🐈
» Forums » Support » The beneficiary name is mismatched
Page options
laura14128
Community Member

The beneficiary name is mismatched

Hello there,

at my payment methods it says that the beneficiary name is mismatched, I guess because my surnames in my bank account have accent marks and in my Upwork profile I can not put them.

Any chance you could have my payment method activated already?

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ArjayM

Hi Laura,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

828 REPLIES 828

Hi Damilare,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I've shared your concern with the relevant team and can confirm that you should no longer see that error on your end. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
19cd3a1c
Community Member

Hi, Luigi

I have issues with adding payment method. It says my payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name is mismatched and it isn't. This is the second time I'm trying to add a payment method and it keeps telling me the same thing. Please I need your assistance.

Hi Agbolade,

The name mismatch on your account has been cleared!

~Andrea
Upwork
3cefc610
Community Member

Hello Arjay M, 
I having the same issue, I have add bank account and check the name between Upwork account and Bank account was exactly same. 
First, I have waiting for 48 hours to waiting verification progress. But until 1 month that's still verification progress.
I try to contact support by clicking "Get Support", but it just provide article that did not help verywell to solve my problem.
Second, I try to remove bank account and add again to payment method. But It's just same problem beneficiary mismatch name.
Thrid, today, I have try again to Re-Add bank account but I get same problem again.

Cat you help me to resolve this problem ? Because I am sure that the name was exactly same.

Thank You, 
Best regard,

Adi

Hi Rahasta,

I'd like to confirm that the name mismatch error in your account has been resolved. You may log in and check. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
3cefc610
Community Member

Thank you so much Joanne Marie P

I have been waiting the verification progress for a long time, Now I feel satisfied and happy.
my bank account has been added.

Thank you for your help
Best Regard,

Adi

dphy
Community Member

My account name is presented in latin, while my payment method is in Cyrillic. Can you please verify it?

Hi Dimity, 

I'm sorry for not being able to get back to you sooner. I have reached out to the team handling your case and I'm pleased to inform you that the name mismatch on your account has been approved. Let me know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
eya96
Community Member

hello, i am having the same problem, i keep having the "The beneficiary name is mismatched" notification
my name is in arabic in my ID and its in french in the bank account, please what can i do ? thanks! 

miteshj07
Community Member

Hi Team,

So i have a Freelancer Account as well as newly Agency Account. So when i am trying to add the Agency Bank Account then it is throwing Name mismatch Error. Can you just help me out with this.

Logically Name on the Account should be Company Account Name right?

Thanks,

Mitesh

Hi Mitesh,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

~ AJ
Upwork
admirsmajic
Community Member

Hello, I have added the payement method to my Bank account but it is susspended due "The beneficiary name is mismatched"
Please can you help?

Hi Admir,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thank you Annie.

bd1f7963
Community Member

I'm Facing the Same problem. When I get this message I thought Maybe my bank account has a problem But, I create another new account using a new sim card with all my real documents. still showing the same Your payment account name does not match your name on Upwork 

Please Help me 

Hi Pk,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

~ Nikola
Upwork
asim_mahat
Community Member

Hello,

I have posted this earlier also, I have been trying to verify my payment method but it always shows " The beneficiary name is mismatched." though I have same name in my bank account and Upwork account. Please help me , Thank you.

Hi Asim,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this pageIf you have further questions or if you need further assistance please feel free to follow up on your ticket and our team will be happy to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
8f91a545
Community Member

Greetings,

I made an account unfortunately with a wrong Gmail EMAIL account for someone who previously logged in into my account and Upwork picked up the wrong NAME.

I submitted the change Name request but it is refused.
How can I be helped?

Thank you

Hi Desh,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I have escalated your concern and one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
16cab69c
Community Member

I have defined my wise bank account as payment method about 2 weeks ago. 
It is still deactive because and warns "The beneficiary name is mismatched.".
My real name is özkan but upwork does not accept non-english letters so my upwork name is ozkan. My upwork profile has been verified successfully. I have waited for along time bu no one return me any way and my issue did not fix.

I have changec my wise bank account name as ozkan and re-tried updating my payment method but it is still deactive and warns the same error.

Can anyone approve my payment method?

Hi Ozkan,

It looks like you've entered your payment method today. Please allow 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account.

~Andrea
Upwork
16cab69c
Community Member

Hi Andrea 
I had defined my bank account 3 weeks ago and waited someone to check it. But no changes happened.
Actually I did not changed any data about my account but just checked "I attest that I am the owner and have full authorization to this bank account." on May 26.
And waited again bu still my account is inacitve. 
I am working but can not get paid for 3 weeks.
Please someone help me.

Hi ozkan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with the team handling your case and your name mismatch is now approved. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi,

My payment mismatch too.

I used my third name when Opening my Upwork account and my Surname is on my Bank details. Both are mine.

The team can check my verification document submitted

Hi Ismail,

Thank you for your message. I see that your payment method is already accepted and will be active in 3 days.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
lazyboynillkabbo
Community Member

It's been long time pass away but I didn't get any solution and support about the subject I mentioned. I can't find any way to overcome this critical problems. Some body please help me. Don't no why does it still shows my beneficiary name mismatch . But both are same in Upwork and as well as my wise account. 

It's really disappointing for me. 

Hi Mohammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I  checked your account and saw that you just added your bank account details recently. 

Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account instead of removing and re-adding your details. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Mam it's 48 hours pass away. I don't get fix my problems. Wise Transfer account that I added to get paid option it's showing status INACTIVE

Hi Mohammad,

I am sorry to hear about your account status. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via the support ticket that you initiated earlier. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
dantehoroiwa
Community Member

Hi,

I've changed my bank and upwork is not recognizing my new account, because my name account is the name of my company.

I've received an email with ID Verification Page, but when I click on it, it says the link is expired.

"Oh! It looks like that page has moved."

What should I do?
Thanks,

Dante

Hi Dante,

I have reached out to the team handling your case and one of our members will reach out to you via email with instructions on you can complete the verification. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

~ Arjay
Upwork
7a86c7cd
Community Member

Hello, I have a problem with my payment method. I add my bank information, which is the same in my account and it only appears this ´´The beneficiary name is mismatched¨ but it is the same and I have had this problem for a long time, from what I see it is recurring in several freelancers I need help to solve this

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Juan Diego, 

It looks like you just recently added your payment method. This name verification is working as designed. Please allow at least 48-hours for your account to be reviewed. If the team needs more information, they will reach out to you directly. If you don't hear back within 48-hours, you can come back here, and our team will assist you.

~ Avery
Upwork
979a0b3a
Community Member

Hi, 

Please help me.

I have been living in UK and provided uk location on my upwork account. But my nationality is Pakistani. Also I have a bank account in Pakistan but i dont get option of direct transfer for any other bank than UK or US. So i provided my husbands bank details for which it says beneficiary name does not match with account name. What should i do in this case. 

An urgent support is required. 

Thank you!

Hi Rimsha,

To set up payment to your bank or payment account, you must be listed as an account holder or authorized signer on that account, or demonstrate that you are authorized by the business to do so. The listed name on the account must match your verified name on Upwork. I hope this clarifies.

~ Arjay
Upwork
348e8f23
Community Member

I am having issues verifying my ID and I am pretty sure it's because my ID has a different address. I changed addresses recently and I have just requested a new driver's license from the DMV. I have proof of the new pending driver's license. Is there any way I can send that proof to someone from linked in so my ID is verified?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Salma, 

I'm sorry for the delay. The name mismatch on your account has already been cleared, and you can now use your payment method to withdraw your earnings on Upwork.

~ Avery
Upwork
1c47ffd5
Community Member

Hello, I've setup a payment method. Then I received this message.

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.

After couple of minutes I received a mail saying that verification failed and the names are mismatched.

The mail.
Hi Samuel,
The name "samuel mefreh" on your payment account ended in 0000 has been manually reviewed by our staff and did not meet the criteria for compliance. Please visit our FAQ page for additional information.
If you have not already completed ID verification, you can request approval for your beneficiary name through the ID verification process. Learn more about ID Verification.
Thanks for your time,
The Upwork Team

However, the Names aren't missmatched. it is Samuel Mefreh on Upwork. And samuel mefreh on Paypal.
Could it be the Caps? (S & s). (M & m) ?

Thank you.

Hi Samuel,

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths