the US. Is that possible? if so, then how?
Thanks!

Hi Ammar,

I checked your account and it looks like you've already added your Payoneer payment method. Feel free to withdraw there, however, we can't advise what you can or cannot do with your funds afterward. As for the Form W-8BEN, it looks like you've already provided it on Upwork so you're all good on our end.

~Andrea
Upwork
ammarrrr
Community Member

Hey Andrea,
Thank you for responding. I have a question; my US bank account beneficiary name is not matched the verified name on Upwork, so what can I do in this case? Plus, If I withdraw that amount into my US bank, do I have to fill out the form of W-8BEN because I am not a US resident? 
Thanks 

Hi Ammar,

To set up payment, you must be listed as an account holder or authorized signer on the chosen account, or be able to demonstrate that you are authorized by the business to do so. The listed name on the account must match your verified name on Upwork.

~Andrea
Upwork
thrl
Community Member

I have the same issue, It changed in the last month - it was fine for 4 years...
I'm not able to change my name on my bank account - impossible - and the Upwork system rejects all accent marks.

Hi Krisztian,

After escalating this to the relevant team, I can confirm that you should longer see this error on your end. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Community Member

Hey!

I've got this badge "Payment method verification in progress" when I tried to withdraw money to my LLC bank account. I understand that I should provide verification documents that I'm an owner of this LLC. And I can provide those.

But 6 days have gone and nobody contact with me. Also I sent a request to support 2 days ago.

May you help me with that, may you speed up this process.

Thank you!

Hi Evgenii,

I can confirm that your case has been forwarded to the appropriate team and a support ticket has been set up as well. Please don't hesitate to provide all necessary documents for our team to review and assist you more efficiently with your concern. You can access your ticket and communicate with the team here and in your email.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Community Member

Thank you for responding! I've uploaded my proofs through my ticket. 

b541645a
Community Member

Hey Arjay, I'm also facing the same problem but mine is as I verify my account the upwork mispelled my first name so I do have a correct spelling on my government id they just mispelled it, i cant withdraw funds because of that. 

I'm facing a problem where Upwork mispelled my first name on my ID verfication the reason why I can't withdraw funds today. It is clearly spelled on my government ID that my first name is " Carlos" but Upwork mispelled it into "Carlod"

Hope someone can notice this and fix this.

Hi Carlos Bert,

I have reached out to the team handling your case and I'm pleased to inform you that the name mismatch on your account has been cleared. The name on your profile has been corrected as well. Let me know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
e5eaec95
Community Member

I have the same error message: "The beneficiary name is mismatched". Please advise how to fix this as it's delaying me from receiving payment for work I have completed.

Hi there U A,

I have reached out to the team handling your case and one of the team members will be in touch soon with assistance on how to clear the name mismatch on your account. Kindly expect an email and a support ticket that can be accessed here once been set up.

~ Arjay
Upwork
d04fc470
Community Member

Hello Arjay,

I have the same issue regarding name being mismatched. Please help me confirm my account. Thank you.

Hi Jenhaica-Shain,

I have reached out to the team handling your case and I'm pleased to inform you that the name mismatch on your account has been cleared. Let me know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
a60f1847
Community Member

Hi! I made attempt to receive payment through bank transfer. But I received notification that my payment has been rejected due to invalid beneficiary name. My payment method also has been disabled.
I've changed my name account to match my bank account, but I don't received any notification of being under reviewed. Is my payment method already activated or should I wait for 48 hours to get it activated?

Hi Fidela,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your fund withdrawal. I see that your revised payment method is already active now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
7ba48d1c
Community Member

Hi Arjay,

I have the same problem. At the payment methods section, it says that the beneficiary name is mismatched. I have waited for more than 48 hours and it is still same.

Please assist.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths